2016 Fantasy Football Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
What's everyone's RB list look like this year? Aside from Gurley #1 I don't know how the rest of my list shakes out. So many guys with injury problems or suspensions.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
What's everyone's RB list look like this year? Aside from Gurley #1 I don't know how the rest of my list shakes out. So many guys with injury problems or suspensions.

In dynasty I have

D Johnson
C Hyde
L Murray
CJ Anderson
M Gordon

I have some depth but other than if Johnson pans out no real hard hitting top end

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
With Bell suspended 4 games I don't like anyone outside of Gurley, Peterson and Johnson. It's a crap shoot after that.

Charles - coming off his 2nd ACL tear.

Elliot - Sooo much hype for a rookie. Morris and McFadden still exist too.

Freeman - no way he replicates last year to begin with and could lose carries to Coleman.

Miller - Was terribly misused in Miami. Could break out.

Rawls - coming off major injury. Lots of Prosise hype.

Martin - 2 great years with 2 crap ones sandwiched in between.

Ingram - He's reliable kinda, but in a heavy passing offense and not really top 5.

Peterson, Gurley and Johnson are probably the only ones I'd take in the first, otherwise I'm going WR.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Looks pretty simple, I think you've picked the right guys. How good are the leftover players in the draft under this format? Will you get someone better than Gio Bernard in the 2nd round? That would be the only questionable one to me, as he'll be good again in a PPR league and if there top 30+ guys are kept he might end up being better than whose left in the second round.

I dunno yet. im gonna look at all the rosters and see what I can deduce.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I have pretty high hopes for Lacy to have a bounce back season. I'm not saying he should be a 1st round pick, but if he's there in the 2nd when my turn comes around, I might take the gamble.

There's such a shortage of players who are solid RB1s on their team and not in some sort of committee so if there's one available in the 2nd round, you almost have to take him.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
My RB list is as follows:

Gurley
Johnson
AP
Elliott
Bell
Ingram
Freeman (I have big doubts he will even come close to repeating. Whoever had him last year will reach for him this year)
Lacy
Miller
Charles
McCoy
Martin
Rawls
Foster
Forte
Hyde
Stewart
Lewis
Matthews
Langford

Around here it becomes a mess of Gio Bernard, Gore, Latavius Murray, DeMarco Murray, Melvin Gordon...etc. Too hard to rank at this point

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I agree with most of that list. Scary how many question marks there are with guys you're gonna invest a fairly high pick with. I think the only guy I'd add to your list would be Latavius. That's gonna be a much improved team this year, with an improved O-line, and he's the clear guy there by all indications. 1500 (total) and 8-10 seem very achievable. I'd take him over several of the guys listed.

I've got to keep 3 out of: AJ Green, Luck, Edelman, Foster, Rawls, Graham. Single point ppr. Pretty sure I'm keeping AJ and Edelman. The temptation of Rawls and his role in that offense intrigues me. Luck is Luck though.
Luck is highly overrated IMO. Also, unless this is a 16-teamer, you'll be able to get a QB that will put up comparable numbers. QB is very deep. There are some concerns with Rawls, but I think I'd go with him. Just too many good options at QB.

Looks pretty simple, I think you've picked the right guys. How good are the leftover players in the draft under this format? Will you get someone better than Gio Bernard in the 2nd round? That would be the only questionable one to me, as he'll be good again in a PPR league and if there top 30+ guys are kept he might end up being better than whose left in the second round.
These are my thoughts, particularly that it's PPR. I'm not sure there will be a guy around better than Gio at that pick. Might be worth holding him as well.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle

David Johnson rates higher in our projections due to PPR.

Looks like Johnson/Gurley/Elliot are the top 3 that I've seen. I think this is why the WR's are starting become the new RB's of Fantasy Football.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Do you guys have a draft strategy? I generally try to stick to 2 RBs and 2 WRs with my first 4 picks (not a dynasty league).

I like having a stud RB, so I usually go RB in the 1st round. My sense is that with such a small amount of stud RBs, to get one is a huge bonus over most other teams. I generally go RB in round 1, WR in round 2, then BPA for those positions in rounds 3 and 4.

it all depends on where I am picking though. top 6 pick usually gets a solid RB and I've picked top 6 the last 2 years.

I might switch things up this year though and go for a TE in round 3 or 4. I assume that's when guys like Olsen and Reed will be picked. So much depth at WR means I think I can wait a round before taking my 2nd WR, but TE is the worst position in fantasy because there's only 5 or 6 that are really worth having.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Moving away from RB's in the first round. Saw a stat that only one of the top 10 RB's actually met their projection for points.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
What do you guys think of Sammy Watkins this year? I have until Sunday night to decide if he's going to be my 4th keeper. He was just a monster after the bye last season but Im worried about if his surgically repaired foot will hold up.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
With Bell suspended 4 games I don't like anyone outside of Gurley, Peterson and Johnson. It's a crap shoot after that.

Charles - coming off his 2nd ACL tear.

Elliot - Sooo much hype for a rookie. Morris and McFadden still exist too.

Freeman - no way he replicates last year to begin with and could lose carries to Coleman.

Miller - Was terribly misused in Miami. Could break out.

Rawls - coming off major injury. Lots of Prosise hype.

Martin - 2 great years with 2 crap ones sandwiched in between.

Ingram - He's reliable kinda, but in a heavy passing offense and not really top 5.

Peterson, Gurley and Johnson are probably the only ones I'd take in the first, otherwise I'm going WR.

I wouldnt use a 1st on Peterson. Love Miller late in the 1st or Ingram in the 2nd.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What do you guys think of Sammy Watkins this year? I have until Sunday night to decide if he's going to be my 4th keeper. He was just a monster after the bye last season but Im worried about if his surgically repaired foot will hold up.

Injuries will always be the concern with him, but I think he'll be a top 15 WR this year.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Which Gordon? Either way, nice job!

I just traded John Brown for C.J. Anderson in one of my dynasty leagues. I also traded Lamar Miller, Spencer Ware and two picks for Allen Robinson in a different dynasty.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Which Gordon? Either way, nice job!

I just traded John Brown for C.J. Anderson in one of my dynasty leagues. I also traded Lamar Miller, Spencer Ware and two picks for Allen Robinson in a different dynasty.

What do you think of CJA this year? He helped me win a championship in 2014, I decided to keep him last year and he burned me. Hearing the same hype this year, "Starting RB in Kubiak's system, could get 1500 yards etc. Hard to trust Denver RBs. I cant remember the last time a Denver RB went into the season as the projected starter and didnt end up being a bust.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What do you think of CJA this year? He helped me win a championship in 2014, I decided to keep him last year and he burned me. Hearing the same hype this year, "Starting RB in Kubiak's system, could get 1500 yards etc. Hard to trust Denver RBs. I cant remember the last time a Denver RB went into the season as the projected starter and didnt end up being a bust.

I like him. I think he could actually get close to 1500 yards. I like Booker more than Hillman in terms of their backups, but neither of them should threaten his playing time.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
PPR dynasty: trade Jarvis Landry for Aaron Rodgers? My QB is Stafford. I have Hurns and Parker on my bench. 3 WR spots plus 2 flex...

Thanks! I'm thinking no.

Who are your other starting WRs?

Is the difference between points from Stafford to Rodgers more than the difference between Landry and Hurns or Parker?

I'm not a fan of Stafford, and he lost Megatron so that may also hurt his completions. I'm not sure if Golden Tate can make up for that.

I should admit that I'm a sucker for a good QB though. I don't recall any league that I've been in where someone won with a lower tier QB like Stafford

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Are there any players or teams that you guys are avoiding at all costs this year?

I'm avoiding Denver WRs like the plague this year.

I could see Demarius getting a lot of those quick out passes to him on the side line and then letting him run the ball from there, but I don't see many long balls at all this year for Denver.

I think there's just way too much risk there.

Oh the flip side, any IDP leagues, Denver D will be money makers.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Who are your other starting WRs?

Is the difference between points from Stafford to Rodgers more than the difference between Landry and Hurns or Parker?

I'm not a fan of Stafford, and he lost Megatron so that may also hurt his completions. I'm not sure if Golden Tate can make up for that.

I should admit that I'm a sucker for a good QB though. I don't recall any league that I've been in where someone won with a lower tier QB like Stafford

14 team league... my team is pretty good.

WR1- Allen Robinson
WR2- Jordy Nelson
WER3- T.Y. Hilton
Flex1- C.J. Anderson
Flex2- Jarvis Landry

I have DeVante Parker and Allen Hurns (and other lesser names) on my bench.

Last year:

Hurns: 226.1 last year
Parker: not a big enough sample size
Landry: 275.36

Stafford: 291.78
Rodgers: 302.24

Looking at those numbers, I'm surprised how close Rodgers and Stafford were last year.

Projections from Yahoo (which usually suck):

Hurns: 172.78
Parker: 187.98
Landry: 257.2

Stafford: 280.81
Rodgers: 305.31

The thing holding me from pulling the trigger is that it is a full PPR league, and Landry is money in those. I could use an upgrade over Stafford though since he is so inconsistent, and he lost Megatron like you said. I also have the WR depth to do it. But giving up Landry may be too rich for me.

Any other opinions are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad