2016 Fantasy Football Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
I need keeper help. I know many are down on RB's and people love WRs.

I have a tough choice in regards to my keeper.

I drafted Odell Beckham last year in the first round, i picked up David Johnson off the waiver wire.

If I was to use Johnson as my keeper, he would cost me a 10th round pick. If I chose beckham he would cost me a first rounder, I've seen beckham going as high as #3 overall

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I drafted Odell Beckham last year in the first round, i picked up David Johnson off the waiver wire.

If I was to use Johnson as my keeper, he would cost me a 10th round pick. If I chose beckham he would cost me a first rounder, I've seen beckham going as high as #3 overall

Johnson is going as high as #4 overall. I'd keep him for a 10th rounder over Beckham for a first.

katatoniak

Feb 5, 2009
Jonquiere, Qc
I have 3 keepers to choose from last year

standard scoring

I'll keep Gronk and Odell for sure

I'm not sure about the last one. My remaining players are :
Carson Palmer - No
Sammy Watkins - Always injured
Michael Floyd - No
Desean Jackson - No
Doug Martin - Maybe
Latavius Murray - Maybe ?
Tim Hightower - No
Tyrod Taylor - No
Donte Moncrief - No
Jamaal Charles - Maybe

So it's between 3 RB ... I have a feeling Andy Reid will try to keep Charles fresh by using West a lot more this year.

So ... what you guys think ?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

standard scoring

Carson Palmer - No
Michael Floyd - No
Desean Jackson - No
Doug Martin - Maybe
Tim Hightower - No
Tyrod Taylor - No
Donte Moncrief - No
Jamaal Charles - Maybe

So it's between 3 RB ... I have a feeling Andy Reid will try to keep Charles fresh by using West a lot more this year.

I'd go with Charles. No points per reception hurts his value a lot, but he's still the best option on this list.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

standard scoring

Carson Palmer - No
Michael Floyd - No
Desean Jackson - No
Doug Martin - Maybe
Tim Hightower - No
Tyrod Taylor - No
Donte Moncrief - No
Jamaal Charles - Maybe

I would keep Sammy Watkins.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

What pick overall would your 1st rounder be?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
You guys are not concerned about all those injuries ? Yes he's Young and a great wide receiver when he's healthy but it seem he cant catch a break.

Of course concerned about injuries, but all of the other options have concerns as well. Having Beckham, Watkins, and Gronk allows you to go into the draft with those positions pretty much locked up and you can go heavy on RBs in the early rounds.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle

standard scoring

Carson Palmer - No
Michael Floyd - No
Desean Jackson - No
Doug Martin - Maybe
Tim Hightower - No
Tyrod Taylor - No
Donte Moncrief - No
Jamaal Charles - Maybe

I like Watkins

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Thanks! Found out if be drafting 2nd. So I can get beckham at 2. But the new question is this is PPR league. Would you take Julio Jones or Beckham? The experts are all over the place

Beckham. But if you're drafting 2nd he will likely go 1st and Julio's a fine consolation prize.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007

Absolute no-brainer. Johnson and ODB are within a few picks of each other ADP wise, and you're getting Johnson TEN rounds later. DEFINITELY keep him.

Carson Palmer - No
Michael Floyd - No
Desean Jackson - No
Doug Martin - Maybe
Tim Hightower - No
Tyrod Taylor - No
Donte Moncrief - No
Jamaal Charles - Maybe
I absolutely love Watkins, but as mentioned, he is injury prone. Not to mention you already have a stud WR. I'm a value guy, and the highest ADP of your potential keepers is Charles, so I'd go with him.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Is taking Josh Doctson 5th overall in a rookie/free agent draft a bad move? I did that, and I'm not wild about my decision just because he'll already be 24 in December.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Is taking Josh Doctson 5th overall in a rookie/free agent draft a bad move? I did that, and I'm not wild about my decision just because he'll already be 24 in December.

Elliott, Treadwell, Coleman, and Shepard go top four? If so, then Doctson is the pick.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

standard scoring

Carson Palmer - No
Michael Floyd - No
Desean Jackson - No
Doug Martin - Maybe
Tim Hightower - No
Tyrod Taylor - No
Donte Moncrief - No
Jamaal Charles - Maybe

you are keeping two very strong players at WR and TE. Sammy and Jamaal are quite the frequent injury bugs.
Out of your list I would honestly lean towards Latavius Murray if you want to keep a RB. He has had a very good season last year with over 1k rushing and 200yrds receiving. Not MVP stats by any means but the main thing is that he started 16 games. With Carr improving, Cooper's outstanding rookie year, Crabtree's resurgence and Walford coming along at TE , I could see a lot of room for Murray to run this season. Jmo on your decision if you want to keep a RB.

Sammy if you want to keep a WR.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Elliott, Treadwell, Coleman, and Shepard go top four? If so, then Doctson is the pick.

I'm not high in Treadwell in year 1.

Run first offense. Diggs is clearly Bridgewater's go to go guy and there's been some offseason hype for Charles Johnson and Cordarrelle Patterson again. So he might be eased in and not start right away.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm not high in Treadwell in year 1.

Run first offense. Diggs is clearly Bridgewater's go to go guy and there's been some offseason hype for Charles Johnson and Cordarrelle Patterson again. So he might be eased in and not start right away.

I agree, but in any rookie dynasty draft Treadwell is a top five pick. Not touching him in redraft leagues.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
I'm in a Keeper league can keep up to 5 with 1 keeper slotting in at the 5th rnd 2 in the 4th & 5th so on and so forth.

Here is my roster with my keepers in bold.

Pierre Garcon WR Was
James Starks RB GB
Demaryius Thomas WR Den
Alex Smith QB KC
Alfred Morris RB Dal
Terrance Williams WR Dal
Gio Bernard RB Cin
Jordan Reed TE Was
DeAndre Hopkins WR Hou
Blake Bortles QB Jax
Martavius Bryant WR Pit
Isaiah Crowell RB CLE
Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE TB

so with me keeping only 3 I will have a 1st and 2nd rnd pick with no 3 4 or 5

This is only the 3rd season of the league which is PPR. Last season I kept Bryant Hopkins and Thomas. Came in second both yrs with the draft strategy of BPA regardless of need and ended up stacked at WR and weak on RB. Done me well but I want the title. Im hoping with WR and TE locked in I can draft RB in the 1st 2 rounds and get over the hump. Any suggestions? Is my draft strategy good enough?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I've got to keep 3 out of: AJ Green, Luck, Edelman, Foster, Rawls, Graham. Single point ppr. Pretty sure I'm keeping AJ and Edelman. The temptation of Rawls and his role in that offense intrigues me. Luck is Luck though.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm in a Keeper league can keep up to 5 with 1 keeper slotting in at the 5th rnd 2 in the 4th & 5th so on and so forth.

Pierre Garcon WR Was
James Starks RB GB
Demaryius Thomas WR Den
Alex Smith QB KC
Alfred Morris RB Dal
Terrance Williams WR Dal
Gio Bernard RB Cin
Jordan Reed TE Was
DeAndre Hopkins WR Hou
Blake Bortles QB Jax
Martavius Bryant WR Pit
Isaiah Crowell RB CLE

This is only the 3rd season of the league which is PPR. Last season I kept Bryant Hopkins and Thomas. Came in second both yrs with the draft strategy of BPA regardless of need and ended up stacked at WR and weak on RB. Done me well but I want the title. Im hoping with WR and TE locked in I can draft RB in the 1st 2 rounds and get over the hump. Any suggestions? Is my draft strategy good enough?

Looks pretty simple, I think you've picked the right guys. How good are the leftover players in the draft under this format? Will you get someone better than Gio Bernard in the 2nd round? That would be the only questionable one to me, as he'll be good again in a PPR league and if there top 30+ guys are kept he might end up being better than whose left in the second round.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I've got to keep 3 out of: AJ Green, Luck, Edelman, Foster, Rawls, Graham. Single point ppr. Pretty sure I'm keeping AJ and Edelman. The temptation of Rawls and his role in that offense intrigues me. Luck is Luck though.

How many teams in the league, and how easy is it to get QBs? It's either Rawls or Luck, based on that.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Pierre Garcon WR Was
James Starks RB GB
Demaryius Thomas WR Den
Alex Smith QB KC
Alfred Morris RB Dal
Terrance Williams WR Dal
Gio Bernard RB Cin
Jordan Reed TE Was
DeAndre Hopkins WR Hou
Blake Bortles QB Jax
Martavius Bryant WR Pit
Isaiah Crowell RB CLE

Sounds good.

I'm not sure about Rawls. I'd keep Luck ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad