2016 Draft Thread VII (Day 2, Saturday)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
His contract played a hand in it. More & more now a days teams are taking their top guys away from the pro leagues overseas to play here whether be in the AHL or CHL.

With no transfer agreement in place between the NHL & KHL things are harder to work around with contracts compared to other leagues. You also have a situation like Kuznetsov who signed on an additional contract & played there longer than expected. So Washington didn't get him over until he was like 22.

Kuznetsov was well worth the wait. If Rubstov can become that good he can stay there awhile longer...lol.

It is amazing how many articles we are able to find saying what a great draft Philly had. And also how different articles praise different guys that we grabbed.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Kuznetsov was well worth the wait. If Rubstov can become that good he can stay there awhile longer...lol.

It is amazing how many articles we are able to find saying what a great draft Philly had. And also how different articles praise different guys that we grabbed.

I think we are about to witness something special if everyone is patient. Hextall's last 3 drafts look pretty special so far. I don't think it would be crazy to see 3-4 NHLers from each year. Obviously it is way too early since not one has made it. But if they translate, you are looking at the beginning of a consistent contender being built.

And the Flyers have 9 more picks next year so far.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
at work yesterday and guys were asking how i liked the flyers picks...i said i was happy, especially with rubstov and allison but wasnt sure about a couple of the later picks. everybody there stated that from what they were hearing philly had the highest rated draft. couple guys wanted to know what it would take to get hextall...:laugh:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
at work yesterday and guys were asking how i liked the flyers picks...i said i was happy, especially with rubstov and allison but wasnt sure about a couple of the later picks. everybody there stated that from what they were hearing philly had the highest rated draft. couple guys wanted to know what it would take to get hextall...:laugh:

Living in Czech Republic I can only dream about situation like this. :laugh: I mean, yeah, friends will ask me 'So what's the deal with the Flyers, how are they gonna do next season?' but that's where it ends. :laugh:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
I don't know where to post it so I will do it here.

USA released roster for Ivan Hlinka Tournament...

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show/2657640-2016-u-s-under-18-select-team-roster

Cayden Primeau (G), is on the team, son of Keith Primeau! Prospect eligible for 2017 draft, he's among the best goalie prospects for 2017 draft, looks like another goalie to add into our pool. :sarcasm: And Flyers connection too! :laugh:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=256228

Sure, why not. :)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Living in Czech Republic I can only dream about situation like this. :laugh: I mean, yeah, friends will ask me 'So what's the deal with the Flyers, how are they gonna do next season?' but that's where it ends. :laugh:

You should try living in Thailand :laugh:

Me: "I really love snow."
Literally everyone else: "I have never seen snow. What is it like?"

Friulian Flyers

Apr 9, 2007
Maniago, Italy

I completely understand this! Living in Italy, I have not ONE person to talk hockey with face to face....and it's been that way for almost 4 years now. And when i tell the Italians I lived in Montana and that we would get 45-60 cm of snow during a light snowstorm, and seeing temperatures of -40C with winds between 60-100 KPH....they just can't fathom it.

Now don't get me started on the difficulty of trying to find a great IPA and a decent plate of hot wings:cry::pullhair::doh:

Mjoedgaard

Jul 4, 2013

I live in Denmark where people only know Hockey exists once a year at the World Cup and then forget it the next day

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic

Damn, are you really from Thailand or have you moved there? It's pretty wild country, isn't it?

I completely understand this! Living in Italy, I have not ONE person to talk hockey with face to face....and it's been that way for almost 4 years now. And when i tell the Italians I lived in Montana and that we would get 45-60 cm of snow during a light snowstorm, and seeing temperatures of -40C with winds between 60-100 KPH....they just can't fathom it.

Now don't get me started on the difficulty of trying to find a great IPA and a decent plate of hot wings:cry::pullhair::doh:

Oh, that's tough yeah, luckily it is not that bad here in Czech Republic. :laugh: Great to see Flyers fans from all over the world! :handclap: :cheers:

I live in Denmark where people only know Hockey exists once a year at the World Cup and then forget it the next day

Too bad! But I wonder what's the reason? You guys got pretty good conditions for hockey, and now you have probably the best generation of players. Is it at least better than in the past? Would be awesome to see you on the Olympics.

Mjoedgaard

Jul 4, 2013
Too bad! But I wonder what's the reason? You guys got pretty good conditions for hockey, and now you have probably the best generation of players. Is it at least better than in the past? Would be awesome to see you on the Olympics.

For some reason is hockey not as big here and in Norway despite it been super big in Sweden and Finland

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Damn, are you really from Thailand or have you moved there? It's pretty wild country, isn't it?

I'm from St. Louis - I just came here for work :) It's like anyplace, really - it is what you make of it. It can be wild if you want it to be - God knows, there are enough places and enough ways for you to get wild if you want to :laugh: I'm too lazy to chase that stuff and party anymore - I figure there isn't much that I haven't already seen 1000 times before, so for me it is a relaxed place that is too ****ing hot by about 30 degrees every day. The girls, though, that's a different story - I'm happy to chase them :laugh: They are also very hot.

I have always been isolated in my love for the Flyers. In St. Louis, I had a group of friends who loved hockey and hated the Blues (like me), but most of them were Habs fans. One of them has been featured in the Montreal papers before, although it was quite a while ago - he has a fu manchu beard and he always wears Habs sweaters - he drives or flies up there several times a year to watch the Canadiens
and a journalist noticed him one time and did a story about him. He and I and a Stars fan drove up from St. Louis to Toronto the last year Maple Leaf Garden was open (1994 I think) and we saw a preseason game there. We slept in the van outside the Skydome under an enormous billboard of Joe Carter's home run.

Friulian Flyers

Apr 9, 2007
Maniago, Italy
Oh, that's tough yeah, luckily it is not that bad here in Czech Republic. :laugh: Great to see Flyers fans from all over the world! :handclap: :cheers:.

Lucky for you perhaps:laugh: Though I always enjoy finding a bottle of Bernard :D

I'm from St. Louis - I just came here for work :) It's like anyplace, really - it is what you make of it. It can be wild if you want it to be - God knows, there are enough places and enough ways for you to get wild if you want to :laugh: I'm too lazy to chase that stuff and party anymore - I figure there isn't much that I haven't already seen 1000 times before, so for me it is a relaxed place that is too ****ing hot by about 30 degrees every day. The girls, though, that's a different story - I'm happy to chase them :laugh: They are also very hot.

I have always been isolated in my love for the Flyers. In St. Louis, I had a group of friends who loved hockey and hated the Blues (like me), but most of them were Habs fans. One of them has been featured in the Montreal papers before, although it was quite a while ago - he has a fu manchu beard and he always wears Habs sweaters - he drives or flies up there several times a year to watch the Canadiens
and a journalist noticed him one time and did a story about him. He and I and a Stars fan drove up from St. Louis to Toronto the last year Maple Leaf Garden was open (1994 I think) and we saw a preseason game there. We slept in the van outside the Skydome under an enormous billboard of Joe Carter's home run.

Me too. Life has taken me from NY to Montana to Italia....all I seem to find are football and Pens fans :cry: I've lurked on here for years; really like reading the banter and stats, and it's the closest I get to any kind of hockey interaction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad