2016 Draft Thread IV (June 24-25)

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Been keeping up but still haven't posted (Comfest always coincides with the draft!).

I've stated before that I trust Jarmo with his drafting, and I truly do, but I'm really not sold on Dubois. Same feeling I had with Johansen, so I could absolutely be wrong, but there's no denying the feeling of missing out on a franchise player in Puljujarvi.

Taking Dubois at 4 or 5? Sure, but I'd rank him even lower than that. I'm no expert though, I've had to dial back how much I can pay attention to this stuff over the years. Still, I can't deny the fact that I feel remorse with this pick. Jarmo better be right about this.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
We have been in the playoffs 2 of the past 8 seasons. How many times have Edmonton been in the playoffs during that timeframe?

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Relatively happy with the Draft thus far. Never really liked Puljujarvi (he has real trouble with elevating the puck) and I think PLD is going to be in the top tier of the draft. Abramov reminds me of the Bjorkstrand pick so if we get anything close to that development he is gonna be the steal of the draft.

Last edited:

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
Relatively happy with the Draft thus far. Never really liked Puljujarvi (he has real trouble with elevating the puck) and I think PLD is going to be in the top tier of the draft. Abramowitz reminds me of the Bjorkstrand pick so if we get anything close to that development he is gonna be the steal of the draft.

Abramov has all his teeth too!

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014

Around 2:48 - the original subtitles are far more diplomatic - using paita (jersey) instead of paikka (place, environment) if I hear it right? Someone else on Finnish forums also it heard it that way.

////

Puljujärvi?:

(Weel...) This is better place than Columbus.

God damnit this clownery." - or clown show.

//// 'this is amazing' as it was put on the video...

:laugh:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
for the US junior guys, college commitments are Peeke to Notre Dame and Thome to North Dakota, IIRC.

Dubois only Columbus possibility for 2016-17 and no one coming straight to Cleveland

Do I have the situation straight?

Howsons Heroes

Mar 3, 2015
Glad we got a goalie in the later rounds. Dunno how to feel about Thurkauf, but we got a 1C of the future + puck moving D + highly skilled winger + project goalie. Solid draft.

You're quite the optimist, aren't you? Why are you so sure he's the 1C of the future? Did 3 months of playing center in the Q really sell you that hard, or are you drinking Jarmo's kool-aid like everyone else on this board?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
for the US junior guys, college commitments are Peeke to Notre Dame and Thome to North Dakota, IIRC.

Dubois only Columbus possibility for 2016-17 and no one coming straight to Cleveland

Do I have the situation straight?

I believe you do.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
You're quite the optimist, aren't you? Why are you so sure he's the 1C of the future? Did 3 months of playing center in the Q really sell you that hard, or are you drinking Jarmo's kool-aid like everyone else on this board?

You might not be reading closely enough if you came to this conclusion.

Howsons Heroes

Mar 3, 2015
You might not be reading closely enough if you came to this conclusion.

Did you read the thread on PLD? CBJWennberg was the only person still arguing against it and everyone was all over him. Also, let's total up how many posts have mentioned him as the 1C of the future. Which makes sense, you know, cause of his vast experience at C

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Did you read the thread on PLD? CBJWennberg was the only person still arguing against it and everyone was all over him. Also, let's total up how many posts have mentioned him as the 1C of the future. Which makes sense, you know, cause of his vast experience at C

I mean, I posted three days ago on the mains that I thought PLD was going to be the biggest bust in the draft.

I'm avoiding that thread for my own mental health. I'm all in on firing JK, as my curmudgeonly posts the last 24 hours attest.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
apparently Dubois (obviously), Peeke, and Abramov were all ranked in the top 30 on CBJ's master list of prospects

That's a hell of a haul for the scouting department.

I wander how many pissed off CBJ fans are also STHs. I thought I'd be a lot more upset than i am that we didn't take Puljujärvi. Center or not if they think this kid is a real player than ive got faith that its the right call, even if it's not the one i would have made.

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?

Around 2:48 - the original subtitles are far more diplomatic - using paita (jersey) instead of paikka (place, environment) if I hear it right? Someone else on Finnish forums also it heard it that way.

////

Puljujärvi?:

(Weel...) This is better place than Columbus.

God damnit this clownery." - or clown show.

//// 'this is amazing' as it was put on the video...

:laugh:

Do you have link to finns forum?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad