2016 Draft Thread IV (June 24-25)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Getting a bad feeling in my gut...

Please just stay the course and take Puljujarvi.. not one of the rumored deals has been good enough in my mind to move down.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I hope Jarmo moves down and does his best principal from Back to the Future impression and calls us all slackers

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Puljujärvi hardly speaks English and didn't exactly master the SM-liiga season in a way you could say he is a surefire impact player waiting to be unleashed at the NHL level.

Pulju spoke elementary English in the spring (During the WJC, link to an interview where he starts speaking English than struggles a little being able to respond so uses a translator. This was before he started taking more English lessons. In April, he gave his first English interview to practice. Still struggling but he's showing improvement). So with further English lessons it's not an issue. 2-months of language learning is enough to make someone with limited skills conversational in English. After training camp, he'll be fine.

Not sure if speaking English really matters. There's been quite a few Russian players who haven't spoken English. The Swedes just have everyone spoiled since they are such well spoken in English.

But there's no way that Logan Brown plays in the NHL next season and a very good chance than Pulju does. That automatically puts Brown behind in the points column.

Brown's foot speed looked better at the U18 tournament and his first steps looked less awkward, so he's making improvements in his skating, but he's no where near where he needs to be in terms of skating to play in the NHL. The same cannot be said about Pulju.

Last edited:

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
I'd be devastated if they trade Korpi. Jarmo loves to tinker; just pick Pujalveri and be done with it.

Last edited:

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
So much talk on the NBC broadcast about the CBJ trading down. I really hope we don't dump the #3 just to free up some salary, but I think something like that is about to happen.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if Milano was traded. I expected Rychel to be traded before him, but we don't have room for all of our young forwards and you want to get value for them when you can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad