2016 Draft Thread III – Host: Buffalo – Pick: 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Sure, you can argue that when we're talking about Logan Brown/Ryan Keller and Jake Bean.

But we got several posters having Chychrun ahead of Laine. And even more posters taking him before Puljujärvi. And if some of those posters make that choice based on BPA, I'm even more concerned.

You even find a comment saying that taking Pulju ahead of Chychrun would be like Edmonton taking Yakupov.

I'm honestly surprised that so many posters are so eager to drink certain kool-aid here.

The Laine/Chychrun may be the 6-8 example where you are jumping tiers. I don't believe anyone is in favor of that now, at least that I've seen. If memory serves, those comments were made prior to Laine's playoff run. However, when you look at the options at #8, I'd submit it starts to look more and more like the 8.1/8.3 I mentioned. Where this argument comes to a head is whether you believe a Nylander is a superior prospect overall and as a fit for the organization than a Juolevi/Chychrun/Sergachev.

I believe this will be moot in the end, with the top 6 forwards having been taken before we pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad