Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
DA's April mock from a few days ago -

...Buffalo Sabres 8. C/LW Pierre-Luc Dubois (Cape Breton, QMJHL)
62 gp 42g 57a 99p | Shoots Left | 6/24/98 | 6’2, 201

A linebacker on skates with a quarterback’s brain, Dubois is a real leader who displays creativity and fury in one complete package. He skates well and can be a punishing hitter, but he screams top-line upside, and can do it from either the pivot or the flank.

Montreal Canadiens 9. LHD Mikhail Sergachev (Windsor, OHL)
67 gp 17g 40a 57p | Shoots Left | 6/25/98 | 6’2, 208

Windsor’s Russian tank with a high-velocity cannon of a shot who rivaled Chychrun in terms of overall importance to his team’s success. Sergachev played a ton for the Spits, displaying keen awareness and using strong mobility to create chances from the back end.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The more I watch/read up on him, the more I think he's my top choice forward after the obvious big 3. Probably slots him around #6 on my board. That said, can't really see anyway we get him. He's not dropping to 8, nor is he going in the lottery.

Dubois is a very entertaining player who could plug effectively into just about any place in the Sabres top 9 going forward. His ability to play in traffic and to lean on people is exactly the sort of "heavy" game Murray initially talked about. I'm curious to see how he tests out at the combine -- if he's that sort of natural athlete they also like.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Hoping for Chychrun, Juolevi, or Dubois. I'll be very happy with either at 8.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Edmonton, Arizona and Winnipeg are all in front of us and all should take defencemen based on need but depending on the lottery some might be in a position where a forward is too good to pass up at their spot.

If Dubois is there at 8 that is very tough to pass up. I just think someone will have him higher than Nylander and he wil go in the 5-7 range.

And how is Fabbro not in the top 15 yet alone the 1st round of that mock?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Edmonton, Arizona and Winnipeg are all in front of us and all should take defencemen based on need but depending on the lottery some might be in a position where a forward is too good to pass up at their spot.

If Dubois is there at 8 that is very tough to pass up. I just think someone will have him higher than Nylander and he wil go in the 5-7 range.

I'm sure someone has Dubois in that range and it would be a shock if he's there when the Sabres pick. As for Fabbro, this tournament is going to put him in good stead with scouts viewing him, give him some late-season bounce.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

Fabbro gets downplayed because of the level of competition, but he'll definitely go in the first round, probably 15-18 so I think its just an oversight.

Dubois' positioning depends on whether there's a run on defensemen, such as Calgary selecting Bean which could push him down. I think he's a much better player than Nylander, though Nylander will most likely outscore him for their career.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
if we're at 8 and Juolevi's off the board, Im hoping for Nylander. Just another piece to spice up the BUF/TOR rivalry!

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I know it's unfair and bias but anytime I see "QMJHL" next to a player it makes me nervous. Not sure if there's any statistical proof about quality of players or more likely to succeed in the NHL but that nametag immediately makes me think that the player is more of a risk or likelier to be a bust.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know it's unfair and bias but anytime I see "QMJHL" next to a player it makes me nervous. Not sure if there's any statistical proof about quality of players or more likely to succeed in the NHL but that nametag immediately makes me think that the player is more of a risk or likelier to be a bust.

Outside of an unforeseen injury, Dubois is not going to bust. He's so much a pro-style NHL forward.

displacedsabre

Feb 14, 2016
I really hope we draft at 8. If I thought murray would take serg at nine I wouldn't care. But if we draft 9 those player discriptions for keller ,mccloud, bean etc don get me excited. Please lotto don't screw us here. No more dropping spots.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

I feel *exactly* the same way. I automatically downgrade any QMJHL prospect, significantly. I wouldn't say I necessarily DND them, but it's close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad