2016 Draft Thread – Host: Buffalo – Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
How about Markus Niemeläinen? From what I hear he is another very promising (and big) Finnish defenseman. If we don't take a shot at Juolevi in the first round, I think I'd want me some Niemeläinen in the second. If he lasts that far.

If I were Tim Murray i would take Puljujärvi in 3rd overall.
And Niemeläinen somewhere range 20-25.

Reinhart Eichel Puljujärvi.
Niemeläinen Ristolainen

Would be a truly nightmare for opponents defense.
But that's only my opinion.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
If I were Tim Murray i would take Puljujärvi in 3rd overall.
And Niemeläinen somewhere range 20-25.

Reinhart Eichel Puljujärvi.
Niemeläinen Ristolainen

Would be a truly nightmare for opponents defense.
But that's only my opinion.

and their announcers

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
I've said it before that Niemelainen is the guy I'm hoping most will fall to us at ~32OA. Wouldn't feel bad trading up into the 20s to get him either. Adding him along with any of the top-5 forwards would be a dream.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I've said it before that Niemelainen is the guy I'm hoping most will fall to us at ~32OA. Wouldn't feel bad trading up into the 20s to get him either. Adding him along with any of the top-5 forwards would be a dream.

If we can grab an extra 2nd at the TDL, I think trading up into the 20s to grab him makes sense.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I find the top of this draft to be incredibly overrated.
Coming from someone who says every young prospect/player is going to be a star that's laughable. Especially when you've been pretty positive about the top 3 in this draft. If you want to say "a few of the players at the top are overrated" then fine but your posts up until now haven't reflected that.

Tkachuk is overrated though. Very, very overrated. It's kind of hilarious how overrated Lawson Crouse was perceived last year and how little talk there is about Tkachuk being the same. A lot of that has to do with people saying Crouse would end up a Maple Leaf but still... Tkachuk's numbers away from London's top players were down right putrid when I last looked. They were 3rd/4th round caliber.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Coming from someone who says every young prospect/player is going to be a star that's laughable. Especially when you've been pretty positive about the top 3 in this draft. If you want to say "a few of the players at the top are overrated" then fine but your posts up until now haven't reflected that.

Tkachuk is overrated though. Very, very overrated. It's kind of hilarious how overrated Lawson Crouse was perceived last year and how little talk there is about Tkachuk being the same. A lot of that has to do with people saying Crouse would end up a Maple Leaf but still... Tkachuk's numbers away from London's top players were down right putrid when I last looked. They were 3rd/4th round caliber.

I thought Crouse was VERY overrated last year. And MDC before him.
I think Tkachuk is FAIRLY overrated this year

:dunno:

If we are drafting 6th... i REALLY hope Tkachuk goes in the top 5.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010

If we are outside of the top-3, I strongly consider dealing the pick. If you can get Risto's partner with that pick, that's the goal anyways if you're not getting Matthews/Puljujarvi/Laine.

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
We need to get Kyle Claque with our second rounder. The Wheat Kings are going on a run and I think they will win the WHL title. I thought we would be taking him at 10th overall this year so to get a forward and him would be awesome.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
We need to get Kyle Claque with our second rounder. The Wheat Kings are going on a run and I think they will win the WHL title. I thought we would be taking him at 10th overall this year so to get a forward and him would be awesome.

Kale Clague

A guy I've liked a lot this year. I think he's a first rounder

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

Kind of what I mean.

It was universally laughed at when Crouse had top 5 rankings. But it's almost universally accepted when Tkachuk is listed at 4. Tkachuk has more production but actually generates less himself than Crouse did. Tkachuk to me is a glorified Brendan Lemieux. The definition of a complementary player. Drafting a guy who is a complementary player even at the CHL level in the top 5 or even top 10 is bad asset management.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Kris Baker absolutely LOVES Tkachuk fwiw. He gushes about him on twitter regularly.

I haven't been focusing on him this year so I'm interested in seeing people's take on him.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013

I couldn't believe they were billing Crouse as a top 5 pick last year. And after WJC this year I had my doubts about Tkachuk. i don't think Murray would take Tkachuck unless we pick 10-12 and he's there.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They turned on Tkachuk like he's a highly touted American prospect in the NHL draf...oh I solved it.

Last year Matthews was better than Eichel and predictably this year Laine is sold as on par or better than Matthews out,of nowhere...the beat goes on.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
They turned on Tkachuk like he's a highly touted American prospect in the NHL draf...oh I solved it.

Last year Matthews was better than Eichel and predictably this year Laine is sold as on par or better than Matthews out,of nowhere...the beat goes on.

So, if we read into that then Laine is better than Eichel...

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Kris Baker absolutely LOVES Tkachuk fwiw. He gushes about him on twitter regularly.

I haven't been focusing on him this year so I'm interested in seeing people's take on him.

That guy has been wrong a few times in the past. He does a great job though!

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

I love the top 2, and really like the top 3. It's after that where I don't love this draft, I'd be pretty nervous picking a few of the guys ranked in that 4-10 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad