2016 Draft Thread – Host: Buffalo – Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Dat new lottery system... Suffering might not even be necessary!

This is bound to come up quite a bit so here's the lottery odds table, in case it should be in the OP:

(click for full resolution. idk how to make it look better scaled down)

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
This is bound to come up quite a bit so here's the lottery odds table, in case it should be in the OP:

(click for full resolution. idk how to make it look better scaled down)

God I'm so glad we squeezed our tank in... imagine finishing dead last, and only having a 50/50 shot at a top 3 pick?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Why do you think Murray threw such an epic fit when they suggested applying it to the 2015 Draft?? :laugh:

Epic fit?

I never heard it was an epic fit.

I thought I read he voted against it changing for the 2015 draft. But no epic fit was involved. Maybe I missed it.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Pronoman sure isn't afraid to give his own opinion...

To me, Fabbro at 4 and Asplund at 7 seem ridiculous.

Also, Jones and Brown should be top-10 guys.

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
I would not be opposed to drafting one of Sokolov, Benson or Laine with our first pick

Laine on Eichel's wing would be scary

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I would not be opposed to drafting one of Sokolov, Benson or Laine with our first pick

Laine on Eichel's wing would be scary

Im opposed to drafting almost any forward with our first pick.

Holy **** Sean Day is a 247lb 17 year old!? and he can skate!? That's a prime physical specimen right there. Juolevi, 6'2 defender playing with London appeals to me.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl-draft/insider/post?id=814

Pronman's first ranking:

1.) Matthews
2.) Puljujarvi
3.) Chychrun
4.) Fabbro
5.) Krys
6.) Tkachuk
7.) Asplund
8.) Sokolov
9.) Benson
10.) Laine

Sokolov seems pretty low. He's top 5 for me as well as a legit challenger. I think Laine will move back up in the rankings over the course of the season. With his injury behind him he's moving a lot better on the ice.

Interesting, no Sean Day in the top 10.
Not surprising. He's the first "exceptional status" player to not live up to the hype at this point of his career. He likely wouldn't have been granted that status if not for political reasons. He's not in a lot of top 10's at this point, but there's a season left to play.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Also I have a feeling we're going to end up with Day. I don't know why, call it a gut feeling, but I think it's gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad