Speculation: 2016-2017 Season Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Lindberg seems to have struggled to return to form after injury. So he's a bit of a gamble. One I'd be happy to take. Still better odds of converting than a super late NY 1st.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Rangers lose Zibanejad (a top producer) long/term to a broken leg. They're a first place team that want to stay there. Nice opportunity for a Hanzal deal I would think. Maybe we can get Lindberg back. Maybe Jesper Fast? Picks?

Rangers claimed Puempel. This is their C replacement as per Larry Brooks.

As for us, there's this great veteran center in Anaheim who leads the league with a 67% faceoff win percentage.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
We might have too good a shot to get the top pick if we trade Hanzal and Stone. Better hold on to them and secure the #3 overall.

Figures the year there's no McDavid, Matthews, or Eichel to be had, we are most likely to pick first.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We already got hooked on Tippett protégés Smith and Ribiero. Hopefully LeBlanc wasn't talking about Boedker when he mentioned there was money available to keep players but Maloney wouldn't spend it.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If Hanzal / Habs trade discussion holds any merit you would have to think that Will Bitten and/or Victor Mete would be involved. Has also have a pile of 2nd rounders the next 2 drafts (5 second rounders)

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Lindberg seems to have struggled to return to form after injury. So he's a bit of a gamble. One I'd be happy to take. Still better odds of converting than a super late NY 1st.
Yeah I'd gladly take Lindberg back. I think he'll be a very good 3C. I'm also really interested in Buchnevich. Might be too valuable for the Rangers to part with though. Although he is dealing with some back issues right now.
If Hanzal / Habs trade discussion holds any merit you would have to think that Will Bitten and/or Victor Mete would be involved. Has also have a pile of 2nd rounders the next 2 drafts (5 second rounders)

Just looked them up, they look pretty good. I thought we wanted someone closer to being NHL ready though?

And I'm guessing that we would be getting DD from the Habs.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

We need a young center that can play now. McCarron? Some people consider him a C and a RW.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Why won't we resign Hanzal? We would have Hanzal, Strome, Dvorak and Dauphin down the middle, which I think will be very strong.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Term is a big issue with his injury history. As well, we'll need that money to re-sign the likes of Domi, OEL, etc.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Always injured. Wants big cash. Wrong side of 30. Declining play.

I don't think his play has declined. It just feels like he is injured more often, or that everyone just accepts he wont be playing more than 80% of a season. Still very valuable to a contender, not as much for a bottom dweller.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
We need a young center that can play now. McCarron? Some people consider him a C and a RW.

Could possibly get both. Habs window to win is right now before they pay Price 10+mil a year and have to sign Galchenyuk to big money. Hanzal would be good there. Also, realisticlly Hab fans way overrate McCarron, he's proved nothing as a pro thus far imo

I'm a big Mete fan. Small guy, but an incredible skater

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't think his play has declined. It just feels like he is injured more often, or that everyone just accepts he wont be playing more than 80% of a season. Still very valuable to a contender, not as much for a bottom dweller.

True. When healthy Hanzal is extremely effective. At his age though we should expect his play to start to decline.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Always injured. Wants big cash. Wrong side of 30. Declining play.
I think it's health only. Heck Hanzal for 60 games is still worth more than most centers for 80 but the Coyotes are not a team that can spend money that way. I can see other teams shelling it out though because when he's in the lineup he's extremely effective and he has the kind of game that translates to the playoffs very well. Hanzal is likely going to help put some cup contender over the top. Sucks for us but it is what it is.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Someone dig up what our record is with Hanzal out of the lineup. Big shoes to fill. I'd still try to resign him, but agree that someone is likely to give him big money and/or term. No reason for him to sign early. And in that light, I'd agree that a trade seems likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce