Speculation: 2016-2017 Season Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm curious how this all fits together. Was the intention to acquire all 3 of Shattenkirk, Goligoski, and DeAngelo? 2 of the 3? Was DeAngelo a "Plan B" to Shattenkirk?

If we can still add Shattenkirk...

OEL - Shattenkirk
Goligoski - DeAngelo
Chychrun - Murphy

That would be an amazing d core. The price for shatty would be pretty steep though right? Hanzal and stone maybe?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
And you get into expansion protection issues...would have to go 4 D and 4 forwards. Not sure Shattenkirk is the D pairing I would want for OEL anyway.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
And you get into expansion protection issues...would have to go 4 D and 4 forwards. Not sure Shattenkirk is the D pairing I would want for OEL anyway.

Also true. Maybe just make a run at him in free agency. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but with the emergence of Chychrun and Deangelo I'm not sure we need to go out and acquire another dman. I'm fine with a d core of:

OEL Murphy
Goose Deangelo
Chychrun Stone/Schenn

If we can get a decent deal on stone, great, Schenn and kconn are great depth. If not I think Schenn is a good 6th dman. He gets a lot of hate on here, and he's not amazing, but he's a 6th dman, cheap, physical, and not too bad with the puck. Good enough for what we're paying him. Even if we do get a good deal on Stone, I'm not sure signing him long term makes sense with murphy already signed long term, and Wood potentially on his way in a year or two. If Stone agrees to a shorter deal, like 1-3 years that would be ideal imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad