2016-2017 NHL Awards Voting Results

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
It's not like he blew Laine away... 5 more points in 9 more games, I can't blame anyone for voting Laine 1st if that's what they think. I'm actually surprised Matthews won by so much, even though he was my pick as well.

This... But yeah Matthews definitely deserved it over Laine, not so sure about Werenski though.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
There are a lot of stupid votes every year, so 3 votes for Laine is hardly anything to get upset over. Shea Weber got a 1st place Norris vote.

The worst vote that I`ve ever seen?

In 1985, Brian Sutter received a first-place Hart trophy vote over Wayne Gretzky, who scored 208 points. Sutter was a good two-way player of course, but he was only 3rd on his own team in scoring. Sutter only had one more point than Gretzky had goals, and Gretzky also set what was, at the time, the single-season record for assists. (Even more surprisingly, two voters didn`t vote for Gretzky at all that year).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The worst vote that I`ve ever seen?

In 1985, Brian Sutter received a first-place Hart trophy vote over Wayne Gretzky, who scored 208 points. Sutter was a good two-way player of course, but he was only 3rd on his own team in scoring. Sutter only had one more point than Gretzky had goals, and Gretzky also set what was, at the time, the single-season record for assists. (Even more surprisingly, two voters didn`t vote for Gretzky at all that year).

And yet us simpletons are told we should never question the genius of the people who pick these awards since apparently their hockey knowledge vastly surpasses our own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad