Injury Report: 2016-2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Awesome news about Chucky and Markov. Chucky looked good skating earlier in the month, nice to know he's close to returning.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hmmm...I know someone from another board, who claims to have inside knowledge of the Habs, said that Galchenyuk would be back sooner than the 6-8 weeks.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
So Gally is on the 4th week of his 6-8 week timeline. I'm assuming the 6-8 weeks are accelerated by the latest news. Safe to say it's closer to 5-6 weeks instead of 6-8 at this point?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So Gally is on the 4th week of his 6-8 week timeline. I'm assuming the 6-8 weeks are accelerated by the latest news. Safe to say it's closer to 5-6 weeks instead of 6-8 at this point?

The injury didn't appear very serious to me, so I'm not surprised he's back earlier than expected.

They gave a 6-8 week timeline probably knowing it would be quicker than that

Under-promise, Over-deliver :laugh:

David25

Nov 22, 2016
Great news guys. Chucky and Markov practicing with the team tomorrow in Toronto

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
This is really great news. We need them both pretty badly.

I don't think it was really a major injury. I think it was probably more precautionary than anything. I'm glad they gave him some rest to heal up 100% than make him play through it and risk suffering a major injury.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'm so happy Galchenyuk and Markov are back! Woo!!!

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I was just checking cap friendly and saw that DD was put on LTIR, but Chucky was not. I have to imagine they will be putting Gally on LTIR & maybe Shaw, if he's not skating yet.

According to Cap Friendly, our projected Cap Hit for the year is $65,736 above the $73m allowable, and we have $0 dollars available at the trade deadline, whereas before all these injuries we had something like $2m - $3m available at the deadline.

These injuries are harming us in more ways than one if we are unable to make moves because of them.

It also explains why no one has been called up yet. I wouldn't be surprised if no one is called up until after 5 pm tomorrow to save cap money.

We'll see what other roster moves MB makes.

I dont understand why wouldnt you put Chucky DD on the LTIR right away when you know theyre gonna be out for a while!?! Youre suppose to be gaining cap room when you have injuries not the other way around!!! But im sure they have a good reason to do things that way, they didnt just forget to put them on LTIR.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I dont understand why wouldnt you put Chucky DD on the LTIR right away when you know theyre gonna be out for a while!?! Youre suppose to be gaining cap room when you have injuries not the other way around!!! But im sure they have a good reason to do things that way, they didnt just forget to put them on LTIR.

When you put them on LTIR their salaries is off the cap retroactively to the date they were injured, no matter when you put them on LTIR.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'm guessing back to practice means within a week to playing a game? A lot of posters are phrasing it as Chucky being back as opposed to improving or returning soon. The only info I have is the official team twitter update so any clarification is appreciated.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

If they needed to, I'm sure they would have...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Would be interesting to see if Markov is put back on the 2nd pairing or if hes used on the 3rd pair since Beaulieu is playing so well.

Assuming we recall Scherbak or Ghetto, I would do these lines

Patch - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Danault - Scherbak/Ghetto
Carr - McCarron - Terry
Farnham - Plekanec - Mitchell

Emelin - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Markov - Redmond

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm guessing back to practice means within a week to playing a game? A lot of posters are phrasing it as Chucky being back as opposed to improving or returning soon. The only info I have is the official team twitter update so any clarification is appreciated.

You would think so...but I find it odd they're making them join the team in Toronto.

Why would they do that just to practice with the team, wouldn't a few more days off be more beneficial and just wait for the team to come back to Montreal Saturday night?

Maybe they don't practice before their next home game, which is Monday...

Either way, doubt we're going to see both tomorrow...but they're close.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Any team getting 2 of their top 5 players back will receive a boost! So glad to have them in the lineup again.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Would be interesting to see if Markov is put back on the 2nd pairing or if hes used on the 3rd pair since Beaulieu is playing so well.

Assuming we recall Scherbak or Ghetto, I would do these lines

Patch - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Danault - Scherbak/Ghetto
Carr - McCarron - Terry
Farnham - Plekanec - Mitchell

Emelin - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Markov - Redmond

With how well Big Mac has been playing and our sudden lack of depth at RW I might be tempted to try him at top 6 RW for a little while if Chucky is back.

Patch - Chucky - Rads
Lehk - Danault - McCaron
Carr - Plek - Flynn
Farnham - Mitchell - Terry

The bottom 6 wingers are just random TBH, I have no clue who will be with the big club by next game. If Scherbak gets the call-up I would have him with Carr and Plek and bump Flynn down to the fourth line. I'd much prefer he gets a shot rather than yet another round of Ghetto on the fourth line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad