Injury Report: 2016-2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Say both Gally and Byron are hurt, I'd call up Ghetto to give him offensive minutes.. he played well with Pacioretty before so hopefully he can step up if he's given the opportunity.

Carr has also been playing a lot better lately, put him with a guy like Radulov who is a hell of a passer and hope he can start finding the back of the net.

Pacioretty - Danault - Andrighetto
Carr - Mitchell - Radulov
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Flynn
De la Rose - McCarron - Farnham/Terry

Hope we can claim Nieto for our bottom six right now.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Say both Gally and Byron are hurt, I'd call up Ghetto to give him offensive minutes.. he played well with Pacioretty before so hopefully he can step up if he's given the opportunity.

Carr has also been playing a lot better lately, put him with a guy like Radulov who is a hell of a passer and hope he can start finding the back of the net.

Pacioretty - Danault - Andrighetto
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Flynn
De la Rose - McCarron - Farnham/Terry

Hope we can claim Nieto for our bottom six right now.

I'd want to let DLR play in the AHL. He's playing well recently and is contributing offensively, don't think he'll be doing this if he's in the NHL (unless MT gives him a lot of opportunity). Would like to see Scherbak for a while.

Pacioretty - Danault - Scherbak
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Terry - McCarron - Flynn
Farnham

neil2005

May 2, 2012
Kypreos just reported on HC @ noon that Gallagher is going for surgery on his hand again. Probably gone 4-6 weeks at least.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Sucks for Gallagher, but 4-6 weeks is not so bad. Want him back healthy and 110% for playoffs

Only positive of these injuries are that the players will be fresh for the playoffs
It's huge for Shaw and Gally who both play a demanding style (byron also to a lesser extent)
It's huge for Markov since he's old

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Sucks for Gallagher, but 4-6 weeks is not so bad. Want him back healthy and 110% for playoffs

In a weird way this forced vacation might do Gallagher some good. He'll have time to reboot whatever demons have crept into his game and come back physically rested and mentally fresh.

Between him, Markov, Shaw, Byron, Pateryn and Galchenyuk, the Habs should be the overall best-rested team in the playoffs.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
In a weird way this forced vacation might do Gallagher some good. He'll have time to reboot whatever demons have crept into his game and come back physically rested and mentally fresh.

Between him, Markov, Shaw, Byron, Pateryn and Galchenyuk, the Habs should be the overall best-rested team in the playoffs.

I was thinking the same. These injuries might be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully the team will be healthy and rested in time for the PO's.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

That is one sliver lining, if we can make it through these injuries we will have some key players more rested for the playoffs and the team will be used to playing with their backs against the wall. Getting hit with these injuries really makes having that hot start very useful, because of our start we have a 10 point cushion right now in the Atlantic which is good to have.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
More like 8 weeks I bet.
How long did he end up missing last time?

Gallagher was hurt on November 22nd 2015, and returned to action on January 1st 2016. He missed about 5 weeks last time, but it was well known that he rushed himself back in order to play in the Winter Classic. He was supposed to be sidelined until mid January, putting the original time line for his return at about 6-7 weeks.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
More like 8 weeks I bet.
How long did he end up missing last time?

I think timeline was 6-8 weeks, yep confirmed as atleast 6 weeks but he was back a bit early for the outdoor game vs bruins.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Yeah I don't get it in his case and never have...
But hey we got Farnham! :handclap:

I'm quite sure Hudon is injured right now and not playing.

Scherbak, DLR or Friberg (if he's healthy) would be my choices for a callup.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
With the way they've been handling call-ups these last couple of years, I expect them to recall one or two pending RFAs in order to see what they've got and decide if they should be re-signed. I also think they want to let Sherbak in the AHL for the whole season.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if they call Matteau or Friberg up.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
With the way they've been handling call-ups these last couple of years, I expect them to recall one or two pending RFAs in order to see what they've got and decide if they should be re-signed. I also think they want to let Sherbak in the AHL for the whole season.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if they call Matteau or Friberg up.

I'm a bit surprised Friberg hasn't gotten a chance on the Habs yet. Mind you I haven't seen him with the Ice Caps but I do remember him having good offensive upside when he was a young prospect.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I was just checking cap friendly and saw that DD was put on LTIR, but Chucky was not. I have to imagine they will be putting Gally on LTIR & maybe Shaw, if he's not skating yet.

According to Cap Friendly, our projected Cap Hit for the year is $65,736 above the $73m allowable, and we have $0 dollars available at the trade deadline, whereas before all these injuries we had something like $2m - $3m available at the deadline.

These injuries are harming us in more ways than one if we are unable to make moves because of them.

It also explains why no one has been called up yet. I wouldn't be surprised if no one is called up until after 5 pm tomorrow to save cap money.

We'll see what other roster moves MB makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad