[table="head;width=1000]Player|Injury|Length
Martin Reway|heart|season
Charles Hudon|foot?|4+ weeks[/table]

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The amazing injury luck we enjoyed last year is out the window. We're more than hooped.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
That should be the nail in the coffin on this year bergy?

If the play wasnt bad enough, no price and no petry .

Sell mode activate

dreamingofdrouin*

Does Petry's injury mean out for regular season or out for playoffs too if we make it?

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
If only we had a young 6'6" bottom pairing youngster to get some time in over the next few weeks with guys out. Jarred Tinor.. Oh wait. Bartley it is

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
If only we had a young 6'6" bottom pairing youngster to get some time in over the next few weeks with guys out. Jarred Tinor.. Oh wait. Bartley it is

Meh, I'd seen enough of Ryan O'Byrne 2.0.

I hope we give Morgan Ellis a call, and see what he has. At least that kid can move the puck in the AHL, something Tinordi struggled with even at that level.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Medically speaking, what's the difference between "unknown" and "no clue"? :sarcasm:

unknown means I know they are injured cause I saw it but it's not officially announced. no clue means I don't know what the heck happened. He was playing and seemed fine, don't recall him taking any big hits, but next game he wasn't in the lineup so he had to be injured and he's been out some time now. So I have no clue what the injury is.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Wow, when it rains it pours.

We're may to have to update the IR again shortly, as a some players seem to have lost their heart. Maybe a missing spine or two as well.

It's going to be a long month.

Last edited:

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Tough luck for Petry. But great, even more excuses for Mr. "No Excuses" and his Bargain bin buddy. Even though this team went into the gutter well before the injuries really set in. I'm fearing more and more Therrien comes back because it "wouldn't be fair" to fire a coach who had to deal with "all those injuries." I love how the more guys get hurt, the better we play. Could it be because players are hungrier to prove themselves now that they can't be buried in the minors, press box or AHL the way Therrien wants it? Man, he's just that stink that won't go away. Another year, another failure to develop our prospects and keep using a ridiculous grinding system. And more of it in 2016-17? Cause Price and everyone else will be healthy, I'm starting to think so :cry:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Apparently, Gilbert is out 6 months. That's a huge bad break for him. He'll be ready by September. May have to go to training camp on a PTO.

Shutting down Petry and getting him surgery is the smart thing to do. He's been struggling with that for awhile. May as well take care of it now and have him ready for next year.

They should put Gilbert, Petry, Flynn, Carr and Price on LTIR. Gives the Habs an opportunity to take on some contracts if need be.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Petry has been hurting with this since mid November

Might have been further to that brutal hit by Benn -- he completely annihilated Petry. Looked like he was never the same since.

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
Petry has been hurting with this since mid November

Might have been further to that brutal hit by Benn -- he completely annihilated Petry. Looked like he was never the same since.

I don't know if the Benn hit caused the injury or exacerbated an existing condition but it was all downhill from there...

his pain started in mid November (hard to push off on first step, hard to pivot, sharp pain on quick release pass with any torque...)

Benn never would have caught him square in the side wall like that if he had been healthy. They shut him down after the Benn hit for next two games prior to the Christmas break to take advantage of a 5 day period of rest and therapy. (He was not concussed). It did not respond. He played the Winter Classic in a lot of pain. He didn't have much on his shot on that first rush muffin. He soldiered on for the next month trying a lot of therapy but it kept getting worse. The other day he practiced with the team at the Bell Centre with the intention of traveling to Washington but his condition was worse so they decided to keep him home for continued therapy.

I've known this all along and LaRaque's hit piece article p****d me right off..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad