Injury Report: 2016-2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
With how well Big Mac has been playing and our sudden lack of depth at RW I might be tempted to try him at top 6 RW for a little while if Chucky is back.

Patch - Chucky - Rads
Lehk - Danault - McCaron
Carr - Plek - Flynn
Farnham - Mitchell - Terry

The bottom 6 wingers are just random TBH, I have no clue who will be with the big club by next game. If Scherbak gets the call-up I would have him with Carr and Plek and bump Flynn down to the fourth line. I'd much prefer he gets a shot rather than yet another round of Ghetto on the fourth line.

Scherbak gets called up

no reason to play scherbak anywhere else but top 6

for me its

Patches- Danault-Scherbak

LEhkonen-Chucky-Radulov

Ghetto-Plek-Flyn

Carr-Mac-Mitchel

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Do not want Patch with Chucky & Rad. He's been playing some of the best hockey of his career with Danualt over the last month plus. Those two need to be kept together now more than ever with how essential secondary scoring will be with our depleted lineup.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
If they needed to, I'm sure they would have...

I still dont understand why wouldnt you do so!? What are you gaining by not doing it!?! You either gain cap space if youre doing it or not?!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I've been in airports and in the air all day and just heard the news about Chucky and Markov!! Great to hear! I don't expect them in the lineup immediately, but knowing they'll be back soon is a huge relief!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I still dont understand why wouldnt you do so!? What are you gaining by not doing it!?! You either gain cap space if youre doing it or not?!

But what's the point of gaining the capspace and not doing anything with it?

I mean, if they had a trade in the works and needed the space to pull it off in the short term, they would of put him on LTIR....

But otherwise, there's no point

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
But what's the point of gaining the capspace and not doing anything with it?

I mean, if they had a trade in the works and needed the space to pull it off in the short term, they would of put him on LTIR....

But otherwise, there's no point

Well why wouldn't you do it if you can do it? You never know , maybe a trade opportunity appears later.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well why wouldn't you do it if you can do it? You never know , maybe a trade opportunity appears later.

But you can put a player on LTIR at ANY point and it's retroactive.

So if MB started working on a trade and it got to the point where it was time to pull the trigger, all he needs to do is put Galchenyuk on LTIR and then complete the trade.

It's transactional....its a minor detail

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lmao @ Markov, he probably just wanted to be in montreal to watch russia in the world juniors! soon as russia eliminated, Markovs like "ok fiiiiiine ill come back" lmao

Super duper news

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Do not want Patch with Chucky & Rad. He's been playing some of the best hockey of his career with Danualt over the last month plus. Those two need to be kept together now more than ever with how essential secondary scoring will be with our depleted lineup.

He's actually been playing his best hockey with Radulov.

yeah.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Happy to see both closing on a return. How long was Gally out last time?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Lmao @ Markov, he probably just wanted to be in montreal to watch russia in the world juniors! soon as russia eliminated, Markovs like "ok fiiiiiine ill come back" lmao

Super duper news

Probably hoping no one would notice him and he could sneak away again afterwards, but once he got caught he had to. Lol

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I dont understand why wouldnt you put Chucky DD on the LTIR right away when you know theyre gonna be out for a while!?! Youre suppose to be gaining cap room when you have injuries not the other way around!!! But im sure they have a good reason to do things that way, they didnt just forget to put them on LTIR.

It seems they may have just put DD on LTIR today, as Marc Antoine Godin just tweeted about it. I was just at cap friendly & noticed it.

That must've been the roster move they needed to make in order to call-up players today. It frees up cap space.

It also suggests that DD may be out longer than originally thought.

Great news about Marky & Chucky practicing! That means they both should be available for the Toronto game. :yo: :yo: :yo:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
But you can put a player on LTIR at ANY point and it's retroactive.

So if MB started working on a trade and it got to the point where it was time to pull the trigger, all he needs to do is put Galchenyuk on LTIR and then complete the trade.

It's transactional....its a minor detail

But if he comes back and was never put on LTIR we would just lose that free cap space available no?

Considering he will already practice with the team as soon as tomorrow , I doubt he can be put on LTIR.

Anyways if there's something I trust Bergy for is the cap related side of his job , he seems to have a good clue about what he's doing . :laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
But if he comes back and was never put on LTIR we would just lose that free cap space available no?

Considering he will already practice with the team as soon as tomorrow , I doubt he can be put on LTIR.

Anyways if there's something I trust Bergy for is the cap related side of his job , he seems to have a good clue about what he's doing . :laugh:
Well they would lose that cap space the second he came off LTIR anyways, so it's a moot point.

Either way, point is, had they put Galchenyuk and his 2.8M cap hit on LTIR (I think it's 2.8M, not sure) when he got hurt, yes, they would of been able to trade for someone and use the 2.8M worth of cap space while Galchenyuk was out.

But the second Galchenyuk is healthy again, they would of had to made a corresponding move to be 'cap compliant'.

That's why LTIR is really for guys who are out long term...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I find it highly unlikely either will play.
But getting them back around the guys is huge.

I dont think either one plays either to be quite honest

its just the news that they are so close to a return instead of weeks and weeks is just so damn uplifting for us, considering we have ABSOLUTELY weathered this storm the past couple weeks regarding all these injuries, the team should of been in a total tailspin and instead we keep surviving and sending it to overtime and getting points and points and staying in the hunt

its just been great, and now even more so soon as these key injuries come back

hopefully Shaw is not out too much longer either, we could sure use him as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad