2016-2017 Blues Prospects Part IV

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I would say Blais is a dark horse to make the NHL. He's an intelligent player and has some very solid offensive abilities as well.

Yeah there are others but I'm making a distinction between making the NHL and being an impact player. I have no doubt that we can pump out bottom 6 guys

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Could be a big night for Thompson, as UConn are fighting for their lives. With a loss tonight, Tage's season is over, and we could see a decision about his future made as early as next week (I.e. to ELC or not to ELC). If he signs, we could see him follow Parayko's path, and finish out the season in Chicago, getting ready for the pro game with Berube and Co. Log ~20 games or so, see what he can do against pro competition, spend the summer training hard, and get ready to compete for a spot in camp this fall. Could be a big night

BleedBlueForever

Jun 24, 2015
Could be a big night for Thompson, as UConn are fighting for their lives. With a loss tonight, Tage's season is over, and we could see a decision about his future made as early as next week (I.e. to ELC or not to ELC). If he signs, we could see him follow Parayko's path, and finish out the season in Chicago, getting ready for the pro game with Berube and Co. Log ~20 games or so, see what he can do against pro competition, spend the summer training hard, and get ready to compete for a spot in camp this fall. Could be a big night

Seeing him on the wolves would be pretty amazing but I hope he wins that would be a great moment for him!

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Seeing him on the wolves would be pretty amazing but I hope he wins that would be a great moment for him!

If UConn wins tonight it just evens the best of 3 series against Northeastern 1-1, forcing a Game 3. And if they win Game 3 that would just move them to the next round of the Hockey East playoffs. Unless they somehow win the Hockey East title, I don't see them being one of the 16 teams to make the NCAA Frozen Four bracket. They're a below .500 team and they're just the 9 seed just for Hockey East.

So I guess what I'm saying is that even if they're able to win tonight, his season is likely to end in the next week or so regardless.

Conversely, Providence won their first game so another win against Massachusetts tonight and they move on. And they're ranked 10th in the country so they're pretty likely to be one of the 16 teams to make the Frozen Four tourney. So Walman's season could last a while longer.

sparty09

Apr 6, 2012
UCONN lost.

Thompson did not have any points, but Nolan Stevens had another 2 assists. Now has 9 goals and 20 points in 15 games this season.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Kyrou had a goal and an assist tonight, which I believe extended his point streak to 26 games...which might be some sort of record (maybe Sarnia Sting record)?

sparty09

Apr 6, 2012
Big game for Blais with 1 goal and 4 points. Now has 19 goals and 33 points in 57 games.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Kyrou had a goal and an assist tonight, which I believe extended his point streak to 26 games...which might be some sort of record (maybe Sarnia Sting record)?

Be great if Kyrou turns into a Fabbri type of player. Sounds like Kyrou is faster than Fabbri.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Be great if Kyrou turns into a Fabbri type of player. Sounds like Kyrou is faster than Fabbri.

I think the potential is definitely there, but the thing that set Fabbri apart was his drive and competitiveness, and I haven't seen the same from Kyrou. The celly while down 6-3 last week might be indicative of some maturity issues, or he could have just been trying to get his team to rally behind him. It depends a lot on what he does this summer, but some are saying he could get his 9 games in next season.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
I think the potential is definitely there, but the thing that set Fabbri apart was his drive and competitiveness, and I haven't seen the same from Kyrou. The celly while down 6-3 last week might be indicative of some maturity issues, or he could have just been trying to get his team to rally behind him. It depends a lot on what he does this summer, but some are saying he could get his 9 games in next season.

Or he could have just been happy he scored? Nah, that doesn't make sense.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Or he could have just been happy he scored? Nah, that doesn't make sense.

It's just sort of an unwritten rule that you don't celebrate much if you're losing by a lot (or winning by a lot). I didn't see the celly in question, but it could be a potential sign that Kyrou is not as team-oriented as you would hope

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
It's just sort of an unwritten rule that you don't celebrate much if you're losing by a lot (or winning by a lot). I didn't see the celly in question, but it could be a potential sign that Kyrou is not as team-oriented as you would hope

Oh come on ... everybody chastises hockey players for never showing personality and the second they do fans jump all over them.

I wouldn't quantify breaking an unwritten rule as having a "maturity problem".

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Oh come on ... everybody chastises hockey players for never showing personality and the second they do fans jump all over them.

I wouldn't quantify breaking an unwritten rule as having a "maturity problem".

this isn't about showing personality, it's about being a good teammate. if you're sitting on the bench losing by 4 and you see your teammate excessively celebrating, you're gonna be pissed off, because the objective is to beat the other team and not to pad the stat sheet. this applies to any level of hockey, from NHL to beer league.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
this isn't about showing personality, it's about being a good teammate. if you're sitting on the bench losing by 4 and you see your teammate excessively celebrating, you're gonna be pissed off, because the objective is to beat the other team and not to pad the stat sheet. this applies to any level of hockey, from NHL to beer league.

Does scoring a goal not help beat the other team?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I bet Ovechkin was hated at every level then. Every goal is the GW game 7 Stanley cup final goal to him.

Seriously though, he went coast to coast through the whole team let him have his celly. Unless this excessive celebration continues, it shouldn't be an issue

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Does scoring a goal not help beat the other team?

Yes, it does. And when you're getting thrashed, you don't celebrate excessively. That's just how hockey works. It's always ridiculous in football when the team is losing by 30 points and you see the defensive backs dancing around after swatting a pass. I'm glad hockey isn't like that.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
When Thompson turns pro, the Blues need for him and Sanford to move in together and hire them a personal trainer and have each put on 20 LBS. Skate, lift, eat.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I bet Ovechkin was hated at every level then. Every goal is the GW game 7 Stanley cup final goal to him.

Seriously though, he went coast to coast through the whole team let him have his celly. Unless this excessive celebration continues, it shouldn't be an issue

When Pujols was in Spring Training his first year, he would stare down HR's. Heard McGuire and some other vets would say, "who does this guy think he is?".

vets would normally pull a guy to the side and give them a little talk. Albert never stopped doing it.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
Yes, it does. And when you're getting thrashed, you don't celebrate excessively. That's just how hockey works. It's always ridiculous in football when the team is losing by 30 points and you see the defensive backs dancing around after swatting a pass. I'm glad hockey isn't like that.

And I get that and understand that sentiment but people in this thread using one celebration as an indicator of his maturity level is what I have an issue with.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
And I get that and understand that sentiment but people in this thread using one celebration as an indicator of his maturity level is what I have an issue with.

well I think if either Morty or I had said "he did that celly and therefore he has character issues" it would be a dumb thing to say. but we both said something along the lines of 'may be an indicator', which I dont' think is unfair to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad