Waived: 2016-17 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I was hanging out with my Parenteau's on the windowSill, when I said Falk!! see ya Latta!! and went Strait down the Street to use Mashinter.....I sat down and said Falk, get this Wedgewood Vermin out of Mashinter!!

Best post of the week thank you

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'd claim him just for the beard alone. Stockton's next heavy handed goon. :)

Yes, maybe SJ makes a claim. He can definite show Burns and Thornton how to maintain a beard so not to scare the women and children away. :yo:

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Could someone tell me about Dahlbeck?

He was good at the end of our awful 2014-2015 season. Last year he wasn't great though, and I thought he was mediocre and at times even bad. He's a defenseman who doesn't chip in much offensively but tries to play responsibly and be good in the defensive zone. He's clearly a bottom pairing guy, but is good with defending sustained pressure in the defensive zone. Where he struggles though is off the rush as he's not the fleetest of foot and doesn't have a great stick.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd take a shot at Pulkkinen, I was high on him during his draft year.

I just don't think we have any spot for him in our lineup. Radulov & Gallagher are our top-six RWs and any combo of Shaw, Byron, Andrighetto, McCarron take up the bottom-six as our regulars and call-ups.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Could see CGY grabbing Pulk.

SJ/Nash could be looking at Condon or Wedgewood.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The Denver post is claiming that Gabriel Bourque had to be placed on waivers because he signed a 2 way contract. That's not true, is it?

Believe if they want to send him to the minors they'd have to send him through on waivers due to the amount of games he's played, not the 2-way deal.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Believe if they want to send him to the minors they'd have to send him through on waivers due to the amount of games he's played, not the 2-way deal.

Their point is that it's like something that had to be done because the Avs intend to keep him up with them. They are putting it in the context of there's a rule because he signed a 2 way out of his PTO (and Rene Bourque signed a one way and wasn't put on waivers for example) that it's something that was required. I know if they actually want to send him down he needs the waivers, just like anyone non exempt.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
In just looking at teams that suffered injuries, I expect the Panthers would be smart to place a claim on at least one guy considering they lost Huberdeau for at least 4 months and Bjugstad for at least the first month of the yr...Griffith, Pulkinnen or even Parenteau makes sense for them. Parenteau prob makes the most sense out of the 3 for them but Pulkinnen would be the guy that I would go after if I were them (stick him in Huberdeau's spot and I think he would do well with Jagr & Barkov).

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Scott Wedgewood 24yo -- AHL 99GP, 0.907
Mike Condon 26yo -- AHL 56GP, 0.920
Aaron Dell 27yo -- AHL 72GP, 0.924

:dunno:

I don't think Aaron Dell actually has any NHL experience aside from this preseason..

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I don't think Aaron Dell actually has any NHL experience aside from this preseason..

Wedgewood has 4 games.
Condon has 55 games 0.903 (i.e.: awful).

Nothing suggests that they're better than Dell.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
You could add Stalock to the mix. :popcorn:

Wouldn't be surprised if San Jose puts in a claim on Stalock.

They already know how he plays in net and it would be the same tandem they started with last season.

There was talk before the start of last season that philly was interested in Stalock, I'm so glad that never came to fruition.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Wedgewood has 4 games.
Condon has 55 games 0.903 (i.e.: awful).

Nothing suggests that they're better than Dell.

Except he played on an injury plagued team that had a bad season on top of it. He's not as bad as his numbers suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad