2016-17 UEFA Europa League Group Stage

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Mixed results for Belgium as well

All 4 teams took a 1-0 lead but only Anderlecht managed to get a win

Gent should have won. Played really well at Braga and had plenty of chances.
Standard aren't really in good form and have a lot of new players to fit in. Good result for them
Genk were solid against Rapid, could have been up by two at the half. But they completely fell apart in a span of 10 minutes after the break. That 3rd Rapid goal was just :facepalm:

Someone mentioned Bailey and I agree on everything that was said. This will be his final season at Genk. Ajax was already pushing hard for him last month and were prepared to offer Genk €10+ million but they didnt want to sell. No way he makes it through another summer.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, been tracking Bailey since last year. He looks electric -- a big talent IMO. It's a lazy comparison but he really reminds me a lot of a young Raheem Sterling but with better end product, and is more of a wide player.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Genk were solid against Rapid, could have been up by two at the half. But they completely fell apart in a span of 10 minutes after the break. That 3rd Rapid goal was just :facepalm:

Went to the game. Genk's goalkeeper was super nervous. The fans started booing him for holding onto the ball too long, and it seemed like it messed with his head a bit, because he made a bunch of careless mistakes. I felt bad for him on the third goal though... the ball hit a divet and hopped over his foot while he was trying to kick it.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Someone mentioned Bailey and I agree on everything that was said. This will be his final season at Genk. Ajax was already pushing hard for him last month and were prepared to offer Genk €10+ million but they didnt want to sell. No way he makes it through another summer.

Yeah, been tracking Bailey since last year. He looks electric -- a big talent IMO. It's a lazy comparison but he really reminds me a lot of a young Raheem Sterling but with better end product, and is more of a wide player.

Apparently he had a trial with Rapid a couple of years ago and they not only didn't take him, they apparently didn't pay for his hotel on the last evening in Vienna so he and his dad had to sleep on a bench in the train station. The press was saying before the game that he wanted revenge. I thought they were trying to make a story out of nothing. Apparently not. :laugh:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think the confusion came from a skip in the video in the tweet. Although not shown, the attacking player standing directly behind the ball did touch it prior to the goal scorer.

You mean the free kick was taken improperly? It looks like the referee made the correct decision in awarding it as the defending player (Dasa) was interfering with the play as he was a dead man walking and would have been sent off immediately if not for the advantage played, and Zenit retained possession until his next challenge in the box.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
You mean the free kick was taken improperly? It looks like the referee made the correct decision in awarding it as the defending player (Dasa) was interfering with the play as he was a dead man walking and would have been sent off immediately if not for the advantage played, and Zenit retained possession until his next challenge in the box.

No I mean the video originally linked makes it look like a direct FK because the part where the first attacker touches the ball is chopped out.

It was a correctly taken indirect FK, but the video was chopped to make it look like a direct FK (which AFAIK cannot happen under any circumstances in the box)

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Mainz needed to come back to beat Gabala, 3:2, good game by Mainz despite some silly moments, Gabala were very clinical but overall poor in possession, lots of sloppy giveaways

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Same with Nice.
Dante with some vintage amateur display and they're down 2-0 in Krasnodar.... :facepalm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Moving Sinkgraven to LB has been the best thing Bosz has done. Dijks was useless and Sinkgraven is very intelligent and talented.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Palacio's feet is where attacks go to die, Ranocchia is shockingly poor and Melo has absolutely no business playing professional football.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Inter are just suffering from de Boer syndrome. The guy is a poor coach.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
No, they're suffering from the fact that half their squad is ****ing rotten.

Naturally Inter score almost instantly after Icardi came on.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No, they're suffering from the fact that half their squad is ****ing rotten.

Naturally Inter score almost instantly after Icardi came on.

Icardi is their savior from what I've seen. It's difficult to imagine them having any success if they had actually sold him to Napoli.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad