Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

SameeTheSniper

Jun 15, 2016
Ottawa
To Winnipeg: 2017 1st rd pick, Lazar C, Claesson LD & Hammond G
To Ottawa: Blake Wheeler RW

- Wheeler is a 30 yr old RWer making $5.3 million with 2 more yrs on this contract. In 42 games this yr he has 32 pts (11 goals) & had 78 pts (26 goals) last yr. His 32 pts would be tied with Karlsson for most pts on the Sens right now. Winn seems to be out of the playoff picture at this point & may want to unload some salary this yr. Winn does seem to have some aging vets at forward & defence & could maybe use some more youth. This would be a deadline deal or maybe even better after the expansion draft.

Hoffman - Brassard - Wheeler
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan (MacArthur LW)
Smith - Pageau - Stone (White C)
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil - all three could be gone next season, replaced by younger & cheaper players
Robinson - Paul - Bailey

Dont think smith-pageau-stone will be the same

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

- Wheeler is a 30 yr old RWer making $5.3 million with 2 more yrs on this contract. In 42 games this yr he has 32 pts (11 goals) & had 78 pts (26 goals) last yr. His 32 pts would be tied with Karlsson for most pts on the Sens right now. Winn seems to be out of the playoff picture at this point & may want to unload some salary this yr. Winn does seem to have some aging vets at forward & defence & could maybe use some more youth. This would be a deadline deal or maybe even better after the expansion draft.

Pyatt - Kelly - Neil - all three could be gone next season, replaced by younger & cheaper players
Robinson - Paul - Bailey

I think it would cost wayyy more. Probably would take at least one of brown, chabot or white +. If wheeler was on the market lots of teams would want a piece

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think it would cost wayyy more. Probably would take at least one of brown, chabot or white +. If wheeler was on the market lots of teams would want a piece

I think people around here would have a fit if we traded Brown or Chabot + for a 30 year old winger. It's similar to trading for Ryan who also had 2 years remaining before UFA, except Wheeler is a fair bit older, though admittedly a better player. We'd be in a position where we have to re-sign a 32 year old winger; if he played well in his first couple years, we'd have to pay through the nose to keep him, if not, we'd have to hera about how it was a bad trade to begin with.

Nope, if we're going after somebody with Brown or Chabot as the bait, it better be an #1 center that's young enough to re-sign to some prime years.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Robinson - Paul - Bailey

And the winner for GM of the year is:

The GM who hoodwinked Winnipeg into making that deal. Huzzah!! :scared:

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

Cheveldayoff hangs up the phone laughing his ass off

You have literally nothing of value going to Winnipeg except a mid/late first

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Cheveldayoff hangs up the phone laughing his ass off

You have literally nothing of value going to Winnipeg except a mid/late first

Plus there is no way they are trading their captain without an over payment. The time to get Wheeler was in 2011.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Colin White would have to be going back in any deal involving Wheeler.

Ott: Sedins
Van: Turris, Ryan

Done.

Sedin-Sedin-Dzingel
Smith-Brassard-Stone
MacArthur-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Kelly-Lazar

Let's do it, bros.

Sedins will give us at least 2 years of 50+ points which should be more than enough time until White and/or Brown are ready to step into NHL.

If we are trying to win now, as evident of the Brassard deal, then getting Sedins also makes sense, even if we lose someone like Turris.

We can even then add depth player for 4th line and acquire a Tyutin or someone for depth on D.

Awesomeakel

Feb 16, 2016
I think we would need to see White's NHL play before we part with either Turris or Brassard.

Although I would like to see an Ottawa powerplay with Karlsson, the Sedins, Stone, and Hoffman...

I saw quite enough of the sedins with karlsson in the WC, and do never want to see them with him again....

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Done.

Sedin-Sedin-Dzingel
Smith-Brassard-Stone
MacArthur-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Kelly-Lazar

Let's do it, bros.

Sedins will give us at least 2 years of 50+ points which should be more than enough time until White and/or Brown are ready to step into NHL.

If we are trying to win now, as evident of the Brassard deal, then getting Sedins also makes sense, even if we lose someone like Turris.

We can even then add depth player for 4th line and acquire a Tyutin or someone for depth on D.

Isnt it more likely that neither Brown or White reaches Turris' level of play? Plus i dont think the sedins make us a much better team if they come at the cost of turris.

It seems like a medium-high risk move and we would certainly have to supplement it with other moves to reach contender status

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, Turris is the best player in that trade, and there isn't much difference at this point between Ryan and the Sedins. All it does is give us a massive hole in the top 6 a season and a half from now. White does not project as a high-scoring 1C type player, and Brown is likely 4 years away. No guarantee of even making the playoffs with the Sedins.

All that trade does, is move Ryans contract. Quite frankly, while I hate that contract, I do think we can get rid of it one way or another. The cap will increase next year with Vegas. Plus, sooner or later Eugene has to pony up with some money - either spend to the cap and/or buyout Ryan (if Ryan really tanks the rest of the way). Teams have unloaded way worse contracts with little difficultly, and without giving up the farm (like those insane trade proposals demanding Chabot and White to take Ryan...wtf?).

DDT

Aug 18, 2008

Done.

Sedin-Sedin-Dzingel
Smith-Brassard-Stone
MacArthur-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Kelly-Lazar

Let's do it, bros.

Not saying I'd do that trade, but where did Hoff go in your proposed lineup?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Considering we apparently put in a claim for Nieto, this would not surprise me.

It was confirmed by Dorion that we put in a claim.

Waivers are tough. Anybody decent is likely to get claimed. A lot of the players on waivers are overrated by fans on this board (see Reid Boucher) because they have name value from like 5 years ago. A player also has to be a big enough different maker to warrant a contract spot.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
this is the second time nestrasil has been waived. these guys don't usually help much.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think people around here would have a fit if we traded Brown or Chabot + for a 30 year old winger. It's similar to trading for Ryan who also had 2 years remaining before UFA, except Wheeler is a fair bit older, though admittedly a better player. We'd be in a position where we have to re-sign a 32 year old winger; if he played well in his first couple years, we'd have to pay through the nose to keep him, if not, we'd have to hera about how it was a bad trade to begin with.

Nope, if we're going after somebody with Brown or Chabot as the bait, it better be an #1 center that's young enough to re-sign to some prime years.

First, I doubt this management team would be trading Brown, White or Chabot anytime soon since I think they view them quite highly especially Chabot & White & they are suppose to be building through the draft & development.

Second, why do you think it would cost a lot to re-sign a 32 yr old UFA player even if he is playing well? I would argue that he is making $5.8 now & in two yrs would be closer to $5 mil if not under $5 mil since the league seems to be going younger rapidly. I also think a 30 yr old winger is not quite worth what others on here say but I would guess Winn would not be interested in trading their captain & leading scorer yet since they recently traded their last captain. But I thought he would be a good fit on RW with Brassard & Hoffman & would create a 3rd scoring line.

Plus there is no way they are trading their captain without an over payment. The time to get Wheeler was in 2011.
Well that is nonsense. He has 32 pts & would be tied with Karlsson for most pts on Ottawa right now. I would have loved to have had him on the team in 2011 but he is still worth trading for today because he obviously still plays at a very high level & most likely will continue to play well to the end of his contract & probably beyond.

I do agree that there is very little chance he is made available & it's hard to know what he is worth at his age & whether he would be worth giving up any of our best prospects for but you never know. I imagine Vrbata & Parenteau would be much cheaper but I would not be willing to give up a first for either of them nor a good prospect & Ottawa has no 2nd rd pick at this time. Parenteau UFA being from the area might just be a logical choice & affordable for this team & would not cost a good prospect given his age but he could also be done, who knows.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Done.

Sedin-Sedin-Dzingel
Smith-Brassard-Stone
MacArthur-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Kelly-Lazar

Let's do it, bros.

I would not do that at all even if it means getting rid of Ryan's contract.

Who would take over the top center position when Sedins ultimately retire in a season or two? If you were to move Turris you package him with something else for a younger upgrade. Not older ~ equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad