Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Best option is what a lot of people have suggested. Trading Hoffman for an upgrade on ceci. And then trading ceci + for a good top 6 forward.

i would probably dangle Hoffman + 1st.

And Ceci + Brown. Or any comboniation obviously can be mixed and matched.

JesseHenry9

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa: Cody Ceci, Curtis Lazar, Gabriel Gagne
Arizona: Michael Stone, Anthony Duclair

Ceci hasn't reached full potential, not even remotely close IMO. He fits Arizona's age range better than Stone. I think Ceci's value is a bit higher than Stone. We get better and they also get younger and the extra prospect.

Ottawa: Bobby Ryan
Edmonton:Jordan Eberle

Ottawa: Zack Smith, 2017 1rst round pick, 2018 2nd round pick
Columbus: Brandon Saad

Not very sure about this trade. Torst would loveeee Smith though.

Saad - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Brassard - Eberle
Dzingel - Pageau - Duclair
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Stone
Borowiecki - Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
1) I think you could keep Gagne in the first trade. Not a necessary add.
2) I hate the idea of having Eberle on this team. He's just not the kinda player I like. Rather have Ryan.
3) I'm really not sure, but it looks like too much to give up at first glance.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
1) We don't send enough value to get those two. Stone is setup to get a 1st + B prospect at the deadline. Lazar + Gagne isn't much value. Yotes would get more if they sell them separately.

2) Easy yes. Add speed, same offense. Escape Ryans contract.

3) We dont have a 2018 2nd. The trade would really depend on where this team is headed in the standings. Pointless anyways, Jackets never make that trade. Saad will bring back a quality player, not a UFA+picks.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Trades at this point seem like just flailing around. Unless there is a great (ie: clear win) deal to be made I would rather give Boucher the year with the team.

Ride it out this year and see what happens. Make the picks in the entry draft. Lose a contract during the expansion draft. See what others teams lose during the draft and then try to find a good fit on the trade front when you have a better grasp of the situation.

I do think our rebuild from 2011 looks like a flop. We just didn't pull in enough young talent from that mini-rebuild. It may be time to consider, if not another rebuild, another period of foregoing the present for the future. That's with full understanding of Andy and others age. I just don't see how this team wins in the next 2-3 years.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Ottawa: Cody Ceci, Curtis Lazar, Gabriel Gagne
Arizona: Michael Stone, Anthony Duclair

Ceci hasn't reached full potential, not even remotely close IMO. He fits Arizona's age range better than Stone. I think Ceci's value is a bit higher than Stone. We get better and they also get younger and the extra prospect.

Ottawa: Bobby Ryan
Edmonton:Jordan Eberle

Ottawa: Zack Smith, 2017 1rst round pick, 2018 2nd round pick
Columbus: Brandon Saad

I like the first trade and I think it's pretty fair or at least close. Would love to have Duclair
Dont see why Edmonton does that
Columbus doesnt touch that with a ten foot pole

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think a while ago I brought up something around Michael Stone with added stuff for Cody Ceci at the deadline as a way to possibly game the expansion draft. Michael Stone will be a UFA, meaning that Vegas COULD still steal him, but if the Sens and him are on the same page they could handshake on a deal before the expansion draft, leave him unprotected, and sign it the day after. This allows them to protect Methot-Phaneuf-Karlsson.

I don't think Duclair is exempt from the draft. He played an 18 game season with the Rangers three years ago, which if cap friendly is correct apparently counts as a pro year giving him 3 pro years. This complicates trading for him because it is looking more and more like we'll have to protect Dzingel. Lazar for Duclair could work since Lazar would be left unprotected anyways, but I don't see ARZ doing that.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Well what's bust. First strome is a decent top 6 guy.

I dunno about that. Drafted in 2011 putting up .35ppg doesn't exactly say decent top 6 guy to me. I think both of them will just be known as scorers in the CHL but unable to put up numbers in the NHL

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I think a while ago I brought up something around Michael Stone with added stuff for Cody Ceci at the deadline as a way to possibly game the expansion draft. Michael Stone will be a UFA, meaning that Vegas COULD still steal him, but if the Sens and him are on the same page they could handshake on a deal before the expansion draft, leave him unprotected, and sign it the day after. This allows them to protect Methot-Phaneuf-Karlsson.

I don't think Duclair is exempt from the draft. He played an 18 game season with the Rangers three years ago, which if cap friendly is correct apparently counts as a pro year giving him 3 pro years. This complicates trading for him because it is looking more and more like we'll have to protect Dzingel. Lazar for Duclair could work since Lazar would be left unprotected anyways, but I don't see ARZ doing that.

That would be such shrewd asset management.

Could probably get ARZ to add to Stone to get Ceci too, given that he's younger, cheaper and isn't a UFA at the end of the year.

Ceci + Hammond for Stone + Fischer

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Ceci + JGP/White/Smith + 2017 1st for Nathan MacKinnon

Turris + Brown/White + 2017 1st for John Tavares

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
why not just Ceci + 1st for Duclair and Stone. Maybe add a B prospect.

I would still do Ryan for Eberle, gets us out of that contract.

Dzingel-Turris-Eberle
Duclair-Pageau-Stone
Hoffman-Brassard-Lazar

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
this guy gets it
Yo-Yao.gif

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
why not just Ceci + 1st for Duclair and Stone. Maybe add a B prospect.

I would still do Ryan for Eberle, gets us out of that contract.

Dzingel-Turris-Eberle
Duclair-Pageau-Stone
Hoffman-Brassard-Lazar

We already have 7 forwards we need to protect - Turris, Brassard, Pageau, Stone, Dzingel, Hoffman and Ryan (NMC :facepalm:)

We can't acquire Duclair without sending one of those guys the other way because that means losing Duclair/Dzingel to expansion.

Plus we shouldn't trade our 1st under any circumstances. Budget teams with elite scouting staffs should never move their 1sts.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Ceci + JGP/White/Smith + 2017 1st for Nathan MacKinnon

Turris + Brown/White + 2017 1st for John Tavares

Imagine one of those firsts is 2018 and we do both. All the future is sacrificed as we'd have no picks in the first 2 rounds of the next 2 drafts, lol.

But...

Hoffman-Tavares-MacKinnon :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:
Dzingel-Brassard-Stone

Trade Ryan for a dman.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
We already have 7 forwards we need to protect - Turris, Brassard, Pageau, Stone, Dzingel, Hoffman and Ryan (NMC :facepalm:)

We can't acquire Duclair without sending one of those guys the other way because that means losing Duclair/Dzingel to expansion.

Plus we shouldn't trade our 1st under any circumstances. Budget teams with elite scouting staffs should never move their 1sts.

assuming both trades worked, we wouldnt protect Eberle.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Bobby Ryan, Cody ceci for Dougie Hamilton and Micheal Frolik maybe?

Seems like a lateral move but I wouldn't mind it too much. Gets rid of the Bobby contract, but Dougie has a pretty lucrative deal too at 5.75 for the next 4 years.

Frolik is cool but is a 2nd, 3rd line tweener. Would suit the system here well and be a great PKer for sure.

SameeTheSniper

Jun 15, 2016
Ottawa
that basically upgrades our offensive talent on the blue line, dumps a bad contract and we get a good defensive forward in Frolik who has the ability to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad