Not open for further replies.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Looking at primary assist numbers, it should be:

Patch-DD/Danault?-Gally
Shaw-Chuck-Radulov
Carr-Pleks-Ghetto

Splitting up the three main primary assist guys: Pleks, Patch and I assume Radulov. And then give each line a scorer and a pest.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Looking at primary assist numbers, it should be:

Patch-DD/Danault?-Gally
Shaw-Chuck-Radulov
Carr-Pleks-Ghetto

Splitting up the three main primary assist guys: Pleks, Patch and I assume Radulov. And then give each line a scorer and a pest.

enough-internet.gif

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
So with Lehkonen:
Paciorrety-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Radulov​

And without Lehkonen:
Paciorrety-Galchenyuk-Radulov
XXX-Plekanec-Gallagher​
Where XXX can change: Shaw, Ghetto, Carr, Hudon with Ghetto being the most probable candidate (pace of 32 points last season).

To go into the season hoping that Lehkonen makes it as your your second line left winger is risky. And to expect any of those others players to fill that role is just as risky.

At the end of the season i thought MB had to get two top six wingers and I still believe it. He only got one: Radulov. In my eyes the Weber/PK trade was an effort to go for the Cup within the next two three years. Not filling that second hole in the top six winger position is a mistake.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Hudon - Desharnais - Carr/Andrighetto
Byron - Danault - Mitchell/Andrighetto

Tiny bottom 6 but decent top 6 if we're lucky and Shaw really is worth 4M + Radulov gives 60+ points.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Hudon - Desharnais - Carr/Andrighetto
Byron - Danault - Mitchell/Andrighetto

Tiny bottom 6 but decent top 6 if we're lucky and Shaw really is worth 4M + Radulov gives 60+ points.

Hudon - Desharnais - Carr
Andrighetto - Danault/Mitchell - Lehkonen/Reway

Let Danault and Mitchell fight for the 4th line center spot and Lehkonen and Reway fight for the 4th line right wing spot.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Wish we would have signed Jared Boll. Would have bring much needed toughness instead of Flynn on the 4th.

Anyway, the more I think about it the more I think we'll see something this opening day:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Desharnais - Shaw
Hudon - Mitchell - Danault
DLR (McCarron, Flynn and Matteau to AHL/Waivers)

Beaulieu - Petry
Barberio - Weber
Markov - Emelin
Pateryn, Redmond

Price
Montoya

Key with the defence will be how you share ice time. It's three decent pairing, but none of them can really play more than 22 minutes a game. I'd give 35% even strength ice time to Beaulieu-Petry, 35% to Barberio-Weber and 30% to Markov-Emelin. Then, obviously, Weber get tons of PP and PK time.

PP should be
Gallagher
Radulov - Plekanec - Pacioretty
Weber

Andrighetto - Shaw - Galchenyuk
Markov - Petry

and PK should be
Pacioretty - Plekanec
Emelin - Weber

Mitchell - Danault
Markov - Petry

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
XXXXXXX - Plekanec - Gallagher ------------------ XXXXXXX = Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Hudon etc.
Carr - Desharnais - Shaw
Byron - McCarron - Andrighetto

Weber - Beaulieu
Sergachev - Markov ----------------------- Serg seems smitten by Markov
Emelin - Petry

Price

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Seeing as Rads is more of a playmaker, I'd separate Patches and Chucky to spread out the scoring more. If down by a goal is put all three on the same line.
Fur the 2nd line LW, I'd try Lehkonen and if he doesn't work maybe DLR or Shaw. Rads is no shrinking violet so the extra grit of a Shaw may not be needed. Otherwise I'd go with:

Patches Plex Gally
Lehkonen Chucky Rads
Danault/DD/Shaw Ghetto
Carr Mitchell Byron

Beau Weber
Markov Emelin
Barberio/Emelin Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov True dangerous first line
Lehkonen/Hudon/Carr/Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher Great 2nd line if a rookie can step up
Lehkonen/Hudon/Carr/Andrighetto - DD - Shaw DD gets his space opener and a scoring rookie (poor man Patches - DD - Cole line)
Byron - Danault - Mitchell Speedy 4th line with some scoring potential
Flynn, Matteau
The 2 losers from Lehkonen/Hudon/Carr/Andrighetto to Sweden/AHL/trade(for Carr and Ghetto if scared of waivers)

Beaulieu - Weber Beaulieu speed will help Weber
Markov - Petry Great pairing. Ton of IQ offensively/defensively
Emelin - Pateryn Wear your mouthguard pairing
Barberio
Redmond, Samuelsson, Hanley to AHL

Price
Whoever wins of Montoya/Condon

Inviting some of Pirri, Santorelli, Tanguay, Versteeg, Elias, Ruutu, Tlusty, Spaling, Vrbata, Hudler or Raffl to compete for the 2nd/3rd LW with the kids would be a good idea.

Gormley, Russel and Quincey could be invited to see if they have anything to offer to our D corps.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
If there's something we should learn from the last Stanley Cup is that we should spread the scoring. Galchenyuk and Radulov can easily get a line going... pacioretty and Gallagher should also get some scoring... ideally you put Pleks and Shaw together.. but that means DD between Pac and Gallagher. Not ideal but better than only one scoring Line.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If there's something we should learn from the last Stanley Cup is that we should spread the scoring. Galchenyuk and Radulov can easily get a line going... pacioretty and Gallagher should also get some scoring... ideally you put Pleks and Shaw together.. but that means DD between Pac and Gallagher. Not ideal but better than only one scoring Line.

Lehkonen/Hudon/Carr/Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Lehkonen/Hudon/Carr/Andrighetto - DD - Shaw

Has
A 1st line of potential 30 goals - 60 points guys
A 2nd line with 2 20-25 goalscorer (40-55 points) + promising rookie
A 3rd line with a 30 points center + a 15g-15A RW and a promising rookie

Offence is spread.

EDIT: The strenght of this is that the other team has to counter the 1st line or get annihilated. They also have to watch the second line because they have two 20-25 goalscorers +whatever the rookie does. This leaves the 3rd line with the easy match-ups and we have seen what DD can do with those.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002

Therrien has 5 legit top 6 forwards to work with

If he must put DD between gallagher and patches so he has more than one scoring line, then he is a moron.

Two gallys and pacioretty are fine.

You can then put Rads with Pleks who cant pass. Add Shaw for some grit. Or ghetto or if a rookie surprise.

Just move past DD in the top 6 already

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
A rookie with Plekanec and Gallagher is a recipe for failure. Never felt like Plek and Gallagher meshed well together.

Why break up the Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher line to begin with? They were dynamite last season, and since Pacioretty will rarely go to the front of the net or dig pucks in the corner, Gallagher is the perfect complement for them.

I'll friggin' go insane if Desharnais is in the top 6 again. Just no.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Your hate for a player blinds you... and anyways, as much as you want him gone, he's still very much part of the team and as long as he's here, he'll play. I want him gone to, but if he's still there... that's where he fits.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

While I think DD will get his chance at one point in the season on the top 6 but I don't think he needs to be there to create 2 scoring lines.

We have 5 legit top 6 players to create 2 scoring lines.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Your hate for a player blinds you... and anyways, as much as you want him gone, he's still very much part of the team and as long as he's here, he'll play. I want him gone to, but if he's still there... that's where he fits.

Fits? hahaha.. Fits???

Have you missed the last 4-5 years? EVERY SINGLE TIME that DD played top 6 minutes/role. HE failed. We failed. Lately it got even worse. He was put with Pacioretty, he failed. He had Galchenyuk on his wing. He failed again. He failed in a top line in the playoffs EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Some people will never learn... :shakehead

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
A rookie with Plekanec and Gallagher is a recipe for failure. Never felt like Plek and Gallagher meshed well together.

Why break up the Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher line to begin with? They were dynamite last season, and since Pacioretty will rarely go to the front of the net or dig pucks in the corner, Gallagher is the perfect complement for them.

I'll friggin' go insane if Desharnais is in the top 6 again. Just no.

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher was a good line for us. Plekanec got 60 pts played mostly with the Gallys.

Even last year, Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher was pretty damn good to start the season. Until Gallagher got injured, he got 19 pts in 22 games and Plekanec had 20 pts in 22 games to start the season.

So it's completely false that Plekanec and Gallagher has no chemistry.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Rads is a 1st line talent and paid like one. Galley is a great player, love him, but he is 2nd liner and paid like one. Even a lot of posters on this board have called him a 2nd liner. Great 2nd liner for sure, but if you have Rads you gotta put him on the 1st line at least to see what he can do. Why else you paying him 5.75?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
To go into the season hoping that Lehkonen makes it as your your second line left winger is risky. And to expect any of those others players to fill that role is just as risky.

At the end of the season i thought MB had to get two top six wingers and I still believe it. He only got one: Radulov. In my eyes the Weber/PK trade was an effort to go for the Cup within the next two three years. Not filling that second hole in the top six winger position is a mistake.

I thought MB needed two wingers and his gamble can blow up in his face, but if things go right I think MB is in a good spot.

Between Shaw, Ghetto, and Carr I think one will be good enough to give 2nd line production. In these days thats about 20 Goals or 40 points. Along with Plek and Gally either one of those could make a decent 2nd line.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
???????-Galchenyuk-Radulov
????????-McCarron-Shaw
Byron-Danault-Mitchell

Extra :Flynn or Matteau

?????? = Andrighetto/Carr/Hudon/Desharnais

I don't think Lehkonen and DLR should be in the lineup at the start of next season, they need some high playing time in the AHL.

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
Lehkonen will benefit from playing a season in the AHL. I'm really hoping Hudon and McCarron graduate this year, if not at the start of the year at least before the final 25-30 games leading into the playoffs.

Patches - Pleks - Gallagher balanced offensive defensive line that plays against other teams' top line
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Radulov creativity line that will be off the charts
Carr - McCarron - Shaw net crashing line
Danault - Mitchell - Byron checking 4th line

Carr or Shaw can provide temporary relief for injuries in the top 6. Danault or Mitchell can move onto the 3rd line. De La Rose or Flynn can easily step onto the 4th line and take PK assignments. Should there be a many season ending injuries, MB finds another roster player at the trade deadline.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Lehkonen will benefit from playing a season in the AHL. I'm really hoping Hudon and McCarron graduate this year, if not at the start of the year at least before the final 25-30 games leading into the playoffs.

Patches - Pleks - Gallagher balanced offensive defensive line that plays against other teams' top line
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Radulov creativity line that will be off the charts
Carr - McCarron - Shaw net crashing line
Danault - Mitchell - Byron checking 4th line

Carr or Shaw can provide temporary relief for injuries in the top 6. Danault or Mitchell can move onto the 3rd line. De La Rose or Flynn can easily step onto the 4th line and take PK assignments. Should there be a many season ending injuries, MB finds another roster player at the trade deadline.

If Lehkonen doesn't make the big team, he's going back to Europe. So it's NHL or he's gone.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011

Why? Isn't that the point of development? Whether it's Lehkonen, Hudon or Carr, 2nd line left wing is exactly where they should slot in. If the team has done their job in developing these prospects, one or more of them should rise to the occasion.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
???????-Galchenyuk-Radulov
????????-McCarron-Shaw
Byron-Danault-Mitchell

Extra :Flynn or Matteau

?????? = Andrighetto/Carr/Hudon/Desharnais

I don't think Lehkonen and DLR should be in the lineup at the start of next season, they need some high playing time in the AHL.

Lehkonen will not play in the AHL. It's NHL or Sweden this year from him apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad