Line Combos: 2016-17 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Shaw is 6'. Hardly small, one inch under the league average.

I saw today he was 5'11", which actually was bigger than I thought. Even at his size, he plays an aggressive game.

I had it in my head that he was 5'9/5'10.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Radulov - Plekanec - Shaw

Desharnais - Danault - Carr

Byron - McCarron - Mitchell

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Emelin - Pateryn

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
With all the younger guys coming along, it's time to make it happen.

Trade if possible DD, Mitchell, Flynn and if not possible send 2 of the 3 to the Dogs and get some cap back.

Max-Chucky-Radulov
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Ghetto-Shaw-Lekonen
Byron-Danault-Brown

Markov-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
With all the younger guys coming along, it's time to make it happen.

Trade if possible DD, Mitchell, Flynn and if not possible send 2 of the 3 to the Dogs and get some cap back.

Max-Chucky-Radulov
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Ghetto-Shaw-Lekonen
Byron-Danault-Brown

Markov-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn

Can we please stop putting Brown in the lineup? Okay thanks.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I saw today he was 5'11", which actually was bigger than I thought. Even at his size, he plays an aggressive game.

I had it in my head that he was 5'9/5'10.

He probably is 5'9 or 5'10, but they list him as 5'11.

Bottom line: we're a really small team, with only 5 forwards listed as 6 ft and above (Radulov, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Carr, and Danault).

Ghetto Galchenyuk Radulov
Pacioretty Pleks Gallagher
Carr Desharnais Shaw
Lehkonen Mitchell Hudon
Byron

get25

Oct 17, 2015

Bottom line: we're a really small team, with only 5 forwards listed as 6 ft and above (Radulov, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Carr, and Danault).

Carr Desharnais Shaw
Lehkonen Mitchell Hudon
Byron
Actually, you can remove Lehkonen from that list.
He seems to be 6' now.

Also, sometimes weight is more important.
For example, Hudon is 5'10" but weight 195.
Edit: add Mitchell at 5'11" but 190 lbs.
Plek is 5'11 and 196 lbs. Also scored 54 points last season (54th in the league is borderline top-3).

Last edited:

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa

Carr Desharnais Shaw
Lehkonen Mitchell Hudon
Byron

I never understood how people feel that 5'10" or 5'11" is short but 6'0" is fine. Like 6'0" is the cutoff where anything below is a shrimp and anything above is gigantic. Players who play small are small. I would not consider Gallagher a small or soft player despite his height. That's what matters.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Radulov needs to play with Chuckie. This is a must.

I know it sounds like a sexy idea, but I would play him with Plekanec personally, who's more of a south/north kind of center, which I think could be best for Radulov.

Plus, playing Galchenyuk with Pacioretty already gives you two legitimate 30-35 goals scorer, plus Gallagher who's good for 20 with that pair. Giving a winger as talented as Radulov to Plekanec would balance our top-6. Complete that line with either Carr (who shows he could be effective charging the net) on the left side, or a Lehkonen mid-way through the season, and you have two good lines, I think.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I never understood how people feel that 5'10" or 5'11" is short but 6'0" is fine. Like 6'0" is the cutoff where anything below is a shrimp and anything above is gigantic. Players who play small are small. I would not consider Gallagher a small or soft player despite his height. That's what matters.

Well as of 2014 the average forward was 6'1"ish. So anything less than that is smaller than average. 6' is close enough to not really notice a difference, maybe 5'11" but once you are 3" below average I'd say you are definitely in small territory.

Apr 28, 2010
Why? Because they both have names that sound Russian?

Actually.. yes. :laugh:

I know it sounds like a sexy idea, but I would play him with Plekanec personally, who's more of a south/north kind of center, which I think could be best for Radulov.

Plus, playing Galchenyuk with Pacioretty already gives you two legitimate 30-35 goals scorer, plus Gallagher who's good for 20 with that pair. Giving a winger as talented as Radulov to Plekanec would balance our top-6. Complete that line with either Carr (who shows he could be effective charging the net) on the left side, or a Lehkonen mid-way through the season, and you have two good lines, I think.

I don't have a problem with that. Me wanting Chuckie/Rads on same line is just personal preference. But if Rads' on Pleks' line, then I would want Shaw on the left side. It gives both top lines a player who can crush the net.

If Radulov and Chucky play together than you need a solid two way winger to support them.

Patches? I think he's been solid defensively despite the -10. W/o checking, I would guess he's top 5 for breakaway attempts last season.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I just remember how good Plekanec was with Kovalev, and hope he can rekindle that with a player of Radulov's calibre. That would bode well for the team to have 2 dynamic scoring lines.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I just remember how good Plekanec was with Kovalev, and hope he can rekindle that with a player of Radulov's calibre. That would bode well for the team to have 2 dynamic scoring lines.

That's my take as well. We know Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher works well together already. Having a pure talent winger like Radulov on Plekanec's wing would be a first since Kovalev, and having two dynamic scoring line would be a big plus for this team. If you have Gallagher on Plekanec's line, I'm not convinced they have enough creativity between the two of them to really generate chances on a consistent basis.

I'm not sure who I'd want on the left wing. Could be Shaw, but personally I'd rather have him on the 3rd. If you want a crasher on the 2nd line, Carr would be a good option. He plays a lot like Gallagher. I like Andrighetto's offensive tools and I really wish he would be given a chance on a line with a guy like Radulov, I think he could surprise people. Or Hudon, assuming he makes the team out of camp.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
My best guess for Therrien's team is

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Radulov-Plekanec-Shaw
Carr-DD-Andrighetto
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
That's my take as well. We know Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher works well together already. Having a pure talent winger like Radulov on Plekanec's wing would be a first since Kovalev, and having two dynamic scoring line would be a big plus for this team. If you have Gallagher on Plekanec's line, I'm not convinced they have enough creativity between the two of them to really generate chances on a consistent basis.

I'm not sure who I'd want on the left wing. Could be Shaw, but personally I'd rather have him on the 3rd. If you want a crasher on the 2nd line, Carr would be a good option. He plays a lot like Gallagher. I like Andrighetto's offensive tools and I really wish he would be given a chance on a line with a guy like Radulov, I think he could surprise people. Or Hudon, assuming he makes the team out of camp.

I think one of Andrighetto, Carr, Shaw, Lehkonen, Reway, Hudon etc will be fine. They need someone with a motor that can dish the puck. Both Plekanec and Radulov are shooters. So, either a grinder to dig loose, or someone that can skate and distribute. Either is fine imo.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
My best guess for Therrien's team is

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Radulov-Plekanec-Shaw
Carr-DD-Andrighetto
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Looks about right. That 3rd line looks real small, really question it contributing in post season. Prefer Eller by a mile.

Kiko

Jun 29, 2016
Montreal
Looks about right. That 3rd line looks real small, really question it contributing in post season. Prefer Eller by a mile.

It's the main reason I prefer Eller too. I don't mind Emelin staying since he provides good physical play even with his mistakes but Desharnais is the odd man out for a lot of people here.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
I think one of Andrighetto, Carr, Shaw, Lehkonen, Reway, Hudon etc will be fine. They need someone with a motor that can dish the puck. Both Plekanec and Radulov are shooters. So, either a grinder to dig loose, or someone that can skate and distribute. Either is fine imo.
Most of his career, Plekanec has had way more assists than Goals.
Same for Radulov over the last 10 years.

Paciorrety and Galchenyuk are shooter. Pair them with Radulov.
Or put and another winger (Shaw or Lehkonen) with Galchenyuk and Radulov.
Paciorrety-Plek-Gallagher line could be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad