Line Combos: 2016-17 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Any lineup with DD in it looks horrible. Also one of Hudon or Anrighetto has to go. Way too many small guys in the lineup.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Any lineup with DD in it looks horrible. Also one of Hudon or Anrighetto has to go. Way too many small guys in the lineup.

Meh, if they both play well enough to deserve a spot I see no reason to trade one right away. Wait til closer to the deadline and see where we're at. Hudon has the higher upside IMO, if he shows he's ready to take Ghetto's spot then move him in a package in February.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I have no problem with DD as a 3rd line centre and/or LW. He just doesn't belong on the top 6 unless it's a short term stint to replace an injured centre.

Otherwise, he's tolerable as a 3rd liner depending on the opposing team. The hate for him comes from MT's pigheaded insistence of playing as the #1 centre, which is ridiculous.

TheGame777

Jan 16, 2016
I'm not too sure about putting Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov on the same line. Pacioretty will touch the net 300 times in the season, thats without counting the shots that don't make it to the net. Radulov and Galchenyuk will be around 200 each. And they love to have the puck on their stick. Maybe splitting them up is a better idea.

Either : Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher and xxx-Galchenyuk-Radulov

or

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher and xxx-Plekanec-Radulov.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'm not too sure about putting Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov on the same line. Pacioretty will touch the net 300 times in the season, thats without counting the shots that don't make it to the net. Radulov and Galchenyuk will be around 200 each. And they love to have the puck on their stick. Maybe splitting them up is a better idea.

Either : Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher and xxx-Galchenyuk-Radulov

or

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher and xxx-Plekanec-Radulov.

Radulov is a far better playmaker than he is shooter. Putting him with our two best shooters makes sense. The three of them together will drive possession like nobody's business. I've always wanted to see Galchenyuk play with a gifted one on one player. You might never get the puck off the two of them.

I'd be kosher with the lines you proposed, but I'd like to see Radulov tried with Patch and Chuck first.

TheGame777

Jan 16, 2016
Radulov is a far better playmaker than he is shooter. Putting him with our two best shooters makes sense. The three of them together will drive possession like nobody's business. I've always wanted to see Galchenyuk play with a gifted one on one player. You might never get the puck off the two of them.

I'd be kosher with the lines you proposed, but I'd like to see Radulov tried with Patch and Chuck first.

Yes it makes sense, he is the best playmaker that the team has. Radulov is a player that will keep the puck with him a lot, and if theres no passing lane, he will shoot. I think that a lot of people underestimate his shot and shooting arsenal. Putting him with Pac and Galchy make sense and I want Michel to try it, but if you add up the fact that Galchenyuk keeps the puck to himself too and that they all shoot a lot, there won't be enough pucks for everyone.

I may be wrong, and I hope that I am. I can see this line being one of the best in the league, but maybe it's a better idea to spread the offense a little bit.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
How about something new? 4 offensive lines.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Radulov
Shaw-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Hudon-McCarron-Andrighetto
Carr-Desharnais-Danault
Mitchell/Flynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad