2016/17 Start/Sit Week 2

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I would pick up Ware if you had someone to drop. Reports have Jamal sitting again week 2 and I am disillusioned that he will make it through the rest of the campaign without injury. I dislike freeman as I mentioned before. His best games last season were against non playoff teams and he was shutdown against good teams. Coleman will take his spot by week 3 if they keep trending the way there are.

Ware. I hated Freeman entering this year. He ran out of gas halfway through the season last year, and the Falcons talked all offseason about getting Coleman more involved.

Alright cool just wanted someone to back me up on it haha. I had Freeman last year and even when he was putting up RB1 numbers I really didn't think he would keep them up going into this year. His big games last year were when he would actually get good rushing yards, he wasn't good at rushing, and was pretty good in the pass game in an offense where him and Jones were the only real targets. That combined with such a high number of touchdowns it wasn't sustainable. I only took him this year because it was the 7th round or so and he was still there and figured there was a chance I could've been wrong about him.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Watkins vs NYJ
Dez vs Washington
Eli Rogers vs Cincy
Dorsett vs Denver
LaFell vs Pittsburgh

0.5 PPR. Can start only 1. Im a little worried about Watkins being banged up on a short week and Dez playing Josh Norman which is why Im considering other options.

stupendousman

Jun 25, 2008
Richmond, BC
For one league:

I've got McCoy, DeMarco, and Langford at RB
Hopkins, Floyd, Hilton, and Hurns at WR

I'm thinking of starting McCoy, and DeMarco at RB, Hopkins and Floyd at WR. For my flex, I'm thinking of going with Langford. I'm a little wary of starting Hilton against the Broncos' secondary. Thoughts?

For the other:

Is Fuller worth a start over Jordy Nelson against the Vikings? And who's the better start at RB, Abdullah or Riddick? I've got both.

Thanks!:bow:

SoulPatch

Sep 29, 2006
Standard scoring

Pick 3 of the WR's below. I've pointed out my thoughts next to the WR's, I currently have Cobb, Matthews and Williams starting but not sure if I should put Thomas in due to his hip "injury":

Randall Cobb (vs. Minnesota) - didn't do much week 1 but can't see myself sitting him
Demarius Thomas (vs. Indy) - possibly injured/limited
Corey Coleman (vs. Baltimore) - not sure how it will go with McCown
Tyrell Williams (vs. Jax) - Rivers said he'd be throwing to him more, but not sure exactly his new role on the team
Jordan Matthews (vs. Chicago) - will start for me.

All_blueandwhite

Apr 15, 2007
DeMarco @ Detroit or Melvin Gordon vs Jacksonville?

I'm thinking with Keenan Allen hurt the Chargers are going to look to give Woodhead and Gordon the ball more

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Pick 1 for Flex: (leaning Cobb)

R. Cobb vs. Vikings
J. Brown vs. Buccaneers
M. Sanu vs. Raiders

Pick 1 for Flex again: (leaning Fitzgerald, but Benjamin is enticing me)

L. Fitzgerald vs. Buccaneers
J. Edelman vs. Dolphins
T. Benjamin vs. Jaguars

Also: Dwayne Allen or Eric Ebron?

Thanks in advance.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Standard scoring

Pick 3 of the WR's below. I've pointed out my thoughts next to the WR's, I currently have Cobb, Matthews and Williams starting but not sure if I should put Thomas in due to his hip "injury":

Randall Cobb (vs. Minnesota) - didn't do much week 1 but can't see myself sitting him
Tyrell Williams (vs. Jax) - Rivers said he'd be throwing to him more, but not sure exactly his new role on the team

Cobb, Thomas, Matthews. If Thomas is out or on a snap count go Williams but it's looking like he'll be fine

Don't trust any Browns WR's. McCown always looks for Barnidge

Williams could be a good start in the next few weeks but I'd wait to see how he does this week first

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Watkins vs NYJ
Dez vs Washington
Eli Rogers vs Cincy
Dorsett vs Denver
LaFell vs Pittsburgh

0.5 PPR. Can start only 1. Im a little worried about Watkins being banged up on a short week and Dez playing Josh Norman which is why Im considering other options.

Watkins if he plays... he owns Revis. Rogers if Wheaton is out. Dez if neither happen.

For one league:

I'm thinking of starting McCoy, and DeMarco at RB, Hopkins and Floyd at WR. For my flex, I'm thinking of going with Langford. I'm a little wary of starting Hilton against the Broncos' secondary. Thoughts?

For the other:

Is Fuller worth a start over Jordy Nelson against the Vikings? And who's the better start at RB, Abdullah or Riddick? I've got both.

Langford
No
Riddick

Standard scoring

Cobb, Williams and Matthews

I'm thinking with Keenan Allen hurt the Chargers are going to look to give Woodhead and Gordon the ball more

Murray

R. Cobb vs. Vikings
J. Brown vs. Buccaneers
M. Sanu vs. Raiders

J. Edelman vs. Dolphins
T. Benjamin vs. Jaguars

Thanks in advance.

Cobb, Fitz and Allen

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Watkins vs NYJ
Dez vs Washington
Eli Rogers vs Cincy
Dorsett vs Denver
LaFell vs Pittsburgh

Yikes, that's 4 really not great options lol. I'm going to say probably Dez vs. Washington. Even if he's got Norman covering him all game, I think he sneaks a TD in there.

For one league:

For the other:

Yeah I think you're making the right calls there for the first one

For the second one, I think I'd wait to see more constant production from Fuller before I'm starting him over Jordy. The Vikings defense is good, but if Sharpe can put up 76yards to that secondary last week with Mariota throwing with him, I'm not concerned about Jordy being able to put up 10+pts for you with A-Aron throwing to him.

Abdullah for me. Riddick got some big production last week, but Abdullah still got more touches and performed well as well.

I'm not 100% sure that's going to be the case. Jacksonville played the Packers pretty close last week. So there's a chance that SD is playing from behind. In that case, they'll be throwing the ball - which would mean more targets for Benjamin and Williams. But if they do get the lead, I would hope they'd have learned from their mistakes last week and lean on Melvin's run game. Personally, I'd use DeMarco

R. Cobb vs. Vikings
J. Brown vs. Buccaneers
M. Sanu vs. Raiders

J. Edelman vs. Dolphins
T. Benjamin vs. Jaguars

Thanks in advance.

Cobb vs. Vikings

Gotta go Fitz vs. the Bucs

Man that's close. Ebron

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Mohamed Sanu at Oakland
or
Doug Baldwin at Lambs?

Sanu. Wilson isn't 100%.

Melvin Gordon or Arian Foster? PPR

Foster. I don't trust Gordon yet.

Sit Watkins tonight, right?

Have Marvin Jones, Willie Snead, and Jeremy Maclin otherwise.

Hope you sat him...

Pick two of Edelmen, Kelvin, Travis Benjamin and Moncrief. .5ppr Leaning towards Kelvin and Edelman.

Agreed.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Drop C-Mike for the Baltimore D this week vs CLE?

Or roll with Denver D vs IND

Wallace vs CLE or Demaryius vs IND? Only asking because it looks like Thomas will be playing injured and not sure if he'll just be a decoy or on a snap count

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

Wallace vs CLE or Demaryius vs IND? Only asking because it looks like Thomas will be playing injured and not sure if he'll just be a decoy or on a snap count

Tough, I don't know if I'd want to drop Micheal just yet. Denver's D might not net you many points for keeping the Colts from scoring but their pass rush should be able to overwhelm the Colts' questionable o-line and get you some sacks. I'd probably roll with Denver.

I'd wait for some more news on DT to come out but right now I'd honestly say Wallace. I see no reason why he couldn't repeat his numbers from last week against the Browns.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I'd keep Denver's D in.

And Wallace. I don't trust any Bronco outside of C.J. Anderson.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Need 1 WR and a flex, match ups have me going back and forth

Moncrief
Floyd
Sherpard
Langford

.5 ppr. I really like Shepard this week but is a bit of a gamble

And

PPR reduced yardage league, so reception and tds are big, need 1 RB and 1 flex

Lacy
Woodhead
Shepard
Moncrief

LeafsTFC

Mar 3, 2011
The Annex
PPR league,
This feels crazy to ask, but...

Todd Gurley or Duke Johnson jr?

Even with last week and the D being Seattle this week, I'd still take Gurley. I don't think Duke will get as much action with Hue Jackson in the fold. Seems like he wants to ground-and-pound with Crowell. Which leads me to my question - I need to pick a RB from Crowell (vs. Ravens) or Matt Jones (vs. Cowboys). And then I need to pick a flex between Barnidge (vs. Ravens) and the lessor of Maclin (vs. Texans) or Desean Jackson (vs. Cowboys).

I'm leaning towards Crowell at RB and Desean at the flex (and playing Maclin as my WR2).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad