2016/17 Start/Sit Week 2

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I have the week 2 blues after OBJ stank it up for me in one league and I lost Keenan in my other league.

Hope you all do better than I did!

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
won 3 of 5 leagues.
Gurley ruined what should of been a win with only being a 7 point spread before his game started.

This week. only main question mark I have in one my leagues is Flex position

Who should I start

Benard vs. Pitts
or
Fuller vs. KC

I am leaning towards Fuller after his impressive debut (sitting on my bench) and the fact that Miller is a threat from the backfield. I think KC will have to play a pretty rounded style of defence against Houston.

Thoughts?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
W/R/T

Eric Decker
Julius Thomas
DeSean Jackson
Corey Coleman
V-Jax

(My WR and TE are set with Jones, Bryant & Olsen.)

Who should I start? I'm thinking Decker or Thomas since Jackson will be matched up with Claiborne vs DAL.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
won 3 of 5 leagues.
Gurley ruined what should of been a win with only being a 7 point spread before his game started.

Who should I start

Benard vs. Pitts
or
Fuller vs. KC

I am leaning towards Fuller after his impressive debut (sitting on my bench) and the fact that Miller is a threat from the backfield. I think KC will have to play a pretty rounded style of defence against Houston.

Thoughts?

Fuller

Need a flex for PPR:

Olsen or Diggs

Olsen

For my Flex:

Matt Jones, Tajae Sharpe, Tevin Coleman or Coery Coleman?

Edit: somewhat relevant- go after Sanu or Banjamin on waivers?

Sharpe, but get Sanu anyway

W/R/T

Eric Decker
Julius Thomas
DeSean Jackson
Corey Coleman
V-Jax

Who should I start? I'm thinking Decker or Thomas since Jackson will be matched up with Claiborne vs DAL.

Decker

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
won 3 of 5 leagues.

Who should I start

Benard vs. Pitts
or
Fuller vs. KC

Thoughts?

Fuller

Need a flex for PPR:

Olsen or Diggs

Olsen

For my Flex:

Matt Jones, Tajae Sharpe, Tevin Coleman or Coery Coleman?

Edit: somewhat relevant- go after Sanu or Banjamin on waivers?

Sharpe, he seems to be Mariota's favourite target. I'd go for Sanu.

W/R/T

Eric Decker
Julius Thomas
DeSean Jackson
Corey Coleman
V-Jax

Decker.

SoulPatch

Sep 29, 2006
Standard scoring league.

I need to pick up a WR off waivers. Should I target:

Tyrell Williams (vs. Jacksonville) - with Allen's injury he'll see more targets.

or

Mike Wallace (vs. Cleaveland) - Him and Flacco are already showing chemistry.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Standard scoring league.

I need to pick up a WR off waivers. Should I target:

Tyrell Williams (vs. Jacksonville) - with Allen's injury he'll see more targets.

or

Mike Wallace (vs. Cleaveland) - Him and Flacco are already showing chemistry.

I'd say Wallace for more big play ability and he seems to work well with Flacco based on last game anyway. Plus his matchup this week is better.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Got Allen Robinson as my 1st Wr and need to pick one of Watkins or Floyd as my 2nd. I know very little about Watkins injury, who would you choose ?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Got Allen Robinson as my 1st Wr and need to pick one of Watkins or Floyd as my 2nd. I know very little about Watkins injury, who would you choose ?

Watkins generally owns Revis, but he may not play. Even if he does, he might be on a snap count. I only have him in one league, so I'm not keeping a close eye on it. I'd play it safe and start Floyd.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Tavon Austin or Devin Funchess? Both have struggled, but Funchess has a decent matchup.

I'd go Funchess

For me. PPR league. Pick 2 RBS & a flex from below:

LeSean McCoy
DeMarco Murray
Danny Woodhead
James White
Tajae Sharpe
Chris Hogan
Emmanuel Sanders

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Looking at my 2nd QB spot:

Ryan @ Oak or Cousins vs Dal

Ryan v. Oak. Oakland D has not come together as a unit yet and was terrible against the Saints throwing game. He should be able to spread it out pretty good with Coleman, Julio, Sanu and Freeman.

Cousins looked like a hot mess week 1.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'd go Funchess

LeSean McCoy
DeMarco Murray
Danny Woodhead
James White
Tajae Sharpe
Chris Hogan
Emmanuel Sanders

Murray - Lions will be Lions and with the Titans strong Oline they should be able to bully their way to some major gains.

Woodhead - I believe he is going to have an upswing with a more significant role as a catch and run guy, as with Allen gone they have a major void in the receiving field now.

Sanders - I like the possibility of him seeing more passes against a weak indy secondary who was lit up by Stafford last week. Miami was pretty stingy against Seattle so I cant see Hogan seeing to many targets esp with a young qb and a ball hawking secondary.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'd go Funchess

LeSean McCoy
DeMarco Murray
Danny Woodhead
James White
Tajae Sharpe
Chris Hogan
Emmanuel Sanders

I'd probably do McCoy, DeMarco and Woodhead in the Flex.

With Watkins hurt, I think McCoy will see an increased workload. There aren't too many other skilled guys on that offense to get the ball to.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Rivers vs JAX or Mariota @ DET

Bernard @ PIT or Henry @ DET

Edelman vs MIA or M. Jones vs TEN

Those are some tough decisions.

I would personally go Mariota v. Detroit as any Detroit game turns into a shootout and he performed quite well against a good Vikings D.

Benard/Henry. Flip a coin both are a gamble for usage, that being said the Steelers Run D looked ok last game.

Edelman v. Jones. Both should see a significant amount of targets. I would probably play Jones as Detroit is a throwing team and should be behind against the Titans. Just a personal preference but I think its a coin toss as well.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Those are some tough decisions.

I would personally go Mariota v. Detroit as any Detroit game turns into a shootout and he performed quite well against a good Vikings D.

Benard/Henry. Flip a coin both are a gamble for usage, that being said the Steelers Run D looked ok last game.

Edelman v. Jones. Both should see a significant amount of targets. I would probably play Jones as Detroit is a throwing team and should be behind against the Titans. Just a personal preference but I think its a coin toss as well.

Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I'm at the point where a coin flip might be best on the last two. I'm leaning toward starting Mariota this week simply because of what Detroit's D did against Indy last week and I'd like to see what Rivers does post-Allen before I start him. I'm leaning toward Henry for the second one. Even though Bernard and Hill are basically getting a 50/50 split on touches, Gio burned me last week and I like Henry's matchup for the same reasons I like Mariota. I'm also leaning Edelman as Garoppalo looks more comfortable and the only thing Edelman didn't really do last week was find the endzone which I think has a much better chance of happening at home against Miami. Jones could be another good choice though because all that offense does is throw the ball. Starting to kick myself for underestimating Stafford as a decent fantasy performer this year.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I'm at the point where a coin flip might be best on the last two. I'm leaning toward starting Mariota this week simply because of what Detroit's D did against Indy last week and I'd like to see what Rivers does post-Allen before I start him. I'm leaning toward Henry for the second one. Even though Bernard and Hill are basically getting a 50/50 split on touches, Gio burned me last week and I like Henry's matchup for the same reasons I like Mariota. I'm also leaning Edelman as Garoppalo looks more comfortable and the only thing Edelman didn't really do last week was find the endzone which I think has a much better chance of happening at home against Miami. Jones could be another good choice though because all that offense does is throw the ball. Starting to kick myself for underestimating Stafford as a decent fantasy performer this year.

Me too man, me too. Played him in my flex........when I should of just threw Fuller in as a WR3 in my lineup lol.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
.5 PPR. Need help with flex

RB: David Johnson (vs. TB), Mark Ingram (@ NYG)
WR: Marvin Jones (vs. TEN), Willie Snead (@ NYG)
FLEX: ?

Options: Legarrette Blount (vs. MIA), Jeremy Maclin (@ HOU), Duke Johnson (vs. BAL)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
.5 PPR. Need help with flex

RB: David Johnson (vs. TB), Mark Ingram (@ NYG)
WR: Marvin Jones (vs. TEN), Willie Snead (@ NYG)
FLEX: ?

Options: Legarrette Blount (vs. MIA), Jeremy Maclin (@ HOU), Duke Johnson (vs. BAL)

personally would rule out DJ v. Bal. their team is a mess and Baltimore held the bills rush pretty good.

Miami had a good game against the rush last week as well and Blount is not seeing any throws as the catch run game is going to White.

Maclin had a good game last week but the targets were really spread out on the field.

Either Blount or Maclin I would think but with . 5ppr I would probably go Maclin.

as for projections:

blount is ranked 30 ppr week 2 and DJ 35 rank ppr in RBs. Maclin is sitting at 21 in ppr projections for week 2 for WR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad