2016/17 Start/Sit Week 2

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
I like Maclin of those 3 too. The two RBs have potential for a good game but it's hard to rely on either of them.

PPR league, WR3: Michael Floyd vs TB, Tyler Lockett @LA, Tajae Sharpe @ DET

and if Watkins can't go Thursday, who's my next option on standby from the above list?

D/ST: Houston vs KC or Vikings vs GB? Or do I drop Texans for Baltimore and play them this week with the juicy Browns matchup?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Start 1 at Flex:

Arian Foster
Mohamed Sanu
Tyrell Williams

What is the rest of your roster like?

I would wait a week and see how the chargers use Tyrell Williams he is your highest risk starting in the flex. he will either boom or bust this week.

Arian Foster is guaranteed to get you points and New England was not the greatest against the run v. the Cards.

Sanu was utilized quite a bit against Tampa last week. put up more yards then Julio v. worse coverage competition. With Coleman emerging out of the backfield as a catch and run RB I think he will also receive a favorable matchup against the Raiders as they were in a shoot out against new Orleans.

I would go Sanu. Esp. with seeing Snead burn the Raiders for 170 yards while in the raiders secondary coverage as Cooks received the best coverage as Julio will this week

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I like Maclin of those 3 too. The two RBs have potential for a good game but it's hard to rely on either of them.

and if Watkins can't go Thursday, who's my next option on standby from the above list?

D/ST: Houston vs KC or Vikings vs GB? Or do I drop Texans for Baltimore and play them this week with the juicy Browns matchup?

WR3. Floyd. I liked his match up in New England, he was target early and frequently. Brown had a lot less targets so Floyd is wr2 at the moment. Keep in mind he only caught 3 of 7 targets for 60+ yards so he should of had a better evening and I think he can against TB.

Lockett is another wild card. he had a rough 1st week but he is a very inconsistent fantasy player.

I have Sharpe as well but I am waiting to see a little more of him before I start him.

I would keep Houston v. KC. if you drop Houston someone will scoop them from you. GB will put up points v. Vikings.

just my opinions.

Sorry I am responding to all of these. Work is really slow this morning :laugh:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Team 1:
Standard Scoring

Graham or Pitta at TE?

Choose 2 RB's to start: Ware, Abdullah, Rawls, Jones

One of those RB's or Cobb or Fuller at FLEX?

Team 2:
Standard Scoring

Wilson or Rivers? I know Wilson will probably play but he'll most likely be limited which would decrease his value

Forte, C-Mike, or Abdullah?

If Demaryius can't play, Sharpe or Wallace at WR?

James or Pitta at TE?

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
My picks are in bold but as usual would love some input.

.5 PPR

Pick two WR: Julio Jones @ Oak, Jarvis Landry @ NE, Kelvin Benjamin vs SF, Tajae Sharpe @ Det, Kevin White vs Phi, Markus Wheaton vs Cin

Pick two RB: Mark Ingram @ NYG, Latavius Murray vs Atl, Ryan Mathews @ Chi, Duke Johnson vs Bal

Pick a flex from any remaining player above. Right now I'm leaning Kelvin Benjamin.

Standard scoring

Pick two WR: Odell Beckham Jr vs NO, Mike Evans @ Ari, Demaryius Thomas vs Ind, Golden Tate vs Ten, Tyler Lockett @ LA

Pick two RB: Devonta Freeman @ Oak, DeMarco Murray @ Det, Rashad Jennings vs NO, Chris Ivory @ SD, Darren Sproles @ Chi

Pick a flex from any remaining player above. I'm leaning Rashad Jennings at the moment.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Team 1:
Standard Scoring

Graham or Pitta at TE?

Team 2:
Standard Scoring

Wilson or Rivers? I know Wilson will probably play but he'll most likely be limited which would decrease his value

James or Pitta at TE?

Team 1

Pitta had 3 more targets than Graham week 1. Browns gave up 6 TE receptions v. Philly and Rams only gave up 1 TE receptions vs. SF.

Its a tough decision as Graham has so much promise and you are kind of praying week to week he pulls out some big numbers. Brain says Pitta but heart wants Graham lol.

Ware - there is just too much upside after last weeks performance and it sounds like J.C. is going to sit Week 2 based on early reports.

Titans destroyed the Minn run game so I would shy away from Abdullah. Rawls would be my choice even though its a split as the Rams cant stop the run.

I like Fuller for flex against KC. Cobb is amazing but Rodgers has so many targets to throw to and the Vikings will be forcing that throw quickly with their pass rush.

team 2

Wilson if he is able to play and if they show some highlights of practice the day before and he looks good to go. I would wait to see how Rivers does without Allen.

I would go C-Mic even though he will probably split as Buff and Ten run defence is better.

Sharpe or Wallace would be a coin toss for me. I like Wallace vs. the Browns but I also like Sharpe vs. the Lions as their secondary is not good.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

.5 PPR

Pick two WR: Julio Jones @ Oak, Jarvis Landry @ NE, Kelvin Benjamin vs SF, Tajae Sharpe @ Det, Kevin White vs Phi, Markus Wheaton vs Cin

Pick two RB: Mark Ingram @ NYG, Latavius Murray vs Atl, Ryan Mathews @ Chi, Duke Johnson vs Bal

Pick a flex from any remaining player above. Right now I'm leaning Kelvin Benjamin.

Standard scoring

Pick two WR: Odell Beckham Jr vs NO, Mike Evans @ Ari, Demaryius Thomas vs Ind, Golden Tate vs Ten, Tyler Lockett @ LA

Pick two RB: Devonta Freeman @ Oak, DeMarco Murray @ Det, Rashad Jennings vs NO, Chris Ivory @ SD, Darren Sproles @ Chi

Pick a flex from any remaining player above. I'm leaning Rashad Jennings at the moment.

I like all your picks.

only one I am skeptical about is Freeman but I have not been a fan. I think his schedule last season helped him reach a very high standard that he cannot repeat. I would go Ivory over him (if healthy) as I think Coleman is going to take over the bank end by next week BUT since you are using one in your flex I would play Freeman and put ivory in flex.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Carr vs. ATL or Wilson vs. LA? Rams were awful last game but their pass rush is strong against a not as strong Seahawks o-line, and Wilson has that ankle injury. If the Hawks go up early they'll likely want to rest Wilson as much as possible, but Raiders/Falcons could end up as a shootout. I'm leaning Carr.

And, for a friend, Lacy vs. MIN or Murray vs. DET?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Carr vs. ATL or Wilson vs. LA? Rams were awful last game but their pass rush is strong against a not as strong Seahawks o-line, and Wilson has that ankle injury. If the Hawks go up early they'll likely want to rest Wilson as much as possible, but Raiders/Falcons could end up as a shootout. I'm leaning Carr.

Agree with you in regards to Carr. he is in my starting lineup as well. Atlanta has not really improved their D for this season in my opinion. Plus coming off that epic win this past week and playing at home the swagger will be off the charts. Should be another shoot out.

I don't know about Lacy or Murray. I am a Lions fan so I think Murray will give our D a problem but if it is a high scoring game then the Titans may be going through the air. As for GB v Min. I don't know what to expect. Their D is looking pretty good this season versus the run but if green bay gets the lead early it will be a grind out on the ground.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Start 1 at Flex:

Arian Foster
Mohamed Sanu
Tyrell Williams

I like Foster a lot whenever he's healthy but I'd probably go for Sanu after what Snead did to the Raiders.

For receivers I would go Sharpe and Floyd in that order. I'm honestly unsure about the defenses though that's a tough one. I like Houston's matchup better so I'd lean them.

Another one from me for another league:

Decker vs. BUF
Maclin vs. HOU
Landry vs. NE

Who should my WR3 be from this group?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I like Foster a lot whenever he's healthy but I'd probably go for Sanu after what Snead did to the Raiders.

For receivers I would go Sharpe and Floyd in that order. I'm honestly unsure about the defenses though that's a tough one. I like Houston's matchup better so I'd lean them.

Another one from me for another league:

Decker vs. BUF
Maclin vs. HOU
Landry vs. NE

I like Landry v. NE. he was in rough against the Hawks but still saw 10 trgts. I can see NE getting ahead quickly and Miami having to concentrate on an aerial game.

Decker vs. Buf should be a good matchup as well with Wallace coming off a game of almost 100yrds.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I like Landry v. NE. he was in rough against the Hawks but still saw 10 trgts. I can see NE getting ahead quickly and Miami having to concentrate on an aerial game.

Decker vs. Buf should be a good matchup as well with Wallace coming off a game of almost 100yrds.

Decker is a tough bench because he's just so damn consistent in fantasy but Landry could have a big week from his sheer volume that Decker won't get, and I agree that Miami will have to be throwing quite a bit. I'll probably have to think on this one right up until tomorrow night.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
What is the rest of your roster like?

I would wait a week and see how the chargers use Tyrell Williams he is your highest risk starting in the flex. he will either boom or bust this week.

Arian Foster is guaranteed to get you points and New England was not the greatest against the run v. the Cards.

Sanu was utilized quite a bit against Tampa last week. put up more yards then Julio v. worse coverage competition. With Coleman emerging out of the backfield as a catch and run RB I think he will also receive a favorable matchup against the Raiders as they were in a shoot out against new Orleans.

I would go Sanu. Esp. with seeing Snead burn the Raiders for 170 yards while in the raiders secondary coverage as Cooks received the best coverage as Julio will this week

This is my full offence:

2eb311db3c9599baffc7df904c9835fd.png

debb414a644814eab1a409686cdbfb16.png

I agree with starting Sanu. I was leaning towards him, despite the projections. Oakland's D is ripe for the picking.

If it helps, the league is 12 teams and PPR.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Just noticed Ware was available in my league and I picked him up, should I start him or Freeman? Freeman has the better matchup but I don't trust him.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Tavon Austin or Devin Funchess? Both have struggled, but Funchess has a decent matchup.

Yuck. The only Rams player I'm starting is Gurley, so Funchess by default.

For me. PPR league. Pick 2 RBS & a flex from below:

LeSean McCoy
DeMarco Murray
Danny Woodhead
James White
Tajae Sharpe
Chris Hogan
Emmanuel Sanders

McCoy, Murray and Woodhead

Looking at my 2nd QB spot:

Ryan @ Oak or Cousins vs Dal

Ryan

Rivers vs JAX or Mariota @ DET

Bernard @ PIT or Henry @ DET

Edelman vs MIA or M. Jones vs TEN

Rivers, Henry and Jones

.5 PPR. Need help with flex

RB: David Johnson (vs. TB), Mark Ingram (@ NYG)
WR: Marvin Jones (vs. TEN), Willie Snead (@ NYG)
FLEX: ?

Options: Legarrette Blount (vs. MIA), Jeremy Maclin (@ HOU), Duke Johnson (vs. BAL)

Maclin

Start 1 at Flex:

Arian Foster
Mohamed Sanu
Tyrell Williams

Sanu

Floyd and Sharpe
Houston

Team 1:
Standard Scoring

Graham or Pitta at TE?

Team 2:
Standard Scoring

James or Pitta at TE?

Bolded

.5 PPR

Standard scoring

Bolded

Carr and Murray

Decker vs. BUF
Maclin vs. HOU
Landry vs. NE

Landry in a PPR, Decker for standard

Ebron, Graham, or Gates at TE in a Yahoo PPR league?

Gates

PPR league, Pick two.
Danny Woodhead
Stefon Diggs
John Brown
Duke Johnson
Frank Gore

Leaning towards Woodhead and Diggs.

Agreed.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Just noticed Ware was available in my league and I picked him up, should I start him or Freeman? Freeman has the better matchup but I don't trust him.

I would pick up Ware if you had someone to drop. Reports have Jamal sitting again week 2 and I am disillusioned that he will make it through the rest of the campaign without injury. I dislike freeman as I mentioned before. His best games last season were against non playoff teams and he was shutdown against good teams. Coleman will take his spot by week 3 if they keep trending the way there are.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Ware. I hated Freeman entering this year. He ran out of gas halfway through the season last year, and the Falcons talked all offseason about getting Coleman more involved.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Need 2 RBs out of

D. Martin vs Ari
A. Foster vs N.E.
R. Jennings vs N.O.
A. Abdullah vs Ten

Also need a flex out of the remaining 2 RB or Will Fuller from Houston.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Need 2 RBs out of

D. Martin vs Ari
A. Foster vs N.E.
R. Jennings vs N.O.
A. Abdullah vs Ten

Also need a flex out of the remaining 2 RB or Will Fuller from Houston.

Martin - should be able to run quite well vs. Arizona D that was shreaded by Blount. with the throw threat they wont be able to stack the box.

Foster - would expect him to be able to put up some good yardage and receiving yards.

Abdullah- would sit v. a Ten D that help AP to next to nothing.
Jennings v. N.Orleans would be an option for Flex if you are not sold on Fuller

Fuller

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I would pick up Ware if you had someone to drop. Reports have Jamal sitting again week 2 and I am disillusioned that he will make it through the rest of the campaign without injury. I dislike freeman as I mentioned before. His best games last season were against non playoff teams and he was shutdown against good teams. Coleman will take his spot by week 3 if they keep trending the way there are.

I regret not taking Coleman when I had the chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad