Salary Cap: 2016-17 Roster Building XXVII | Trade Deadline Watch Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'm not sure it really matters either way. Both are pretty far from where he's been established for the past ~15 years (Pittsburgh) and his home up in Quebec.

It'd probably just come down to which team is in a better position to win, and probably something like income taxes.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Fleury seems like a warm weather guy. Also the spotlight in Dallas would be much smaller. Stars can probably walk around without being recognized.

But I maintain he will not have a choice. I'm 50/50 that he's traded at all.

I think it's absolutely 50/50. I agree completely. Complete coin flip. The right scenario has to happen. We are close... but it's still 50/50.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Fleury is looking at playing maybe 15 games this year with a noncontender after uprooting and/or moving his family temporarily behind in Pittsburgh, or 5 or 6 more for the Pens in regular season backing up Murray and then into the playoffs.

He might not be ultra happy staying but considering the market I don't see him going anywhere this season. I think it might be 20/80 at best.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
75/25 stays/goes if he ultimately tells JR he'd like to be moved for this DL.

Bottom line is he's really hard to move right now.
Less hard after the seasons over but still not easy.
And pretty easy once the ED is over and he's still being shopped/not on LV's roster.

Has it been announced if Mm is getting the start of MAF??????

MM is starting.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
75/25 stays/goes if he ultimately tells JR he'd like to be moved for this DL.

Bottom line is he's really hard to move right now.
Less hard after the seasons over but still not easy.
And pretty easy once the ED is over and he's still being shopped/not on LV's roster.

MM is starting.

I really thought they were going to give it to MAF as a thanks for the service and a chance for the fans to send him off proper, I have a feeling MAF is staying until the Expansion Draft

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I can't imagine JR doesn't at least have some kind of deal in the extreme early stages lined up, and the other team just wants to know for sure if MAF will waive to go there. That's where the 48 hour thing came in. Discuss it with MAF, let him talk to his family about it and get back to JR with enough time for the other team to look elsewhere before the deadline should MAF decline.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
I think it's pretty much agreed upon that a Matt Duchene trade was going to look something like Maatta,DP, Sprong and a 1st.. Would the Red Wings take that deal for Larkin?????

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I'm thinking it's more likely Fleury agreed to waive if they can't find somewhere he wants to go now (and who will deal). With the understanding he'll be traded in the off season (which will probably be easier to move him then) if he's not taken.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
I can't imagine JR doesn't at least have some kind of deal in the extreme early stages lined up, and the other team just wants to know for sure if MAF will waive to go there. That's where the 48 hour thing came in. Discuss it with MAF, let him talk to his family about it and get back to JR with enough time for the other team to look elsewhere before the deadline should MAF decline.

I agree I feel the same that he basically has a deal done, but I believe he is being honest when he says he might keep MAF because he needed the 2 goalie system to win the cup with the Canes and i guess you could even say we needed a 2 goalie system last year

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Weather in Dallas sounds completely unbearable to me. Hot as hell and humid but not even near a coast, wild fires and tornados... it sounds awful. I'll take the cold, dry, mountain air.

Fleury wouldn't be there in the summer when it's miserably hot. He'd be there when it's 80 in November though.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
Apparently the Kings are trying to trade Gaborik, Pittsburgh would be a hard pass right?? Or do you think the pens should look at him

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The clear conversation between MAF and his wife/family is going to be "Are you willing to move/live in Calgary for 2-3 years?" I think that answer is going to be "no" at the end of the day. I think he's willing to go to Buffalo. I think willing to go to Dallas. I do not believe, until he waives, that he's willing to go to Calgary.

Calgary is a beautiful city though, if he's making decisions based on that, he'd probably love Calgary.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Apparently the Kings are trying to trade Gaborik, Pittsburgh would be a hard pass right?? Or do you think the pens should look at him

He's not even close to what he once was. Slow, injury prone and isn't putting up points like he used too. No desire for the Pens to acquire him at all.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Flames have to move a defenseman, which the Pens need. I could see it being Elliot and one of the Flames spare defensmen for MAF with retention and or a pick. Whether JR would be interested in that I don't know.

I think it would be salary retained or a pick. It also depends on who is coming back from the Flames. Johnson and Jokipakka is the most valuable package and Elliott and Engelland would be the least valuable. For the fist package, I think the Pens would have to retain $1 million on Fleury's contract and I think it's fair straight up on the 2nd deal.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
Yeah, the Kings can't score. If they are scratching Gaborik, you know he's toast.

LA is in a bad spot with Gaborik and Dustin Brown and his contract..
I remember it wasn't that long ago there was a rumor of the pens and Dustin Brown that's the old Brown not this one, we sure are glad we didn't trade for him and get locked into that contract...

If LA is smart they need to find out if he has any travel plans and Hide a couple oxys in his luggage and cancel his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad