Prospect Info: 2016-17 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I have to think that Boikov's growth has pushed Geertsen out of their plans.

Indeed. At some point there are only so many spots on the big club for bottom pair defensemen. Once enough prospects leapfrog you, you really don't have much of a path to the major leagues. This was his year to take a step forward. He didn't, and Boikov and Lindholm did. He'll be a valuable AHL defenseman for a while, like Siemens, and then we'll move on.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't think they are going to have that kind of patience with him. After two pro seasons you can generally see where the Avs are going with guys.

You're not wrong, but that's what has the best chance of happening. Geertsen still probably has some NHL potential as a lower end defender, but good chance it won't be with us.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
You're not wrong, but that's what has the best chance of happening. Geertsen still probably has some NHL potential as a lower end defender, but good chance it won't be with us.

I feel like he always had a 3rd pairing ceiling. He was always in ridiculous shape for training camp so his tires got pumped a little too full at times. He's definitely a project that is likely to get passed over if other guys are having success faster than him.

I'd imagine EJ, Zads, Barrie, Lindy, Bigras, Mironov (when he signs) are all firmly ahead of him and Meloche will be sooner than later. He has plenty of time to work on things behind them if the org and he stick it out. I'd put Siemens ahead of him too but who knows what's going on there between him and the Avs.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Can't wait to see Jost suit up for 10 minutes a night with Mitchell and Comeau. Need that veteran leader in Comeau to help bring him along.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Can't wait to see Jost suit up for 10 minutes a night with Mitchell and Comeau. Need that veteran leader in Comeau to help bring him along.

Don't worry, he'll be suiting up to play next to Greer in San Antonio for a few more weeks.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A Jost signing will have to wait.

Apparently Craig Wolanin's kid is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad