Prospect Info: 2016-17 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd be surprised if he gets more than 15-20 games. Some will happen because of injuries, but he won't be a key player. That team has too much depth.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why isn't it?

A) I may be totally misremembering this, but I think it isn't clear what VHL team he could jump into. And, more importantly, B) the league is given a lot less attention/emphasis in the russian development model than the AHL is over here. Which means there's less talent spending time there and it's less effective at polishing players than the MHL ---> low level KHL team ---> KHL powerhouse model.

In shvyry's case I'm not sure it's the end of the world if he goes back to the MHL until injuries give him a look with the senior team...for one more season. His #s were incredible in the MHL last season, but I'm not sure that means he can't continue to develop there until that chance comes. But it would be cool if there was a more developed intermediary step, other than going to a lower level KHL team for PT.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah this is his first game this season. Shyvy is playing 4th line LW.

Metallurg is having a bit of a rough start, so this is probably just a shake up getting Shyvy in the lineup... but a good start for the kid.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah this is his first game this season. Shyvy is playing 4th line LW.

Metallurg is having a bit of a rough start, so this is probably just a shake up getting Shyvy in the lineup... but a good start for the kid.

Yeah they're definitely shaking it up. Lotsa guys with nothing to show for. Hope Shiv can stick for a bit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad