News Article: 2016-17 Preseason & Regular Season Schedule [UPD B/W Game]

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Russo tweeting that the Wild opening their season at home vs. the Jets...so thank god we don't have to deal with that right away.

(Oddly enough, he then says the rest of their schedule is getting released tomorrow...but I thought the schedule release was today?)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is every team releasing their home opener info today? If so I guess we can do our own math to see if this is the season opener or just the home opener.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Does home opener mean game 1 or just the first game at home? Seems odd to wait an entire week after preseason ends.

Anyway, we know it isn't the wild either way

No idea, the Avs' phrasing is only saying "Home Opener" at this time...

Is every team releasing their home opener info today? If so I guess we can do our own math to see if this is the season opener or just the home opener.

I would think we might all the teams releasing their Home Opener stuff today, at least we know the Wild's got out (not sure if they announced it and then Russo tweeted it, or if he leaked it...I don't follow anything on Twitter about that ****ing wretched state), and the Avs just announced theirs.

But you're right, if other teams follow suit and release their own home opener information, we might be able to piece together some information about the actual SEASON opener.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I really don't want to wait 3 days longer than everybody else because then there will just be more b2bs. I can't imagine they'd do that anyway.

Maybe our first game is away vs someone else on the 12th or 13th. If the season really starts on the 12th then that will be a long time to wait for game 1. Could give us an advantage as far as rest after the World Cup and practices go though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Maybe our first game is away vs someone else on the 12th or 13th. If the season really starts on the 12th then that will be a long time to wait for game 1. Could give us an advantage as far as rest after the World Cup and practices go though.

Yeah, Ive seen nearly every team with a game on those two dates. Can't figure out where we will be tho. I think I e looked at every western conference home opener

A week is too long, that's no advantage. Plus just means one more b2b later.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
The Canes home opener is October 28th. That is a long road trip to start the season.

And the 13th is still the first day I see for games and that is when the Pens and Caps play for the banner raising, which is usually the first game of the season if I am not mistaken.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
The Canes home opener is October 28th. That is a long road trip to start the season.

And the 13th is still the first day I see for games and that is when the Pens and Caps play for the banner raising, which is usually the first game of the season if I am not mistaken.

Edmonton is opening on the 12th among others

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Definitely looks like the Avs first game of the season will be the 15th.

The two most likely candidates for us to have played before that were CHI and STL as they play on the 12th. But both teams have another game on either the 13th or 14th meaning we wont be playing them.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Yeah that's a killer October for the Avs - coming off the World Cup they start the season against 5 playoff teams, then end the month with a B2B against the two weaker opponents. Plus only 2 home dates the whole month.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Going through the schedule also just reminds me of how much it sucks to be in the Central.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I can think of no better way to test how the team overcomes their mental demons by starting off the season 0-5. :sarcasm:

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Some observations I've put together:

- 10 back-to-backs.
- 6 afternoon games (including a Sat/Sun B2B afternoon games against the Wild and Blues)
- Most home games in a full month 9 (Nov. and March)
- Least home games in a full month 6 (Jan. and Feb.)
- Two 4-game road trips and one 5-game road trip

I think that's all right but I may have miscounted some things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad