News Article: 2016-17 Preseason & Regular Season Schedule [UPD B/W Game]

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not a bad schedule for the Avs. Nothing too ridiculous.

Obviously that first 4 game trip to the East could be a little rough, but I'd rather play these good teams early on when they are just starting up instead of catching them in mid season form.

Have a nice 5 game home stand at the end of Nov into Dec. all of which are against beatable teams.

There is a long 5 game trip in Feb to the East coast which features a pair of back to back games which could be a bit rough.

We don't see Minnesota until Nov. which is a nice bonus. So they can't **** with our heads right away.

November and March are going to have to be our best months if we want to succeed. Lots of home games those months got to take advantage. 18 of our home games come in those two months.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
yep, pretty much this, except probably 1-4-0 (0-4 to start)

Lol, I'd rather play good teams early when they are just starting out than run into a mid season form buzzsaw.

At least in the early season I'd give us a much better chance of winning a few of these games.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Lol, I'd rather play good teams early when they are just starting out than run into a mid season form buzzsaw.

At least in the early season I'd give us a much better chance of winning a few of these games.

yeah, tell that to last year

anyway, end of the season is no cake walk either

EDIT: LOL ... the first 4 games are even worse than I thought .... I went straight down to November thinking the October listing were the pre-season games when I first glanced .... oy

Last edited:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I'm not really sure what the point of the "bye week" two weeks before the all star break is but ok. The season is one week shorter too.

I could be going crazy, but didn't the NHLPA negotiate for a bye-week for each team.

We have three 6 game breaks during the season. Thats a bit crazy.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
yeah, tell that to last year

anyway, end of the season is no cake walk either

Personally I think we end up 3-2 after the first 5 games. I think we come out hard against Dallas plus we always play well against them and win fairly easily. I think we get lucky against Pittsburgh and catch them with a bit of a Cup hangover. Washington will destroy us as I think they will be on a mission this year. TB I think we play well and lose a close one, it's tough to tell where TB will be, no Stamkos, no Bishop possibly, could be a totally different team.

And I think we beat Florida who I think will be in for a rude awakening this season as I feel they overachieved last year and could very well be looking at a regression type season. You have Jagr, how many more times can he carry a team? or Luongo who will be 38 this year, can he keep posting .920 SV%, Not to mention Barkov, Trocheck, Huberdeau all had career years last season. Can they all repeat or do better? Who knows? They easily could, but they could just as well have slightly worse seasons.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I prefer playing better teams early myself. You have to play them all sometime and giving the guys a tough task to focus on isn't a bad thing. As Hench said they usually pull their **** together on that eastern road trip. Starting early with Columbus, Carolina and the like last year didn't do any good.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
First 11 and last 7 will go a long ways towards determining how this season goes...

Sat Oct. 15 DALLAS 7:00 p.m.
Mon Oct. 17 at Pittsburgh 5:00 p.m.
Tue Oct. 18 at Washington 5:00 p.m.
Thu Oct. 20 at Tampa Bay 5:30 p.m.
Sat Oct. 22 at Florida 5:00 p.m.
Fri Oct. 28 WINNIPEG 7:00 p.m.
Sat Oct. 29 at Arizona 7:00 p.m.
Tue Nov. 1 NASHVILLE 7:00 p.m.
Thu Nov. 3 at Chicago 6:30 p.m.
Sat Nov. 5 MINNESOTA 1:00 p.m.
Sun Nov. 6 at St. Louis 3:00 p.m.

and...

Wed Mar. 29 WASHINGTON 8:00 p.m.
Fri Mar. 31 ST. LOUIS 7:00 p.m.
Sun Apr. 2 at Minnesota 4:00 p.m.
Tue Apr. 4 CHICAGO 7:00 p.m.
Thu Apr. 6 MINNESOTA 7:00 p.m.
Sat Apr. 8 at Dallas 6:00 p.m.
Sun Apr. 9 at St. Louis 4:00 p.m.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If we can make it out of those first 11 games with a record over .500 I'll feel pretty good about our chances next season.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
First 11 and last 7 will go a long ways towards determining how this season goes...

Sat Oct. 15 DALLAS 7:00 p.m.
Mon Oct. 17 at Pittsburgh 5:00 p.m.
Tue Oct. 18 at Washington 5:00 p.m.
Thu Oct. 20 at Tampa Bay 5:30 p.m.
Sat Oct. 22 at Florida 5:00 p.m.
Fri Oct. 28 WINNIPEG 7:00 p.m.
Sat Oct. 29 at Arizona 7:00 p.m.
Tue Nov. 1 NASHVILLE 7:00 p.m.
Thu Nov. 3 at Chicago 6:30 p.m.
Sat Nov. 5 MINNESOTA 1:00 p.m.
Sun Nov. 6 at St. Louis 3:00 p.m.

and...

Wed Mar. 29 WASHINGTON 8:00 p.m.
Fri Mar. 31 ST. LOUIS 7:00 p.m.
Sun Apr. 2 at Minnesota 4:00 p.m.
Tue Apr. 4 CHICAGO 7:00 p.m.
Thu Apr. 6 MINNESOTA 7:00 p.m.
Sat Apr. 8 at Dallas 6:00 p.m.
Sun Apr. 9 at St. Louis 4:00 p.m.

Oh boy we could easily be 1-4 off the jump.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
In all likelihood, we'll once again be theoretically in it until March, and just barely miss again. We're not bad enough to tank, but probably not good enough to beat out Nashville, Winnipeg and Minnie for a playoff spot either. This division will suck for us for a while.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Cly5whdXIAAH95a.jpg

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
5 of the first 7 on the road, and check out that first 4 game road trip. Pitt, TB, FLA, Wash.

Roy had better have them ready.

Ryman

Aug 5, 2016
Stockholm
Hi guys!

I'm an Avalanche fan from Sweden and I am thinking about going on a trip to Denver in October with a friend. There are a few things that we have had a hard time understanding about Denver. Actually it's one thing but it's a major thing - The weather.

How are the weather in Denver during October? What can we expect?

I've read that the average high goes from 71 to 57 between the first and 31st of the month. Is it very noticeable that it's getting colder? Or can we expect a lot of sunny and comfortable days regardless of time of the month? Is it a high risk for snow during the later part of the month?

We also have another quick question. Is it safe to buy the tickets that are currently available on StubHub for the season premiere? Or are they fake? As far as I know the tickets for the game haven't been released yet. :nod::help:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad