2016-17 Playoff Race: Lightning miss playoffs by one win

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
If the Islanders make the playoffs i'll be so mad. I'd rather have Toronto win a game than come so close and be out because of ROW.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I really don't like itcoming down to other teams...let's hope that if nothing else that the team learned from this and that they won't want this happening to them again and work to get into the PO's earlier.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Question who holds the tiebreaker if the Lightning and Isles win out their games?

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
If the Islanders make the playoffs i'll be so mad. I'd rather have Toronto win a game than come so close and be out because of ROW.

Especially given that, I know it was early in the season, but the Lightning obliterated the Islanders in the head-to-head this year. Those games weren't even close.

But, given how much I hate shootouts, I am forced to respect that they have won more games outside the shootout this year than the Lightning have.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Especially given that, I know it was early in the season, but the Lightning obliterated the Islanders in the head-to-head this year. Those games weren't even close.

But, given how much I hate shootouts, I am forced to respect that they have won more games outside the shootout this year than the Lightning have.

I don't even know how the Islanders are still in it. They are garbage.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Unless the Islanders get pushed to a shootout, they do.

So, if our games end up mattering tomorrow, then I'm not saying you guys need to win, but just getting it to a damn shootout would do wonders.

Hopefully the Lightning are still in it by tomorrow.

The Sens will try to push it too a shootout, but they are pretty much resting all their important players.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Hopefully the Lightning are still in it by tomorrow.

The Sens will try to push it too a shootout, but they are pretty much resting all their important players.

Unfortunately, that was pretty much a foregone conclusion anyway. This would've felt a whole lot more do-able if these games were reversed, and you'd faced NYI today and the Devils tomorrow. Hoping for the Devils to win is such a hopeless proposition.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
Islanders are terrible and will get swept out of the first round. Shame the Lightning went 0 and freakin' 2 agains the Coyotes and 1-1 against the sorry ass Avalanche this year. They only have themselves to blame for missing the playoffs.

That said, their roster is light years better than NYI and would definitely stand a chance of doing more damage in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad