Cambridge, MA
18274700_10211855580917652_7788247494496791801_n.jpg

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I miss the hits.

I miss him when we are playing the Habs

I liked when he was on the ice with Pasta and Spooner. he made so much room for them ...it was fun to watch.

I miss when he would take over a game

I miss his leadership

I miss how classy he was (off the ice).

It was more fun when Looch was playing for the B's.

Some of the inconsistencies were due to his line mates. I NEVER thought it was lack of effort. I know he hated to lose.

I would have traded Krejci before Looch. Now he is a player who I am sick of seeing sitting on the bench with a boo hoo face on. I know he has talent but he sleeps through WAY more games than anyone else on the team.

Excellent post, Susan- reflects exactly everything that I feel about Looch. I miss that kid. I know it sounds a bit corny, but when Looch, Chara and McQuaid was/are on the ice, I feel a bit of relief, in terms of opposing players trying to take liberties with our younger kids or star players. Looch was that one forward that other players didn't dare to cross when he was on the ice.

In game one, there was a bit of a scruff at the end of the Oilers/Ducks game, and Getzlaugh was being a bully toward Sekera, a guy smaller than himself and isn't a fighter. In game two, they had Looch out the last minute of play, and strange enough, Getzlaugh didn't make a peep out of him, nor did the rest of his linemates. When Looch is on the ice, he's a bit of a policeman, so to speak. Oh, and I might add that in the first period of the first game of their series, Getzlaugh chopped Looch twice in the back of his legs with his stick, no call. Then another oiler slugged him right after, no call. When Looch retaliated, guess who went to the box for two minutes? Kind of like watching the Bruins/Sens series, in terms of reffing. :laugh:

I also wholeheartedly agree with you about Krejci. I've wanted him gone for a long time. I don't hate the kid, but I'm not overly impressed with him and his blase attitude that I see more and more every year. I never felt Looch was the problem on his line, the other way around, in my opinion. I, too, enjoyed when he played with Pasta and Spooner, too. Not only did he open up the play more for them, as you mentioned, but he also watched out for them and opposing players didn't dare lay a finger on them with him on the ice.

I especially missed him in this series with Phaneuf being an ***, especially with the crap that he pulled on Backes right from the start of the series, and he never let up, the jerk. Amazingly, he never got a penalty once for punching, holding, face washing, slashing, grabbing his stick, tripping, etc.

I watched three refs with their eyes on the both of them several times throughout the series, and even with Backes one night screaming at the ref to do something, the ***** turned his head and skated away, while Phaneuf kept harassing Backes. Then people whined that Backes sucked this series- not sure what the heck they were watching, but it was quite clear to me and anyone else watching the two of them what was going on.

Kind of like what is going on with Kessler doing the same to McDavid in Oilers/Ducks series- he stopped that crap, once TMac put Looch on his wing for a few shifts! I'm sure he'll continue that crap again Wednesday night, but when Looch was there as his winger, Kessler skated off like a little girl and left McDavid alone. Stuff like this is when Looch's worth, in my eyes to the Bruins, was very underrated.

Did I get frustrated with Looch sometimes? Sure. But no where near like I do with Krejci, and yet he's still here on the Bruins, and year after year, the excuses start piling up about why he can't play, meanwhile, folks attack Rask and Backes on a daily basis.

Last edited:

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Caps lose this they're toast. Win and they're right back in it.

Whoever scores the next goal could possibly the biggest goal of the series.

Hate the pens, but they're good.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Excellent post, Susan- reflects exactly everything that I feel about Looch. I miss that kid. I know it sounds a bit corny, but when Looch, Chara and McQuaid was/are on the ice, I feel a bit of relief, in terms of opposing players trying to take liberties with our younger kids or star players. Looch was that one forward that other players didn't dare to cross when he was on the ice.

In game one, there was a bit of a scruff at the end of the Oilers/Ducks game, and Getzlaugh was being a bully toward Sekera, a guy smaller than himself and isn't a fighter. In game two, they had Looch out the last minute of play, and strange enough, Getzlaugh didn't make a peep out of him, nor did the rest of his linemates. When Looch is on the ice, he's a bit of a policeman, so to speak. Oh, and I might add Getzlaugh chopped Looch twice in the back of his legs with his stick, no call. Then another oiler slugged him right after, no call. When Looch retaliated, guess who went to the box for two minutes? Kind of like watching the Bruins/Sens series, in terms of reffing. :laugh:

I also wholeheartedly agree with you about Krejci. I've wanted him gone for a long time. I don't hate the kid, but I'm not overly impressed with him and his blase attitude that I see more and more every year. I never felt Looch was the problem on his line, the other way around, in my opinion. I, too, enjoyed when he played with Pasta and Spooner, too. Not only did he open up the play more for them, as you mentioned, but he also watched out for them and opposing players didn't dare lay a finger on them with him on the ice.

I especially missed him in this series with Phaneuf being an ***, especially with the crap that he pulled on Backes right from the start of the series, and he never let up, the jerk. Amazingly, he never got a penalty once for punching, holding, face washing, slashing, grabbing his stick, tripping, etc.

I watched three refs with their eyes on the both of them several times throughout the series, and even with Backes one night screaming at the ref to do something, the ***** turned his head and skated away, while Phaneuf kept harassing Backes. Then people whined that Backes sucked this series- not sure what the heck they were watching, but it was quite clear to me and anyone else watching the two of them what was going on.

Kind of like what is going on with Kessler doing the same to McDavid in Oilers/Ducks series- he stopped that crap, once TMac put Looch on his wing for a few shifts! I'm sure he'll continue that crap again Wednesday night, but when Looch was there as his winger, Kessler skated off like a little girl and left McDavid alone. Stuff like this is when Looch's worth, in my eyes to the Bruins, was very underrated.

Did I get frustrated with Looch sometimes? Sure. But no where near like I do with Krejci, and yet he's still here on the Bruins, and year after year, the excuses start piling up about why he can't play, meanwhile, folks attack Rask and Backes on a daily basis.

Preach! Love this post.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Preach! Love this post.

Thank you. I didn't realize that I wrote an entire chapter there on Looch. :D I guess I really must miss the kid here in Boston, especially against Phaneuf. :laugh:

I am rooting for Looch and the Oilers to win the Cup. Hoping they can win the next two games and put the ducks out on the pond by the golf course.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
YEAH! Shatty! Nice save there, chompers. Didn't look that screened at all...whatever. Go lick a salt block.

Game 4 a must for the caps. Can't believe I'm rooting for the caps. Thanks a lot, Bin Laden.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I miss the hits.

I miss him when we are playing the Habs

I liked when he was on the ice with Pasta and Spooner. he made so much room for them ...it was fun to watch.

I miss when he would take over a game

I miss his leadership

I miss how classy he was (off the ice).

It was more fun when Looch was playing for the B's.

Some of the inconsistencies were due to his line mates. I NEVER thought it was lack of effort. I know he hated to lose.

I would have traded Krejci before Looch. Now he is a player who I am sick of seeing sitting on the bench with a boo hoo face on. I know he has talent but he sleeps through WAY more games than anyone else on the team.

I miss Lucic too!

I miss the tough, rugged, don't take no crap, make nice plays and score nice goals Lucic.

...but the last season or two with the Bruins he was not the Lucic I wanted to see anymore.

I don't know the whole story as to why Looch wasn't at his best the last couple of seasons with the B's, although I suspect it had something to do with being neutered by the officials who were constantly looking at Bruin's infractions under the microscope (and is still the case today), and it definitely affected his game. So, unfortunately he had to be traded away to get a fresh start with another team.

I wish nothing but the best for Looch, and it would be nice to see him hoist another cup in the near future (possibly in a few weeks), but IMO his time in Boston was done, and I think it had lots to do with the one sided, anti-Bruins officiating.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Thank you. I didn't realize that I wrote an entire chapter there on Looch. :D I guess I really must miss the kid here in Boston, especially against Phaneuf. :laugh:

I am rooting for Looch and the Oilers to win the Cup. Hoping they can win the next two games and put the ducks out on the pond by the golf course.

Don't apologize, great read, and good points. Especially regarding Spoons; the last time I remember Spooner being effective at all 5 on 5, and somewhat consistently, was w/ Looch. Add up Beleskey, Hayes, what we were still paying Kelly, and yeah, I'd rather have Looch. Then there's Backes. I was told by experts Looch would
start breaking down physically, etc; But, it hasn't happened. Meanwhile Krejci breaks every time the wind blows. Which was a huge concern for me w/ no Lucic on his line, and added abuse. I was told that was crazy talk. I also expected a whole lot more from Backes, especially in the playoffs and w/ DK down. Big let down, imo. His health was inconsistent as well.

Intimidation will always be part of this game. McDavid said he felt targeted all year last year. Including on the play in which he was injured. This year he's got the scoring title, is a Hart nominee, and his team is competing in the playoffs. All b/c of Looch? Of course not, however, I'm sure between Looch and Kassian he felt his back was now well spoken for, and he could simply focus on being one sick, sick hockey player.

Guys like Lucic come around never. I get the reason they shipped him, and had they received otherwise unattainable talent in return, I'd be ok w/ it. So far it's yet to be seen. The team wasn't improved one scintilla in the short term. But, arguably, the jury is still out on the picks, so we'll see.

Anyhoo, all that said, other than games 1 and 2 of the last series, Looch has been struggling. And he's the most experienced playoff player they have. He needs to find it. Great experience for that young team. Didn't expect them to beat such a experienced team in SJ, but they did. Will be interesting to see how far they can go.

Anyway, miss Looch and everything he brought.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

In game one, there was a bit of a scruff at the end of the Oilers/Ducks game, and Getzlaugh was being a bully toward Sekera, a guy smaller than himself and isn't a fighter. In game two, they had Looch out the last minute of play, and strange enough, Getzlaugh didn't make a peep out of him, nor did the rest of his linemates. When Looch is on the ice, he's a bit of a policeman, so to speak. Oh, and I might add that in the first period of the first game of their series, Getzlaugh chopped Looch twice in the back of his legs with his stick, no call. Then another oiler slugged him right after, no call. When Looch retaliated, guess who went to the box for two minutes? Kind of like watching the Bruins/Sens series, in terms of reffing. :laugh:

Where do I sign this petition . . . totally agree

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'll take anything that resembles all star talent at this point. Need a real scorer on D, despite the overrated talks, he still had 56 points.

this team doesn`t need to spend 6-7 million which is the price I have read multiple times his agent will ask for

Despite the winner last night, have you watched him in the playoffs? Eaten alive by Leaf forwards and this series not much different and I would argue McAvoy played with more poise in his first NHL action than Shattenkirk has displayed

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
this team doesn`t need to spend 6-7 million which is the price I have read multiple times his agent will ask for

Despite the winner last night, have you watched him in the playoffs? Eaten alive by Leaf forwards and I would argue McAvoy played with more poise in his first NHL action than Shattenkirk has displayed

just saying though, he was the 4th leading Dman in points in the NHL. Im cool giving 6 mill to him over players like 38 point Backes and "leadership" he brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad