GDT: 2016-17 NHL Playoffs Thread - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Right there with you. He's a great player and hockey fans are worse off when he's out. But of course that organization can suck it.

Agree.

I worry for him, given this has to be concussion number 5 or more now.

But that organization trying to be outraged about concussions and questionable plays is a ****ing joke.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I feel bad for Sid. I don't feel bad for that organization. They continued to employ and defend pukes like Matt Cooke and Ulf Samuelsson and with a cry-baby at the helm like Mario....yeah, **** 'em.

I feel bad for Sid too.

I wonder how long he will be out ?

Is a Cap's victory "tainted" if they beat the Pens ?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I feel bad for Sid too.

I wonder hoe long he will be out ?

It may not be tainted, but I'd be embarrassed if it took injuries to Letang and Sid just to barely squeak out an OT win. Almost as bad as Ottawa needing our entire defense to be injured......

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I feel bad for Sid too.

Apparently he's ruled out for the next game, but he's doing ok.

IMO, I don't think it would tainted. At this point in the season, all the teams are dealing with injuries or players playing thru something that they would normally have to sit out and take time to heal. The playoffs are just as much about how deep your organization is as it is how good your starting lineup is.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Chris Kreider is a classic example of all hat and no cattle. Man is he a frustrating player

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I feel bad for Sid too.

I don't think it's tainted at all. The Pens have dealt with a lot of injuries for some reason over the past four or five years. Seems like they have a habit of being near or at the top of the league in games missed to injuries a lot of years. Whether it be Crosby or Malkin out, they are resilient and keep on winning games. Even with Crosby and Letang out the Pens have a really nice roster filled with quality players.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
It has nothing to do with this one play, but I have always felt that you call the play, not the result. That's a cop out. I probably would have given Ovi 2 and Niskanen 2. It was unfortunate that Crosby was hurt, but I would not have called the 5 and a game just because he did.

If Niskanen and Sid were going for the puck and MN got his stick in Crosby's skate, he fell, slid 10 feet, hit the boards and separated his shoulder, he would get two for tripping. Should he get a major and a game just because Crosby got hurt?

tripping and crosschecking are treated very differently, though I'm sure you know that. A guy being tripped and sliding into the boards is a very different situation than what happened, so I'm not sure the comparison works.

I agree with you. Zero premeditation there...that's an instinctive reaction. If you have to give him a penalty for not taking care of his stick around a guy's head then call it a minor or double minor, but 5 and a game was an overreaction. Game misconduct there seems to indicate "intent" to injure, which is a laughable interpretation of that play, IMO.

And I hate the Capitals.

A game misconduct is automatic with a crosschecking major. If they thought there was intent there then it would have been called a match penalty and there is no double minor for crosschecking and that wasn't a high stick.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Stupid 8:30 game. Dozed off for five minutes and missed the only goal of the game so far. :rant:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Wonder why Forsberg didn't get a secondary assist on the first goal. Sure, it touched a Blues player's stick as it bounced out in front, but no way was that possession of the puck or anything. Definitely typically see the opposing player who last touched the puck before that kind of contact get credited with an assist.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I get tired and PO when Sid whines on the ice but I gained a ton of respect for him last summer when he brought the Cup into the restaurant I managed at that time.

He insisted on coming in during off hours with his closest friends from Junior, his coach from Junior and his wife (as well as with Colby Armstrong and Gord Miller from TSN) to make sure he had quality time with them and have them a chance to sit with the cup and catch up on things before attending all the big events where they wouldn`t be able to really talk

All this followed a stop over at the Veteran`s Hospital which was NOT on his agenda that day but as they approached the building, Sid told the driver to stop and that`s what they did.

I spoke very briefly with him, congratulated him, wished him all the best for this season with the exception of games in which he and the Pens played the Bruins, he didn`t respond with much other than to smile and say "can`t promise that".

As much as he pi***s me off on the ice some times, this game is better when Sid is playing and there is little debate that Sid has never forgotten about those who have played a role in his success

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Stupid 8:30 game. Dozed off for five minutes and missed the only goal of the game so far. :rant:

You missed yet another botched call by NHL refs playing a direct role in the results of the game. It had been very physical all night, yet there had been only 3 penalties I believe. McLeod and Reeves in particular had been going at it all game.

Fast forward to the 3rd period in a 0-0 game. Scrum breaks out after the whistle, and McLeod clearly comes in and goes after Edmunson, who retaliates. Refs inexplicably give STL the extra penalty and Ellis scores on the PP.

Talk about a total lack of feel for a game. To let that stuff go all night and call it in the 3rd period is just the worst way to officiate a game. Tainted a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad