GDT: 2016-17 NHL Playoffs Thread - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Montreal getting knocked out will be great M

Capitals would be fine also - rooting for Leafs here

The Bruins-Leafs rivalry is going to take off over the next few years so plenty of time to hate them but for now go Leafs

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I maintain if will be 50+ years before the Habs win another Cup they are 1/2 way there :handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
gonna be a snooze fest 2nd round

not going to lie, I`ve found round 1 to be a snooze fest for the most part. The B`s series is dreadful hockey to watch, the Rags/Habs series hasn`t been too bad, the Leafs/Caps series has been fast hockey and the Pens/Jackets series was a train wreck to watch

Haven`t caught as much of the games out west but watched Minny/Blues in game 3 and moved on to other things after nearly falling asleep, Oilers/Sharks I`ve caught about 15 minutes of so not fair for me to comment on, watched quite a bit of the Preds/Hawks and as refreshing as it is to see the Hawks get bounced, didn`t find any of the games as being one`s I couldn`t tear my eyes away from

I don`t know, feels like the game in general, over the last decade, just doesn`t provide this fan with anywhere near the same intrigue and excitement as it did a short time ago. I could often go and watch a series not involving the Bruins and still have the nerves/excitement watching two teams where I have no horse in the race. Now? Not much at all, systems to blame for most I believe, not nearly enough hatred any longer.

An OT game alone doesn`t mean the game itself was remotely exciting. Hasn`t been one game in this Bruins series that I would come close to classifying as entertaining. There have been a few moments of excitement but Boucher makes playoff hockey or hockey in general so boring

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Montreal getting knocked out will be great M

Capitals would be fine also - rooting for Leafs here

The Bruins-Leafs rivalry is going to take off over the next few years so plenty of time to hate them but for now go Leafs

Agreed. I try to hate the leafs but I can't. Their fans at the garden have always been so nice, they're a fun team to watch and the players I used to hate are gone. Theyre fun to root against though because you can always expect a collapse but caps are just as capable of choking.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Did anyone notice that Furlatt and Peel screwed the Jackets last night taking away their tying goal with a bogus goalie interference call? Crosby scored on the power play of course

FribbleLine

Jul 13, 2014
Ocean State
Agreed. I try to hate the leafs but I can't. Their fans at the garden have always been so nice, they're a fun team to watch and the players I used to hate are gone. Theyre fun to root against though because you can always expect a collapse but caps are just as capable of choking.

I have no problem hating the Leafs.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Another jarring look at the concussion issues from a BU university neuropathologist related to 4 lower tier very young largely unknown American players. The article is from TSN's Rick Westhead. It's the ugly reality for so many involved in a game loved by so many near and far. Despite steps taken in recent years, the medical community will continue to press for changes based on research like this example.

http://www.tsn.ca/four-junior-hockey-players-diagnosed-with-cte-researcher-says-1.730445

8Neely8

Jul 3, 2009
this.

the team is fine, but the fans are the worst.

Try living in this city (Toronto) and having to listen to these delusional fans 24x7...very painful

I for one hope the Leafs never get a sniff of a cup opportunity

Bruins forever!

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
not going to lie, I`ve found round 1 to be a snooze fest for the most part. The B`s series is dreadful hockey to watch, the Rags/Habs series hasn`t been too bad, the Leafs/Caps series has been fast hockey and the Pens/Jackets series was a train wreck to watch

Haven`t caught as much of the games out west but watched Minny/Blues in game 3 and moved on to other things after nearly falling asleep, Oilers/Sharks I`ve caught about 15 minutes of so not fair for me to comment on, watched quite a bit of the Preds/Hawks and as refreshing as it is to see the Hawks get bounced, didn`t find any of the games as being one`s I couldn`t tear my eyes away from

I don`t know, feels like the game in general, over the last decade, just doesn`t provide this fan with anywhere near the same intrigue and excitement as it did a short time ago. I could often go and watch a series not involving the Bruins and still have the nerves/excitement watching two teams where I have no horse in the race. Now? Not much at all, systems to blame for most I believe, not nearly enough hatred any longer.

An OT game alone doesn`t mean the game itself was remotely exciting. Hasn`t been one game in this Bruins series that I would come close to classifying as entertaining. There have been a few moments of excitement but Boucher makes playoff hockey or hockey in general so boring

I agree with ALL of that.

Right now two of the series have been sweeps, another 4-1, and another could end that way tomorrow.

I'm only a casual basketball fan, but the Rockets/OKC Game 2 got much more airtime than the 1-0 with disallowed goal due to a skate lace being offside debacle between the Sens and Bruins.

Granted the stars will never be showcased quite as much and the scoring will never be similar to the NBA; but Westbrook and Harden put on an infinitely more entertaining show.

And with that in mind:
If the Hawks big guns have decided that another cup isn't worth the battle,could be a lot of early exits for them.

Peter Laviolette even cautioned fans and players after the game that the next series will not be nearly as easy.

The Hawks are one of the teams I enjoy watching for entertainment value alone; but that was the most mailed-in effort I've ever seen. Three goals the entire series?

All NHL coaches have a shelf life, and Quenneville would be snatched up in a second if he were available.

Resting players down the stretch is a BAD idea. There's no guarantee the switch can be hit.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I agree with ALL of that.

Right now two of the series have been sweeps, another 4-1, and another could end that way tomorrow.

I'm only a casual basketball fan, but the Rockets/OKC Game 2 got much more airtime than the 1-0 with disallowed goal due to a skate lace being offside debacle between the Sens and Bruins.

Granted the stars will never be showcased quite as much and the scoring will never be similar to the NBA; but Westbrook and Harden put on an infinitely more entertaining show.

And with that in mind:

Peter Laviolette even cautioned fans and players after the game that the next series will not be nearly as easy.

The Hawks are one of the teams I enjoy watching for entertainment value alone; but that was the most mailed-in effort I've ever seen. Three goals the entire series?

All NHL coaches have a shelf life, and Quenneville would be snatched up in a second if he were available.

Resting players down the stretch is a BAD idea. There's no guarantee the switch can be hit.

almost wondering out loud if the Hawks got their first taste of reality of the cap era where for years they appeared to be able to lose player after player yet rebound, promote AHL players who seemed to assimilate quickly and very well but this year, they just wound up having too many of those young players and they just couldn`t handle the speed/experience of the Preds who, while having not tasted massive playoff success, don`t have the multitude of kids with limited experience like the Hawks had?

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
almost wondering out loud if the Hawks got their first taste of reality of the cap era where for years they appeared to be able to lose player after player yet rebound, promote AHL players who seemed to assimilate quickly and very well but this year, they just wound up having too many of those young players and they just couldn`t handle the speed/experience of the Preds who, while having not tasted massive playoff success, don`t have the multitude of kids with limited experience like the Hawks had?

I perused their board last night, and that seems to be the consensus among Hawk fans.

At the same time, their stars did nothing, either.

They were coasting at the end of the season, and resting guys. The players seemed determined to get Panarin his bonus, which they did. After that...

They didn't seem ready to play any of the games, managed to fall behind, sometimes early sometimes late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad