2016-17 New Goalie Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I like Dave but not as much as I like traditional masks.

Give me team colors, logo, mascot, something that tells me about your city. I don't care about your favorite cartoon character or which star wars movie you liked.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Halak new Brian's setup -

CpWPwsrWAAA9Z6i.jpg

Not a fan...the stock graphic is pretty sweet on the G-Netik 3. This set-up is kinda bland/boring.

I hope Halak goes back to his scratch graphic, or a variation of it at least

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
It also helps that he's apparently the "official" artist for Bauer masks. Maybe it's a contractual obligation.

I am sure its a contractual obligation. I am guessing he gets a check from Bauer and NHL goalies who use bauer get to use him for free. I mean there is no denying that he is a talented artist. Its not like any of his masks have things that are painted incorrectly. I just dont like his general vision or approach.

Also the bauer thing is odd because (at least this is how it was in the past, dont know about now) Bauer doesnt even make the masks that say Bauer.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/worl...ined-goalie-equipment-delayed-2017-18-season/

Self-preservation has caused a cadre of goalies to bog down the process of deciding how form fitting equipment can get while remaining safe, constantly changing the parameters and slowing the manufacturing process to a crawl.

Also, some goalies are asking for comprehensive safety testing to take place before they are forced to use the gear, something that can not take place until the standards and measurements are agreed upon by the NHL and the NHLPA, and the equipment manufactured.

All of that has pushed the process too close to the new season.

After 20 years of clown pants and Michelin Man chest protectors, the finish line is in sight for the NHL’s goalie police. It appears however, that this is just going to take a bit longer than anyone expected.

Is anyone truly surprised?

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
14067528_10154433949299819_4073554524404985667_n.jpg

"A new record of NHL masks from the DaveArt Studio✈️ I am so thankful so many goalies want my paintings! Here are masks on the way to @ny_islanders @nhlblackhawks @stlouisblues @nhljets @anaheimducks @bluejacketsnhl @lakings @edmontonoilers @minnesotawild ..... NHL and World Cup masks, from The Cradle Of Creativity....❤️ ‪#‎DaveArt‬ ‪#‎nhl‬ ‪#‎DaveArtCreativity‬ @nhl ‪#‎DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity‬"

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
13932786_10154429246664819_2510648539449924397_n.jpg

"Viktor Andren's new SHL bucket is loaded with action and lightnings...⚔ And to create intense sketch pen drawings into designs are very exciting...!! Viktor's new mask is a true Storyteller mask and the closer you come to the mask the more details you will discover among all the DaveArt Trademark Super FX...✨@vaxjolakers @andren45 #shl #DaveArt #DaveArtCreativity"

Timomies

Sep 20, 2011
I'd wager it's close to 90% of the league, goalies really seem to love him.

Or they love Bauer masks and have to get paint from DaveArt. Raanta switched from Wall to Bauer and his painter wasn't allowed to paint his mask anymore. Daveart did it.

Edit: oh, already answered :D

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Or they love Bauer masks and have to get paint from DaveArt. Raanta switched from Wall to Bauer and his painter wasn't allowed to paint his mask anymore. Daveart did it.

Edit: oh, already answered :D

I doubt its a requirement more than it is just a convenience.

Most goalies aren't artists and dont have a real vision for their masks and just let Dave do his "thing," but his "thing" is awful.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I doubt its a requirement more than it is just a convenience.

Most goalies aren't artists and dont have a real vision for their masks and just let Dave do his "thing," but his "thing" is awful.

If his "Thing" is so awful than why do they keep going back to him. The customers can tell him to tone It down but they don't because they like their masks like that.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/worl...ined-goalie-equipment-delayed-2017-18-season/

Self-preservation has caused a cadre of goalies to bog down the process of deciding how form fitting equipment can get while remaining safe, constantly changing the parameters and slowing the manufacturing process to a crawl.

Also, some goalies are asking for comprehensive safety testing to take place before they are forced to use the gear, something that can not take place until the standards and measurements are agreed upon by the NHL and the NHLPA, and the equipment manufactured.

All of that has pushed the process too close to the new season.

After 20 years of clown pants and Michelin Man chest protectors, the finish line is in sight for the NHL’s goalie police. It appears however, that this is just going to take a bit longer than anyone expected.

Is anyone truly surprised?

SOOO bloody annoying..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad