League News: 2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Part the Second (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Late collapse by Halak. Again. This is why he wasn't playing. If he just lets that puck go through the crease it probably gets moved to the corner. Instead he kicks it directly to a Pen standing right in front of him. Even without that he went down too soon and should've pokechecked.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Another lost point by the pens, I'll take it. Now we need tb to lose

Edit: I have a bad feeling I'm going to watch kutcherov score goals against us in the playoffs

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Wild fans must be in the same situation as we were the first month after the bye week. The team dominates but now you can notice their collapse

Jun 15, 2007
I think objectively speaking, Bobrovsky deserves the Vezina over Holtby.

Let's hope their nationalities can carry it for us :)

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Would love to see the true Gudas in this game.

Speaking of, that was a fairly weak cross check. Guess the league has no intentions of letting the Pens stand up for themselves.

Sheary gets lit up on the end boards and is in noticeable discomfort on the bench. Actually blocked a puck off the bottom side of his wrist. Left the bench.

Last edited:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Minnesota is 2-7-1 in their last 10, and just lost today to lowly Detroit. Looks like we're catching them at the right time.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
man a flyer win would be great. Any lost points for pitt just makes it that much harder for them. Ideally they would end up third and have to play on the road vs CBJ

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
man a flyer win would be great. Any lost points for pitt just makes it that much harder for them. Ideally they would end up third and have to play on the road vs CBJ

Won't mean much when nutsby can spear and hack his way out of any matchup.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Nice to see the Flyers hammer the Pens 6-2.

I think the Pens will start to run out of gas with all the injuries they have. Kind of like a chicken with its head cut off will still run around for a bit. Or in this case, a penguin. :amazed:

Jun 15, 2007
Is this the sort of run that gets coaches fired?

Will we help Bruce get the axe?

Toews really has amazing intangibles doesn't he? His hat trick against Minnesota convinced them they needed a Toews type player so they blow up their cupboard to get an ultralite version of him in Hanzal. Toews destroys teams with his mere existence.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Penguins fans 2 days ago: Its a hockey play! Happens all the time!

Penguins fans today: He may have been trying to play the puck, but its careless play and you gotta be in control of what you do!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Penguins fans 2 days ago: Its a hockey play! Happens all the time!

Penguins fans today: He may have been trying to play the puck, but its careless play and you gotta be in control of what you do!

You knew that the excuse for the Crosby amputation would get slammed in the face at some point. The next game is sooner than I projected. Hilarious.

Which was that elbow? Was it a hockey play that went wrong(slash) or was it just hockey(spear}?

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
You knew that the excuse for the Crosby amputation would get slammed in the face at some point. The next game is sooner than I projected. Hilarious.

Which was that elbow? Was it a hockey play that went wrong(slash) or was it just hockey(spear}?
It was an interesting couple games for the Pens and their supporters. First you have them screaming for blood on Risto for an incident that would have been a complete non-issue without the injury. They have an immediate 180º for the next game and now their flipping back again. They also brushed the Spear under the rug because no injuries, but where is the discipline for the elbow that caused no damage!?

Pittsburgh Pretzels seems appropriate at this point.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
How many points do Caps need to clinch the top spot in the east/metro?

As of now 13 or 14 points depending on the tiebreaker with CBJ. Columbus can max out at 119 points and the Caps currently have 106 points.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
The turtle derby for the second wild card spot continues.

Florida loses to Buffalo and the Isles fall to the Preds.
Carolina loses in OT to Detroit.

Tampa Bay tied with Chicago 4-4 with 4 minutes to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad