League News: 2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Part the Second (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
T'is a rare thing ;) to see a part of a player dangling about that. Particularly disturbing is trying to flip it back into place. Yikes.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Preference, in order: NYI, BOS, TOR. We match up well with the Isles and their goaltending is easily the worst of that group. Boston has nice fancy stats but little in the way of actual goal scoring talent and I think the Caps handle them fairly easily. The Leafs have a lot of speed and talent so even though they're young and have holes in their roster I'd prefer not to play them.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Preference, in order: NYI, BOS, TOR. We match up well with the Isles and their goaltending is easily the worst of that group. Boston has nice fancy stats but little in the way of actual goal scoring talent and I think the Caps handle them fairly easily. The Leafs have a lot of speed and talent so even though they're young and have holes in their roster I'd prefer not to play them.

Leafs also have Babcock. They are the least desirable match up, by far.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011

Save percentages since Jan 1:

Andersen - .913
Greiss - .910
Rask - .888

Hard to believe, but right now I'd rather face Rask than Greiss or Andersen. He's been the worst goalie in the league (to play at least 20 games) since the New Year.

Leafs also have Babcock. They are the least desirable match up, by far.

Since '09, Babcock's 3-6 in playoff series and hasn't made it past the second round. He doesn't really scare me. I think Detroit's post-lockout success has more to do with their stacked roster than their coach.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
How was no penalty called even without the injury? That was a 2 hander directed at the wrist/hand area. It wasn't even a stick check or something similar that road up and got the hands.

This is Crosby's SECOND cheap shot of the week, and yet no suspension. Unbelievable.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The Russian Butcher

They are afraid that sitting him will hurt marketing efforts. Little do they know taking a stand and facing it head on may actually help their efforts. Negative news is still news and generates attention.

An extreme example, I may watch a game without him to see how they do. Otherwise, I cannot watch him unless we are playing.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Save percentages since Jan 1:

Andersen - .913
Greiss - .910
Rask - .888

Hard to believe, but right now I'd rather face Rask than Greiss or Andersen. He's been the worst goalie in the league (to play at least 20 games) since the New Year.

Since '09, Babcock's 3-6 in playoff series and hasn't made it past the second round. He doesn't really scare me. I think Detroit's post-lockout success has more to do with their stacked roster than their coach.
Toronto's backend is unexperienced and "weak". I would be almost shocked if all the young forwards manage to keep pace in their first PO. The other two teams have experience.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Ovie slashes guys like that all the time, and usually gets called for it.

The type of slash is pretty common, but the O'reilly nutshot was dirty

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I thought slash leading to serious injury is always a major penalty?

Could be wrong here, that's just what i thought.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The thread on the mains now is nothing but Pens fans circling the wagons

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Saw that. Thought about wading in, but really, why bother? They are in deep denial about his special treatment.

No point. I tried to be fair and logical and was immediately attacked and insulted personally by a few of them. I think they're trying to ruin the thread so it gets closed. They may get their wish because nothing worthwhile is being discussed anymore.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
No point. I tried to be fair and logical and was immediately attacked and insulted personally by a few of them. I think they're trying to ruin the thread so it gets closed. They may get their wish because nothing worthwhile is being discussed anymore.

Just another reason I have no desire to extend my modding responsibilities. Light blue is just fine for me. :)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

It's their usual BS. Everyone sees things one way, and then their is the Pens way. I am just hoping that all this Bad Karma BS that Crosby is brewing up is going part of their bigger meltdown. Injuries, etc.

In a weird way, its almost like he and Ovy might change roles this year. Sid can get all the individual accolades (Rocket, Art Ross, HART), and Ovy can get the Cup (and Conn Smythe?).

Its setting up different this year.

We will see.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Just another reason I have no desire to extend my modding responsibilities. Light blue is just fine for me. :)

Wise. They dont' call it the "purple plague" for nothing. lol. I spend most of last night's game dealing with part 1 of that monstrosity :laugh:

and now part 2 is closed. They got their wish. Another Sid scandal buried by the ROOT sports street team.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Let's look the bright side. Of Ov or Orpik chop 87 the hands in the playoffs and hurts his wittle wrist gets a boo boo we just refer them to that thread. I have doubt that Dubinsky is taking notes

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
You are correct. 5 and a game misconduct.

I thought so.

Just thinking how the referees can even miss a call like that? They saw the slash and they saw the result.

Wondering that because this isn't a call you have to make within an inch of a second. You can shove that chopped finger in the refs face as long as you want and at any point the referee should have no other option than to make the call.

I mean do that and what's the referee going to say to justify the non-call? That the piece of finger must have came off from dumping the puck in?

Exactly the kind of stuff i hate with this league. They have a rulebook but the referees don't have to follow it. Propably the only thing i hate more is announcer saying that ''Capitals just had 3 straight PP's, so the next call is going to go against them'' (looking at you, Laughlin). Sadly that seems to be the truth usually these days though.

'Game management'. Can't wait to see the day these zebras are replaced with robots that make sure the players decide the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad