League News: 2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Part the Second (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I think id rather face Boston than Toronto. Boston is just Brad Marchand and their PP overachieving big time, while Toronto's kids could break out in the playoffs. And of course Babcock is scary.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The bottom line is that a team as good as they've been all year should expect to be able to win with their backup goaltender. I think most coaches would have done exactly what Torts did here.

When you're that good, you start your backup versus the lesser team.

Korpisalo is 6-4 2.85 .905.

Looking forward to the Caps winning tonight.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I think id rather face Boston than Toronto. Boston is just Brad Marchand and their PP overachieving big time, while Toronto's kids could break out in the playoffs. And of course Babcock is scary.
What? The Leafs are still chocking away games like crazy. The defense is young, inexperienced and there is no one there to guide them.

Love seeing the DoPS showing off they have no concept of how to actually discipline players in a productive manner to clean up the game. Tkachuk elbows a player right in the head. Completely non hockey play and gets one less game then Risto that threw an early hit. They need to get it through their heads that actions should be the primary reason for suspensions and not injuries.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I don't want to face Boston. They have the best fancystats and a good goalie, and a fantastic top line.

They haven't played great against the Islanders but I still think that they are a favorable matchup.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Bring on Toronto and then Boston. Toronto is dangerous offensively but inexperienced and weak on defense. This would be like playing the 2008 Caps.

We own Boston since 2012, Holtby is in their heads and we've had success against Rask.

1-0 Pens BTW.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
fwiw Crosby appears to have chopped off the tip of Methot's finger with a slash.

Do not post the pics here.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Sens win! Update on the standings:

1. Caps - 104 pts in 73 games, 46 ROW
2. Pens - 102 pts in 73 games, 43 ROW
3. CBJ - 101 pts in 73 games, 45 ROW

Woot! :yo:

EDIT: 20 000th post!

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
The Hurricanes are still very quietly right there in the race for the last WC spot. 5 points behind BOS with 2 games in hand.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Partially severe someones finger, Penguins fans don't think its a big deal.

Complete lack of respect for the health of other players to whack someone across the hand that hard and they don't see a problem with it.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Partially severe someones finger, Penguins fans don't think its a big deal.

Complete lack of respect for the health of other players to whack someone across the hand that hard and they don't see a problem with it.
How was no penalty called even without the injury? That was a 2 hander directed at the wrist/hand area. It wasn't even a stick check or something similar that road up and got the hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad