League News: 2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Free Agency Fallout (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
I know it's counterintuitive, but I think the NHL kind of screwed Las Vegas by making the protecting 4 defensemen option limit a team to only 4 forwards. I did a mock expansion draft on cap friendly, and my biggest takeaway is that almost every team would be better off losing their 4th best defenseman than their 5th best forward. The end result was that LV was swimming in 2nd pairing defensemen, but had almost no talent at forward. It's to the extent that if the Caps choose to protect Orlov, Johansson will probably be the best forward available. Allowing the 4D option to protect 5 or even 6 forwards would let them build a much more balanced team.

Of course, once Las Vegas was 9 or 10 legit 2nd pairing defensemen I suppose they could turn around and trade them for forwards. That'd make the summer even more interesting.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I know it's counterintuitive, but I think the NHL kind of screwed Las Vegas by making the protecting 4 defensemen option limit a team to only 4 forwards. I did a mock expansion draft on cap friendly, and my biggest takeaway is that almost every team would be better off losing their 4th best defenseman than their 5th best forward. The end result was that LV was swimming in 2nd pairing defensemen, but had almost no talent at forward. It's to the extent that if the Caps choose to protect Orlov, Johansson will probably be the best forward available. Allowing the 4D option to protect 5 or even 6 forwards would let them build a much more balanced team.

Of course, once Las Vegas was 9 or 10 legit 2nd pairing defensemen I suppose they could turn around and trade them for forwards. That'd make the summer even more interesting.

I've been thinking the bold is the plan.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The logo is okay but the team name is terrible. If he was hellbent on using Knights in the name, Desert Knights sounds much better.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Only Sidney Crosby doesn't get 5-minute penalty when he drops his gloves. 2 for roughing. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad