League News: 2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Free Agency Fallout (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Not sure how Garth Snow and Jack Capuano both still have their jobs.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Depending on how you look at it... fortunately or unfortunately for the Isles, he has a long time to get it figured out.

Should've signed Okposo. They knew what they were getting with him, and the Isles have absolutely 0 depth on RW since he left. I believe Clutterbuck is their only natural RW.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
How does Schenn get nothing… absolutely insane by the DoPS.

I can buy his argument that he was just trying to jump out of the way, I guess. But given his history of ******* behavior I would have still liked to have seen a 1 game suspension because it was reckless.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I can buy his argument that he was just trying to jump out of the way, I guess. But given his history of ******* behavior I would have still liked to have seen a 1 game suspension because it was reckless.
That is such an insanely stupid precedent for the NHL to start and goes against all their own rules. No one intends to high stick anyone when they go for a lift check. No one intends to trip a player when going after a puck by a player's skate. The fact of the matter is Schenn jumped into head only contact that was completely avoidable.

1 game? Someone that is playing their 8th game after a 3 game suspension should easily be 5+. It's just a stupid and unnecessary play to make when he had the player lined up for a clean body check.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think intent has to be weighed and in my eyes, very little intent was shown.

Also don't look now but the Rangers are good. Not just because they have the best goaltender in the league. Their forwards are awesome and can score at will. Really glad the Caps are in this dumb division.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think intent has to be weighed and in my eyes, very little intent was shown.

Also don't look now but the Rangers are good. Not just because they have the best goaltender in the league. Their forwards are awesome and can score at will. Really glad the Caps are in this dumb division.

We'll see if the Rangers are legit or not. I don't think they're going anywhere with that defense, and they certainly don't have the best goaltender in the league.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Lundqvist has had a poor start but there are some interesting metrics showing Lundqvist and Price are head and shoulders the best in the league. I'll pull them up in the morning if I feel like it since I'm on my phone now.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We'll see if the Rangers are legit or not. I don't think they're going anywhere with that defense, and they certainly don't have the best goaltender in the league.

/steps into time machine....sets it for 2015...

Caps fans (and everyone else for that matter): "We'll see if the Penguins are legit or not. I don't think they're going anywhere with that defense, and they certainly don't have the best goaltender in the league"

;)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Caps fans (and everyone else for that matter): "We'll see if the Penguins are legit or not. I don't think they're going anywhere with that defense, and they certainly don't have the best goaltender in the league"

;)

Yeah but the Penguins have superstars. The Rangers have nothing on the level of Crosby, Malkin or Letang. Hell, even Kessel would be the Rangers' best forward.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I hope the Bolts trade Bishop before the Playoffs. Vasilevsky looks very shaky at times. Brutal game from him again today.

Pretty nice 1st career goal from Christian Dvorak.

Marner gets 2 goals as the tanking rivalry game ends 2-1 against the Sabres. He may be a better prospect than Matthews.

Condon shutout in his first Ottawa -game. Canucks shut down 4th time in their last 5 games. Only team they scored on? Capitals.

East continues to dominate West in head-to-head match-ups. Penguins only Eastern team to lose and even they got loser point from Kings.

3 teams in the West have positive goal differential and there are teams standing on the Playoff -spots with losing records. :laugh:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah but the Penguins have superstars. The Rangers have nothing on the level of Crosby, Malkin or Letang. Hell, even Kessel would be the Rangers' best forward.

Oh they're not the same talent-wise up front, just sayin. Famous last words for rival Metro fans.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Lundqvist has had a poor start but there are some interesting metrics showing Lundqvist and Price are head and shoulders the best in the league. I'll pull them up in the morning if I feel like it since I'm on my phone now.

Here's the link I meant to grab last night:

http://www.tsn.ca/lundqvist-quietly-continues-run-of-excellence-1.449738

Last season Lundqvist was still undeniably the best goalie in the league IMO given the garbage defense he was playing behind. Best even strength save percentage and EV goals saved per game, despite facing shots at a closer range than pretty much every starter in the NHL.

He's not guaranteed to be the best this season especially given his age, but I'd be shocked if he finishes outside the top 5 goalies in the league.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Habs ensuring that they get all of their bad puck luck out of the way in one game. Smart move IMO.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Carey Price just won both the Vezina and the Hart Trophy tonight.

Unlucky game, with undisciplined play by the Canadiens.

Every goal was an incredible shot, great deflection, or great bounce. There was a backhand goal from the slot that it literally went in and Montoya didn't even know the puck was shot until the crowd reacted to it.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY

;)

But the Flightless Birds were indeed flightless for half the year before they went on some freaky-deaky super hot streak at the end of the year and right into the playoffs.
Seems to me the Rags are peaking way too early. Them in Oct/Nov just like Caps of last year in Dec/Jan. :dunno:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
But the Flightless Birds were indeed flightless for half the year before they went on some freaky-deaky super hot streak at the end of the year and right into the playoffs.
Seems to me the Rags are peaking way too early. Them in Oct/Nov just like Caps of last year in Dec/Jan. :dunno:

While its very exciting when your team is play well and all the rainbows and unicorns appear in your head. Hockey is way too streaky to talk about who the best team is. To me that is why the trade deadline is so important. Some teams get a bump and others don't. I attribute some of our playoff woes to that fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad