Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 20 SKATERS, #1

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
How about Provorov 1a & Sanheim 1b because they are both really good and I'm glad we have both of them.

Cheers! I voted Provy but it was a coin flip with Sanheim, who has gamebreaking speed and offensive ability which will be very good complement to Provy's ability to control the game at both ends. Nice to have these two as a top pairing someday.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
How about Provorov 1a & Sanheim 1b because they are both really good and I'm glad we have both of them.

Good Morning All Happy 4th. What 240 now? Anyway enjoy the cookouts today and the fireworks later(be careful). Looks like a certain few have been working OT on the Travis band wagon:laugh: I really like Sanheim, but he is 3rd at best on my list. Plus there is no 1a or 1b:shakehead It is who is 2nd. Look at the poll the people have spoken. Lets move on to see who is #2. But what The Flyers have done in just a few years is simply amazing with all the talent that is being stockpiled.
By the way my money is on the better player starting on the Flyers at the start of next season:
Provorov will be on the club and will be a top 4 right off the bat while Travis will be learning his craft in the AHL which is not bad at all. Another player on the big club is our stud RW Travis Konecny who comes in at 2 sportsfans. Anyway time for java..... get to typing you 9 :laugh: 6% vs 88%

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I have Sanheim rated very high....before the draft, I said I would not trade him for any Dman in the draft. And we saw a Dman go #5.

I just think with Ghost here, prime PP minutes will go to him instead of Sanheim which will drop his points, and thus perceived value. Wheras I think Provy will get leaned on as an all situation defender more than anyone else which will increase his value to the team. Sort of like the 37 point Couts being more valuable than the 47 point Schenn.

But I am also looking forward to a 2nd PP unit that will have possibly both Provy and Saheim on it. That will definately help us going forward. We will also be able to move guys around to cater to what D has the hot streak going, who is having a better game, less banged up, etc...

The pipeline looks fantastic!

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Cant believe how different, bigger and better this pool is, compared to whatever we had a few years ago

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I have Sanheim rated very high....before the draft, I said I would not trade him for any Dman in the draft. And we saw a Dman go #5.

I just think with Ghost here, prime PP minutes will go to him instead of Sanheim which will drop his points, and thus perceived value.

If they can't find a spot for Travis Sanheim on the 1st PP within the first few years he's on the big club, than we flat out suck at utilizing our players. I've said this before, but you drop him in Voraceks spot on the wall, opposite Giroux in the umbrella, right now and Sanheim would outproduce Voracek.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I've said this before, but you drop him in Voraceks spot on the wall, opposite Giroux in the umbrella, right now and Sanheim would outproduce Voracek.

True. Voracek was an abomination on the right half-boards last season. Teams just overplayed toward Ghost and Giroux and left Jak open because he was no threat (and, in fact, would screw it up if he got the puck).

I honestly think Couturier might be more effective on the right half wall than Voracek on PP1, just because he has better vision and intelligence in a set-up alignment and could better exploit teams for cheating toward Ghost and Giroux.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad