Fantasy: 2016-17 Fantasy Hockey Discussion

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Faceoffs are usually pretty close (I have Giroux, Monahan, Trochek, and then Pavelski and Hertl on wings). I do like Hertl, but I feel like I have too many Sharks so I'll suck when the team is slumping (Burns, Pavelski, Hertl, and Jones).

I think it's safe to cut Hertl now... :(

And you know you need a new league when you have more roster adds than the rest of the league combined (12 team league... 15 to 13).

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
This isn't for an HF league, but I wanted to get an opinion on a trade offer. I have another team and was offered Hall+Panarin+Galchenyuk for Crawford+Gaudreau (who is on IR for another month or more). It's a yahoo keeper league, and they have extra stats like saves made and games started. I have Schneider and Anderson in addition to Crawford. Thoughts?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
This isn't for an HF league, but I wanted to get an opinion on a trade offer. I have another team and was offered Hall+Panarin+Galchenyuk for Crawford+Gaudreau (who is on IR for another month or more). It's a yahoo keeper league, and they have extra stats like saves made and games started. I have Schneider and Anderson in addition to Crawford. Thoughts?

I personally like having 3-4 goalies on a team, especially with stats like saves and games started.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I'd probably do it if you need the offensive stats. Especially as a keeper league.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I personally like having 3-4 goalies on a team, especially with stats like saves and games started.

I'd probably do it if you need the offensive stats. Especially as a keeper league.

I chose to do it, and that was before it was announced that Crawford would be out for a few weeks.

I needed the help on the wings, and both Panarin and Hall provide that. Even if Gaudreau starts playing well after coming off of IR, Galchenyuk should offset that production when accounting for both the numbers Galchenyuk puts up while Gaudreau is on IR and after Gaudreau comes off IR.

Thanks for the input guys!

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
One of my teams combined for a minus 15 rating on Tuesday.

I get that a lot. My downfall is drafting guys that score a lot on bad teams. I'm -30 in our HF league :baghead:

I think I used to play a lot in leagues that counted ATOI, so if you scored a lot, won faceoffs and spent a lot of time on ice, +/- was mitigated. Probably need to adjust my line of thinking.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I get that a lot. My downfall is drafting guys that score a lot on bad teams. I'm -30 in our HF league :baghead:

I think I used to play a lot in leagues that counted ATOI, so if you scored a lot, won faceoffs and spent a lot of time on ice, +/- was mitigated. Probably need to adjust my line of thinking.

I believe average time on ice is a standard category in ESPN leagues.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Good for a rookie but unless your league is craaazy deep I wouldn't bother picking him up.

It's craaazy deep (the draft took almost 400 players), otherwise I wouldn't have picked him up. I hope he gets more than 10 minutes of ice time next game

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
What do I do for the Unsustainabowl? Still dress both goalies and bench Jones cuz of the back-to-back. I won goalie wins this week already, just hope my SV% doesn't plummet. :laugh:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
rangers fan lurking...

Any word on which of your goalies are starting tonight? I have Jones on my fantasy team, considering picking up Dell in the event Jones doesn't play the 2nd leg of a back to back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad