Fantasy: 2016-17 Fantasy Hockey Discussion

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So who is going number one this year, Jonathan Toews or Sidney Crosby. With all the talk about about who the best player last year, Sid reminded everyone he was still here. If I had the first pick, he might be the guy I take, even over Kane or Toews.

Also, when is the best round to take a goalie? Are they overvalued or just as if not more important than any other position.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
So who is going number one this year, Jonathan Toews or Sidney Crosby. With all the talk about about who the best player last year, Sid reminded everyone he was still here. If I had the first pick, he might be the guy I take, even over Kane or Toews.

Also, when is the best round to take a goalie? Are they overvalued or just as if not more important than any other position.

In my past leagues goalies can really make the difference

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Toews is nowhere near first overall... unless you were being sarcastic.

I'd take either Kane, Crosby or Ovechkin first. I'd have to think about it more, though.

As for goalies, I usually don't start taking one until the fourth round or so.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

I'd take either Kane, Crosby or Ovechkin first. I'd have to think about it more, though.

He's 1st overall if you're playing in a league that has Intangibles as a category.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

I haven't seen anything fantasy hockey related so I was making a guess. If I was drafting first (And I probably won't be), it would definitely be Crosby.

zakkthebear

Apr 22, 2013
San Jose, CA
For most multi-cats I think Jamie Benn is your top pick. Kane had a monster hot streak and a season for the ages. But I'd take Benn #1

In dynasty leagues, I had the first overall and I took Laine at #1

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville

Really depends on what the league settings are. In particular, how many appearances per week and how many moves allowed per week.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Really depends on what the league settings are. In particular, how many appearances per week and how many moves allowed per week.

Yeah, highly league dependent.

If the goalies have 2/3rds as many categories as Skaters, then goalie value jumps skyhigh since usually 2-3 goalies will make or break near 40% your categories, as opposed to 13-14 skaters.

If your league has only 4 goalie categories and 9 Skater categories, then the importance shifts.

It shifts based on everything really. Crosby is more valuable than Benn in a league counting faceoffs but not hits/PIM's/ etc, but it shifts around really fast depending on categories.

If SOG and goals are a big thing, Ovechkin's value takes a giant hop.

That's why guys like Kesler/Toews can be obscenely valuable in some leagues, and meh value in others.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hey guys! How many points do you project for Nieto this year? Any idea who he's playing with?

Probably 20-30 points on the 3rd/4th line. It's kinda unlikely that he's gonna improve the stickwork and puck skill that's keeping him back as a scoring option.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Should I start Freddie Andersen or Craig Anderson tonight? I also have Martin Jones going, and I'm obviously not going to bench him. So basically, who do you think will win?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad