Fantasy: 2016-17 Fantasy Hockey Discussion

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Hello Sharks, I own Joel Ward in my points only pool and I have a re-do swap available for a few more days and he's the one forward that's been slow in the point production department. How is he doing? I had him last year as well and he was pretty productive and I believe he saw time on the PP. I saw that his line was a collection -5 or -6 in the last 5 or 6 games. Is he not likely to be productive this year?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hello Sharks, I own Joel Ward in my points only pool and I have a re-do swap available for a few more days and he's the one forward that's been slow in the point production department. How is he doing? I had him last year as well and he was pretty productive and I believe he saw time on the PP. I saw that his line was a collection -5 or -6 in the last 5 or 6 games. Is he not likely to be productive this year?

I moved your post to the fantasy thread. :)

They juggled the lines last game, and Ward ended with Couture and Donskoi. He doesn't get much power play time, and it's hard to project his point total without knowing where he'll play. I expect around 35 points for him this year.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I moved your post to the fantasy thread. :)

They juggled the lines last game, and Ward ended with Couture and Donskoi. He doesn't get much power play time, and it's hard to project his point total without knowing where he'll play. I expect around 35 points for him this year.

Thanks. It's a tough one to tell. There's Pirri, Read, and Zucker to pick from but aside from Pirri, none of them are necessarily better offensive players than Ward. Just a good start to the season.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thanks. It's a tough one to tell. There's Pirri, Read, and Zucker to pick from but aside from Pirri, none of them are necessarily better offensive players than Ward. Just a good start to the season.

Yeah, Pirri may be the best option since he gets top power play time. He doesn't get many even strength minutes, though.

Ward gets a lot more even strength minutes, but his power play time isn't much.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I did for like four leagues. I cut him in almost all of them. I still kept him for a 16 team dynasty league, though.

I traded Panarin and another prospect for him before the season last year. That trade set my team back a decade.

I will keep Andersen for better or worse because why not...

Trading Panarin seems like a mistake.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I will keep Andersen for better or worse because why not...

Trading Panarin seems like a mistake.

Yeah, it was before the season started last year. Andersen was the starter on a good Ducks team, and Panarin was an unknown in the NHL. That might have been the worst trade I've ever made.

Although, I did trade Juuse Saros in a deal for Pekka Rinne in a different dynasty league during the season last year... I'm regretting that one big time right now.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I dunno if I can trust the Sharks to score goals...so Bob...so then you have to root against your own team.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Dropped Hoffman for Hertl (kinda wanted JVR too but I like the current flexibility of LW/C).
Thoughts about dropping Oshie for Gallagher?

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Probably a stupid question, but Hertl or JT Miller (head to head)? JT Miller is winning or tied in pretty much every category except faceoffs, but those faceoff wins could help.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
How badly do you need faceoffs?

Yea this is pretty key here.

Hertl is a better fancy stats player on a team that's better at fancy stats but, let's face it, Sharks are struggling to score. There's always hope that Sharks regress to the mean soon but I'm not sure I trust Hertl to be a regular producer just yet even though I love him as a player.

Miller's on a higher scoring team but he's doing pretty badly in terms of fancy stats, ie not great at generating scoring chances, but he is putting up points right now. If you just need the points, then Miller is probably the way to go but I'm not sure I trust him long term. If you need the faceoffs, go with Hertl.

Stenen06

May 1, 2016
Stockholm
Hello, what do you think about Marleus season? He was recently put on waivers in my league and I was thinking if he is worth a claim, I am 3:rd in waiver order so I dont want to waste it, but I doubt there will be a much better player on waiver. Im concerned about his age and maybe he is dropping in production, I havent watched any Shark game this season so I dont know how he has played.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hello, what do you think about Marleus season? He was recently put on waivers in my league and I was thinking if he is worth a claim, I am 3:rd in waiver order so I dont want to waste it, but I doubt there will be a much better player on waiver. Im concerned about his age and maybe he is dropping in production, I havent watched any Shark game this season so I dont know how he has played.

I wouldn't trust him to put up points at even strength. He still gets power play time but it's not really saying much IMO.

Stenen06

May 1, 2016
Stockholm
I wouldn't trust him to put up points at even strength. He still gets power play time but it's not really saying much IMO.

Ok, if he has the same production like last year it would be enough because those special teams points would be lovely. Far from certain he would do it?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Faceoffs are usually pretty close (I have Giroux, Monahan, Trochek, and then Pavelski and Hertl on wings). I do like Hertl, but I feel like I have too many Sharks so I'll suck when the team is slumping (Burns, Pavelski, Hertl, and Jones).

Yeah, with that many Sharks already on your team, I'd go with Miller for sure.

I wouldn't add Marleau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad