2016-17 English League Cup and FA Cup

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Aaron Ramsay literally ran at the ball, was inches away from it until Sanchez took it. That's absolutely offside.

He took maybe a step towards it but never played it and Courtois didn't change position because of it.

I wouldn't have complained if it was called offside, but it's definitely ambiguous

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
What's infuriating is that the assistant called it and the ref overturned it.

Meh, again, that's how it's supposed to be done. Assistant ref flags because a player is in an offside position. The center is supposed to decide if that player made a play on the ball, etc.

The center decided Ramsey didn't alter the play (which I tend to agree with because I don't think Courtois' position would have changed if Ramsey wasn't there) and so he overruled.

That's like textbook reffing, at least in terms of the process.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Meh, again, that's how it's supposed to be done. Assistant ref flags because a player is in an offside position. The center is supposed to decide if that player made a play on the ball, etc.

The center decided Ramsey didn't alter the play (which I tend to agree with because I don't think Courtois' position would have changed if Ramsey wasn't there) and so he overruled.

That's like textbook reffing, at least in terms of the process.

I absolutely agree the process was right. Flag was raised, there were some questions, they discussed, and came to a decision. Absolutely the right thing to do. I just disagree with the final decision.

I think Courtois would have charged out if Ramsay wasn't there so it should have been called.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't get the Pedro hate. Especially from Arsenal fans.

I could care less about the hate. These posts just don't make sense. They don't rate him because of his time at Barça. That's what I don't get. And I didn't even bother with it, but the whole "he was replaced by Turan" is utter nonsense.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It was definitely offside as the new rule indicates, and it was definitely a handball leading up to it anyway. Those missed calls were pretty egregious.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Three trophies in four years? That record? Dortmund has one trophy in the last four years. Sit down. Be humble.

When's the last time your boy Klopp won anything? What's Tuchel done in the last four years?

I don't love Wenger, but at least be honest to yourself.

:handclap:

Les Habs, Pedro was the 15th most important player for Barcelona. He was irrelevant for them. I could've played with Barcelona and scored goals.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
:handclap:

Les Habs, Pedro was the 15th most important player for Barcelona. He was irrelevant for them. I could've played with Barcelona and scored goals.

Could you have started a World Cup final for the only national team to win three consecutive major tournaments?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I absolutely agree the process was right. Flag was raised, there were some questions, they discussed, and came to a decision. Absolutely the right thing to do. I just disagree with the final decision.

I think Courtois would have charged out if Ramsay wasn't there so it should have been called.

Yeah, after watching again, I can certainly see this perspective. It's definitely a close call and I would prefer to advantage the offense generally (unless, of course, the goal is scored against my team:naughty:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad