Player Discussion: 2016-17 All Goalie Talk

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Well, Budaj is a great guy. A back-up goaltender, but very well-liked among Ontario Reign and L.A. Kings fans. Friendly, humble and grateful for the opportunity. Gives you everything he has.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
First game without Bishop and Vasi stops 39/40 in a win.

First game without Vasi and Bishop stops 28/30 in a loss.

Clearly Yzerman made the right choice ;)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Who do you start Friday on the road in Pittsburgh? I feel like the veteran Budaj is a safer bet, but if you're saying as an organization, 'Vasy's our guy and we have all the faith in him,' you can't try to shelter him from a big game/super strong opponent.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Who do you start Friday on the road in Pittsburgh? I feel like the veteran Budaj is a safer bet, but if you're saying as an organization, 'Vasy's our guy and we have all the faith in him,' you can't try to shelter him from a big game/super strong opponent.

I don't think it's about shelter as much as it is realistically where we're getting two points from in a back to back.

I would think the chances of us winning tomorrow is slim to none, so in that case throw in Budaj and roll Vasy on Saturday for the win.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I don't think it's about shelter as much as it is realistically where we're getting two points from in a back to back.

I would think the chances of us winning tomorrow is slim to none, so in that case throw in Budaj and roll Vasy on Saturday for the win.

Yeah. I think it's pretty much a decision of if we want to go "all in" on the back to back and try to win both with a real possibility to lose either one, or take the "safer bet" and throw Budaj to the wolves tomorrow and play our best against an easier team.

I think at this point in the season we may need to go all in.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Usually teams will star their #1 against the hard opponent. Vasi is technically our #1 and Pittsburgh is a much more difficult opponent than Buffalo..

But with slim chances of victory against Pit and desperate need for points maybe they save him for Buffalo in hopes to gain at least 2/4 points from the weekend

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Budaj's new mask:

Ghme0PP.png

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Recommend going back and reading the first several pages of this thread. Hindsight gold for many. Foresight gold for a few others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad