Not open for further replies.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Dal Colle-Point-Marner
Crouse-Strome-Konecny
Beauvillier-Barzal-Gauthier
Perron-Quenneville-Hawryluk
Watson

HM: Perlini, Chartier, Bleackley, Patrick. Perlini could easily supplant Watson or Perron.

Sanheim Hicketts
Fleury Juulsen
Chychrun Roy
McKeown

HM: Dunn, Dermott, Carrier ( strong contender if healthy), Chabot, Hickey, LeBlanc, Vande Sompel

Blackwood
McDonald
Sawchenko

HM: Montembeault, Booth

I would think at least three Q forwards are coming to the team
Some tough choices to be made.
If you consider Chartier is going to be heavily viewed as it he was close last year and he played very well in memorial cup and Spencer is definitely going to make it,
Then what " lock" is going to be in shock

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Could anyone say something about Watson and Perlini? How did they look? Also would be interested in McKeown and Chychrun as they are candidates for the defence spots. Thanks!

edit: I see Watson played apparentley some PP minutes and scored the winning goal...scored 3 in two games...
...quite good that the only russian goal came in their 5 on 3 PP.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Add Perlini to this list of those we wouldn't consider if they weren't already drafted so high

Yeah, guys who aren't scoring a whole lot and haven't done much in the summer or this series with Russia need to do something over the next month. Canada already has several elite offensive players who are productive this year. There is no need to take a flyer on a guy who just might play to his potential.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I'm pretty curious if they take Dal Colle, or if they give a chance to players like Perron or Chartier.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
I'm pretty curious if they take Dal Colle, or if they give a chance to players like Perron or Chartier.

Last year I said don't take Drouin and I still believe that was right
This year i put Dal Colle in the same light
I don't mean to say he could be as poison as Drouin would have been but he will march his way down the lineup and will not be appreciative of being the 13th forward or getting third line minutes
His style may work in Oshawa but not in Finland
Can't be fooled by draft positions folks

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah, guys who aren't scoring a whole lot and haven't done much in the summer or this series with Russia need to do something over the next month. Canada already has several elite offensive players who are productive this year. There is no need to take a flyer on a guy who just might play to his potential.

with the call up of Shea Theodore, that makes it 11 from last year's team to play in a NHL game this year...considering the 4 that were unavailable last year, that bodes well for the 1995 group when you combine it with the '96s and the 97s. I see some very good, some very talented and seriously stacked senior teams in 3-4 years time. I just hope there are NHL Olympics and real international World Cup tournaments in which they can play.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Ryan Gropp would be a real long shot to make the squad, correct?

Yeah, he benefits greatly from having Barzal as his center. He's a solid prospect in his own rights, but no chance of making this roster.

Last edited:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I think Marner is going to have a lot of fans at this WJC. Probably the only team any Non-Leafs fan will every cheer for him lol

86Habs

May 4, 2009
At this point, I'd say Dal Colle hasn't earned his spot. He stays at home.

If Dal Colle is cut again this year, would he be the highest-drafted player to be cut from the World Junior team in his draft + 1 and draft + 2 years? I actually think he would be.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Last year I said don't take Drouin and I still believe that was right
This year i put Dal Colle in the same light
I don't mean to say he could be as poison as Drouin would have been but he will march his way down the lineup and will not be appreciative of being the 13th forward or getting third line minutes
His style may work in Oshawa but not in Finland
Can't be fooled by draft positions folks

What? Drouin wasn't an option last year. He was also a far better player than Dal Colle is.

with the call up of Shea Theodore, that makes it 11 from last year's team to play in a NHL game this year...considering the 4 that were unavailable last year, that bodes well for the 1995 group when you combine it with the '96s and the 97s. I see some very good, some very talented and seriously stacked senior teams in 3-4 years time. I just hope there are NHL Olympics and real international World Cup tournaments in which they can play.

That was a good, deep team, but I don't see many top level players. McDavid obviously. Maybe Reinhart as an elite, two way winger at the Olympic level.

At this point, I'd say Dal Colle hasn't earned his spot. He stays at home.

I agree. He has done little in the OHL thus far and he has done nothing in the summer camp or the game yesterday.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
If Dal Colle is cut again this year, would he be the highest-drafted player to be cut from the World Junior team in his draft + 1 and draft + 2 years? I actually think he would be.

A dubious distinction indeed. but he has to own it. His play this season has been nowhere close to good enough. I hope he finds his game as the year progresses and has a rebound year in AHL next year... but for the WJC, Hockey Canada should just move on to other options.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Would love to see Francis Perron get a shot at this team. Patrick and Gauthier would be quite nice too but it's probably going to be hard for all three to fit onto the roster.

Also really rooting for Chabot and Dunn on the backend.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
With Russia being banned from hosting the 2016 WJHC, what are the odds the tournament comes back to Canada for 2016?

86Habs

May 4, 2009
A dubious distinction indeed. but he has to own it. His play this season has been nowhere close to good enough. I hope he finds his game as the year progresses and has a rebound year in AHL next year... but for the WJC, Hockey Canada should just move on to other options.

He's picked up his game recently, but I agree that it may be too little, too late. We have some good options on the left side. The thing with Dal Colle is that he's invisible, until he's not. His contribution and value is pretty much limited to the hash-marks in, but he has a tremendous release and accurate shot. He's top-6 or bust, really...there wouldn't be any use taking him for a bottom-6 or 13th forward role.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
so they banned the World Championships??? That is quite huge. World Juniors are in Finland and then in Canada so it must be the WCH. wow.

I haven't heard anything of the sort. I have no idea what that poster is going on about. Fesel doesn't leave his Russian language classes long enough to make any such decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad