Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v31) Next: vs Bal| Fri, Sept 4| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Jimenez vs Hutchison

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I don't want to shut him down. I'm just tired of people penciling him as the #2 Playoff starter before he's pitched a game. I'm all for easing him in the rotation, but that seems to be the anomaly in the Blue Jays sticky.

Like I said, if he's fine, and can pitch at or close to where he's usually at, I really think you have to go with him. He's so good that you just can't pass on an opportunity to massively upgrade your starting rotation when a World Series is at your finger tips after years and years of not even making the playoffs, and lord knows when we'll get another chance. Even if we have the exact same roster next season, you never know what can happen with injuries or off years -- we've been relatively lucky with lack of injuries to our key position players (knock on wood). If he's even 90%, that's still much better than Hutch by my estimation, and I think you just have to go for it. He's not going to fall apart like Hutch does mentally speaking; he's like Osuna: icewater in his veins.

I'll agree that if he can't pitch at full tilt then he shouldn't pitch, because then you're asking for trouble. But if he's fine, then why not? When he's healthy he's already a good #2 in the rotation pitcher (#3 at worst) with potential to get better, and that's a massive boost to anyone's pitching staff. It could be our secret weapon, actually. (Well, not so secret, but you get the idea.)

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
He's played one season, and hasn't pitched in the MLB in an entire year. People already have him penciled as the #2 Playoff Starter... let's slow it down a bit. For anyone to come in after a year off and pitch great right off the bat is rare, let alone a rookie who has pitched one year in the MLB...

Even without the injury, there's the potential that MLB players adjust to him - so let's not jump the gun already.

Like I said, if you've been tracking his carrer path so far he's been nothing short of torrid in his rise.

I'm sorry...but I seriously doubt his knee is going to hold his arm and heart back.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Okay I'm locking this up ... Will get a new thread going for tomorrow's game .. Take all talks back to the discussion thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad